Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Grace Peterson on Jun 15th, 2015

Dr. Alvarado was an excellent surgeon, I can't say enough about his care for me and concern. My diagnosis of lung cancer was such a shock to me he was able to assure me that it would be ok. Believe me he certainly did all of that. I would recommend him to any of my friends that were in need of a surgeon in his field. He will be looking after me for quite a few years to keep me at a stable condition.

Exceptional Surgeon show details Exceptional Surgeon
May 22nd, 2015

Dr. Alvarado performed a minimally invasive wedgectomy on me. The operation was flawless. I was out of the hospital in a day and back at work in less than a week. Dr. Alvarado gave me his cell phone number and e-mail at my first visit. I never had to call him because he called me several times to follow-up and make sure I was ok. I would recommend Dr. Alvarado to anyone needing a thoracic surgeon.

Outstanding Surgeon show details Outstanding Surgeon
May 21st, 2015

Dr. Alvarado is an amazing surgeon. He accepted the challenge of operating on my husband's difficult Stage 3 lung cancer. Every other surgeon turned we talked to said it couldn't be done. Dr. Alvarado told us about all the risks and challneges and the chances for success to help us decide. He gave us his cell phone number and e-mail also. The surgery was a complete sucess and resulted in a cure for lung cancer for my husband. I will always be grateful that Dr. Alvarado agreed to help us.

Great Doctor - Saved my mom show details Great Doctor - Saved my mom
May 18th, 2015

Dr. Alvarado saved my mom's life. My mom had a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia and they found something suspicious. We met with Dr. Alvarado. He explained all the things it could be, including the most frightening one; lung cancer. He was able to do a biopsy with a robot and then was able to follow-up and do surgery to take out the cancer with the robot. My mom's lungs weren't great so having this minimally invasive surgery really helped. Dr. Alvarado gave us his cell phone number and his e-mail and was always available to answer questions. The surgery went great and my mom was out of the hospital in record time. Dr. Alvarado is truly a great surgeon and a great doctor.

May 17th, 2015

I visited the Alfond Cancer Center with my mom a few weeks back to get some very good news. My mother is officially cured of lung cancer, because it has been five years since her operation and it hasn't come back. Dr. Alvarado was her surgeon and he was just about the best doctor I have ever met, so I wanted to thank him. We haven't seen him in a few years, and some of the nurses said he had moved to CT. They said there were rumors some other jealous doctors did some mean things to him. I see some ignorant comments here, and I guess I can believe it. Well, that's a big loss for Maine. Dr. Alvarado was not only ridiculously smart, he was just the nicest man. I couldn't believe he actually gave us his phone number back when he operated on mom. Told us to call anytime. We never needed it because mom was in and out of the hospital like nothing happened. He used some fancy technique and my mom has just a few tiny scars that you can barely even see now. Cancer gone. God bless you Dr. Alvarado. Whenever my family gets together for Mothers Day or Christmas or my Moms birthday, we say a prayer for you for giving her back to us.

May 15th, 2015

Dr. Alvarado did my best friends lung cancer biopsy and subsequent lung cancer surgery. He spent a lot of time with us explaining all of the available options. He made sure we understood options for doing chemotherapy before and after surgery as well as the risks and likely outcomes from the surgery. Dr. Alvarado gave us his cell phone number and his e-mail in case we had any questions. The surgery went well. Dr. Alvarado was there when my friend came out of the anesthesia and continued to follow-up until he was discharged. The surgery was minimally invasive and my friend went home early. I can highly recommend Dr. Alvarado both for his surgical expertise and for his caring, respectful and inclusive patient and caregiver relationship.

a rip off show details a rip off
Feb 28th, 2013

this did the venis procedure 3 times and the last time i had to pay and he didnt close the vaine and he still wants 5000 for his work

Total nightmare show details Total nightmare
Jun 9th, 2011

i am lucky I am alive after my experience with this doc!

Mar 23rd, 2011

This doctor is a butcher whom I wouldn't even send a hog to.Don't let your loved ones lay a finger on you.