Dr. Cristina Matera MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2016
Ms
Really enjoy having Dr. Matera for my OB/GYN. She spends the time I need and answers all my questions. She is understanding and empathetic. Yet when it comes to doing the right thing with your health - she is no -nonsense. She speaks to me like a peer and doesn't dismiss me or talk down to me like so many doctors. She is a great doctor and a great human being. I feel better now than I did a few years ago and I can largely attribute that to her care.

July 29th, 2015
For the first time in many years (I am 64), I have a physician who actually takes time to understand the person within the patient. Having seen many physicians in many areas, she is among the best and my favorite doctor. I have complete confidence that I am receiving the best care possible. She is compassionate as well as competent, patient as well as professional. I have recommended her to my daughter who will switching to her care. I highly recommend her.

June 11th, 2013
Dr. Matera, is an outstanding physician. She is very thorough and conscientious. She has a very well run office at which things do NOT slip through the cracks. She takes time with her patient and is committed to proving excellent care. She listens and is responsive.

October 1st, 2011
Finally a great fertility Dr.
We saw two other Dr.s and Matera gets it right on every front. We had the best results and she was always a phone call away. She even called us on Sundays. Great caring kind Doc.

September 23rd, 2011
best

September 1st, 2011
Best doctor I've ever had
Dr. Matera is the best doctor I've ever had. She is first and foremost, passionate about what she does and intellectually curious. This makes her particularly effective at helping people. She is also wonderfully compassionate and guided my husband and I in such a caring way on our rocky - but ultimately successful - path towards having children. I cannot recommend her enough.

February 3rd, 2011
My experience was embarrasingly bad
Dr. Matera's office has incorrectly billed the services to my insurance resulting in tens of thousands of dollars of bills that are not covered. Worse she won't recode and properly fix them. I have been waiting for almost a year. The bills were so substantial I had to discontinue treatment. Now, my calls to her office go unreturned. I feel helpless. I can not recommed her practice to anyone.
Doctor's Response

To provide details, first, I personally determine the diagnosis and procedure codes to ensure that they accurately reflect the services rendered. Any modification, or "recoding" to enhance insurance reimbursement is fraudulent. Second, my office submits all claims directly to the insurance companies as a service to our patients and to minimize excessive paperwork and record-keeping. In this circumstance, the patient's insurance applied a much lower reimbursement to identical services provided when they underwent treatment to have their first child 2 years ago. Despite the fact that I am not contracted with her insurance company, I reviewed all of the billing, comparing and contrasting reimbursements from her first successful attempt of pregnancy to the current and composed a 3 page letter to the insurance provider appealing their extremely low reimbursement. This was achieved within the time-frame designated by the insurance company and they have since made full payments that exceed 80% of the charges. I am truly sorry that this patient felt helpless, however our billing practices are upfront and transparent. We work with integrity to help our patients get maximal reimbursement. Physicians cannot be blamed when the insurance companies arbitrarily assign low reimbursements. Sincerely, Dr. Cristina Matera

November 18th, 2010
Extremely dedicated doctor/very special doctor/highly recommend
Dr. Matera is very special. There are not many doctors like her anymore. She is so dedicated to her patients. She spends time with you, answers all your questions and very detail oriented. She calls you after visits and spends time with you on the phone. I have never had a doctor call me on a Sunday and at 9pm at night and spend time speaking with me about my concerns. She is really caring! One of a kind! What a special doctor!

August 25th, 2010
excellent doctor
kind caring intelligent considerent

August 10th, 2010
Truly and outstanding doctor. Work like her to tweek her bedside manner.

October 14th, 2009