Overall Review

2.5

January 21st, 2015
Very nice Cubano Dr. Great with the kids. No nonsense. Love her!!

March 14th, 2014
The best pediatric doctor we have ever had!
Personable, approachable and perceptive, Dr. Garcia is exactly what we were looking for in a high quality, caring pediatrician. She has a natural empathy for people that really shines through and our grand child loves her! He even asks if he can go see her even when he is not sick. Really, she is fantastic in every way possible and in fact, we have had the other doctors at the practice a time or two also and they have been terrific. I love also that they are so respectful of your time. Not much waiting and able to get us in at a moment's notice. They are also very plugged into our community. We give then a 10 and you will be fans too;-)

April 10th, 2013
HOW DISRESPECTFUL AND RUDE
I will not judge someone by until I meet them. I looked up Volusia Pediatrics and saw a bunch of different websites referring Dr. Garcia as misdiagnosing patients, rude bedside manner, as well being disrespectful towards parents. I did not take the advice of these surveys on all of these websites and decided what was the harm to try her out? If she was rude or disrespectful we would just changed doctors. I am very displeased with myself, that as a father I did not heed the warnings from all of the reviews. After being in the medical field myself for the last 8 years, as a Firefighter/EMT and working in a hospital as well, Dr. Garcia has to be the up most disrespectful 'Doctor' I have ever met. Not only did she disrespect me and my wife she withheld treatment from my child because of the type of insurance we have.. She made us jump through several hoops just to get treatment.. We are talking about a 12 day old child. We've been in the ER multiple times till 2-3 in the morning with our child and she scalds us for doing so. " you need to take your child here, not to the ER, unless he is breathing or something like that " Does that sound like a professional to you? Seriously? She said we needed to call her office.. Okay Doctor... At 9 pm and your office is closed and we call your office to reach YOUR answering service with another Pediatric doctor informing us we need to go to the ER right then and there.. We listen.. Once we informed her that we had followed her advice she then quoted us that quote above. We were looked at as being a naive, white trash who had no experience in the medical field or in raising a child. She completely ignored any possible medical diagnosis from the Pediatric Doctors that we had seen in the Pediatric ER.,, Dr. Garcia, you disgust me, have some professionalism when you see your patients. Staff was nice and courteous. Wait time is very long 45min +

March 6th, 2013
We are thrilled with this Doctor:-)
We have been taking our grandson to this Dr. since he was born. She has been absolutely amazing with Kolton. He even talks about her when he does not have a visit! At the age of two, he would say, "Dr. Sia" and smile. We have raised three kids and my wife and I wish there had been a Doctor this great for our kids. The truth is that Kolton looks forward to going for his checkups and especially to visit and play with Dr. Garcia. Highly recommended:-) One more thing, if Kolton or we did not love going to her, we would take him someplace else. The fact is that we can relax that he is great hands and will be his entire childhood. Thank you.

March 26th, 2012
TERRIBLE!
Dr. Garcia Pilchick has TERRIBLE bed side manner, each time you go to her office you wait for HOURS!! The last time I was there she was talking bad about patients saying they weren't "private (insurance)" and she did not want to see them. She is disrespectful of EVERYONE unless they have something she wants. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 17th, 2009
Disappointed
I was told to give my child Motrin / Tylenol rotating to keep the fever down. I called in the middle of the night when the temp dropped to 95 she told me that was not possible and to get another thermometer. Another time they were going to sneak a flu vaccine without my approval then when I refused the shot I was berated about it.

October 29th, 2008
Need a listening ear....don't go here!!!!!!
Questions are asked...yes, but do you get a chance to respond...definitely not. If it were up to me and she was the only one in town i would have to move before going back to her again. I would rather spend money in gas to travel to a good doctor than drive just a few minutes to her office.