A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cristina Alencar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Cristina Alencar is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alencar
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alencar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cristina Alencar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Alencar graduated from Universidade Federal Do Ceara, Fortaleza.
Dr. Alencar has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Albemarle Hospital
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Cristina S Alencar MD is a female Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Cristina S. Alencar practice?
- Dr. Cristina Alencar has 1 office location.
Dr. Cristina Alencar practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Chesapeake, VA.
See Chesapeake Internists, Chesapeake Hematologists, and Chesapeake Oncologists.