Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist, Internist
5741 S Fort Apache Rd
Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89148
702-434-7246
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Unprofessional  |  show details
by Extremely unhappy on Feb 5th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Santos by the surgeon who did my back surgery. I was looking for a new pain management doctor because my current doctor is so far away. During the consultation he confused my lumbar and cervical issues several times and tried to tell me that I was confused about the location of the disc replacement surgery I had done. He was very abrupt and condescending. Then I had to sit there while he entered his notes into his voice recorder. Only after all that, did he inform me that his office has a policy that they will only prescribe 10 mg of Oxycontin, which is lower than the dosage I currently take (and which has been approved by my SURGEON). He would not budge and just shrugged his shoulders when I asked him what I was supposed to do. He told me, "I guess you'll just have to go back to your other doctor." Nice. He could have lead with that information instead of wasting my time and his. On the plus side, his staff was very pleasant.

|  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

One of the worst doctors I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. He does not listen to you, constantly interrupts and is most discourteous. He did a procedure on me and said I would be sedated for the procedure. I felt everything and it was extremely painful. I was alone, other than 3 men in the procedure room with my pants almost completely down, telling them I was in pain and crying. Throughout the entire procedure all the 3 men did was laugh and talk about their firearms, ammunition and shooting ranges. Not one of them, even the doctor asked how I was doing. The patient is definitely not the focus of this dr. and I find it surprising that a "pain management doctor" is so rude and uncaring. Avoid him at all cost.

|  TheRidge  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

Not a doc for the timid. I've been seeing him for many years & finally figured out that in order to get Santos to listen is to grab his attention & not allow him to roll over you. His bedside manner is crappy, but he's a decent dr. Phillipino docs are normally stand offish and rude. So ya just gotta roll with the a-holes in order to get the care you need.

|  Pain Control  |  show details
May 3rd, 2011

Dr Santos installed a Medtronics stimulator in my back in Dec 2002. It worked for one week .He refused to fix the peoblem and will not honor the devices warranty. He should not be licenced to be a doctor and I do question his credentialsRon Petit

|  I would not recommend this doctor  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

He spends less than 10 seconds in the room. When you try to talk to him, he interupts and says what he wants. Horrible bedside manner.

|  Worse off than when we started  |  show details
by GeneralSpecific on Nov 1st, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Santos was impatient and did not spend longer than 5 minutes speaking with us about what the next course of action was. His pain management procedures were horrid, and his focus was elsewhere when performing treatment, causing more pain than was previously present. If there was any way you can choose a doctor other than Dr. Santos, by all means, do it.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by ck89122 on Oct 31st, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Stantos is my husband's pain specialist and he highly recommends him. I found Dr. Stantos and staff to be very personable and friendly. The office is decorated to make you feel comfortable and we've never had a bad experience there. We would both recommend Dr. Santos to anyone needing a pain specialist.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com