Dr. Cristian Brotea Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cristian Brotea?

Posted on June 7th, 2016

Thank GOD for Dr. Brotea. I'm walking and the scar is neat and healed well

Rushed Appointment

Posted on November 28th, 2015

I've seen Dr. Brotea a number of times for a few conditions. Besides having to wait over an hour, I felt he was very rushed and did a terrible exam. I'm still in extreme pain and not sure where to turn.My symptoms and conditions were not well explained nor did he take more than 30 seconds to examine me. Since he was my third surgeon to speak with and been in pain for many years; but felt it did not have any bearing since this was only the first time I saw him. Not happy and will seek advise elsewhere

Posted on May 5th, 2015

I found Dr. Brotea to be the most amazing doctor! He is very informative, he took the time to explain exactly what he would be doing to correct my spinal stenosis. He is the most caring, competent surgeon who took away the pain I was suffering for years. He visited me every day I was in the hospital and he has a wonderful bedside manner. I was up and walking without any walker or cane the very next day after major surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Brotea.

Former Nurse Technician

Posted on March 17th, 2015

Dr. Brotea is very dedicated to his profession. I am being treated by him because of spinal and cervical radiculopathy, due to injuries sustained while working as a nurse's assistant. I actually had to have surgery a few months ago at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle, and he was there everyday with a smile on his face checking to make sure I was okay. Obviously, I was in a lot of pain, but seeing him smile actually made me smile. Also, everyone at Montefiore who I came in contact with while I was there had only wonderful things to say about him.

Posted on March 10th, 2015

Dr. Brotea is an excelllent surgeon and very responsive patient needs.

Posted on February 6th, 2015

Perhaps, the most compassionate, attentive, empathetic, knowledgeable, engaging doctor and surgeon I have ever met. These adjectives do not adequately describe the trust a patient feels when you are in his care. Dr. Brotea is the quintessential doctor. He performed lumbar fusion surgery on me and what could have been an extremely frightening experience was made far more comfortable than expected because of his presence and commitment. His manner with patients is very easy going and he is always accessible for questions both in office and via phone calls. He spends as much time with a patient as you deem necessary. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking an amazing doctor.

Sciatica nerve ,budging disk and replace with screws.

Posted on December 26th, 2014

The best spine surgeon. Hands of an Angel. A beautiful job done. Well done

He took my pain away

Posted on December 18th, 2014

Dr. Brotea saved me (a 47 year old male) after 4 years of excruciating chronic pain: on a scale of 0 - 10, my pain was 19. My quality of life was horrid. Walking was becoming impossible. 11 months following Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery I continue to live free of chronic pain. Dr. Brotea's approach was personal and humane: he was patient and detailed in describing the procedure. His commitment to ensuring that I understood the procedure in detail, contributed to how comfortable and confident I was going into surgery. I do not know another doctor like him. Of the 6 plus doctors that I have been to over my years of pain, Dr. Brotea is the only doctor I actually enjoy going to visit.

Posted on September 27th, 2013

I took my adolescent sister to see Dr. Brotea for her severe scoliosis. He was wonderful! Typically doctors these days spend 3 minutes with you and the rest of the time you spend waiting in the office. Although there was a significant wait time it was so worth it. Dr. Brotea spent time listening to her history, carefully examining her, and explaining the brace he was prescribing that had to be worn 23 hours a days. My sister is now out of the brace and her back curve has significantly decreased. Thanks to Dr. Brotea we avoided having to take her through a major surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Posted on October 15th, 2017