Urologist
400 Newport Center Dr
Ste 409
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-718-4315
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Dr Cu Phan is a problem solver  |  show details
by Robbins on May 10th, 2014

I have an ongoing and recurring problem with prostatitis, consequently I have seen several Urologists. Dr Cu Phan is my choice to be my regular Urologist as he is a problem solver. Dr Cu Phan understands my problems, has explained in great detail the potential remedies and why they may or may not work for me, and he also has discussed the risks associated with these potential remedies. I, without reservation, give Dr Cu Phan a big thumbs up.

|  Excellent Urologist  |  show details
by Nancy Turner on Feb 26th, 2014

Dr. Phan is an excellent Surgeon and has a unique and sensitive approach to patient care and comfort. He makes you feel at ease and is very motivational about overall health. Very genuine!! What a refreshing change to many other medical experiences. All star staff truly enhances experience as a patient. Highly recommend Dr. Phan!!!

Oct 20th, 2011

Excellent and easily understood detailed explanation of problem and future needs and possibilities.

Jun 3rd, 2011

An excellent Doctor in all aspects

|  GLAD THEY CHANGED STAFF!  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR. PHAN FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW 3 YEARS PLUS, AND HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR, VERY KIND AND PATIENT. THE STAFF I HAVE INTERACTED WITH HAVE BEEN GREAT, EXCEPT ONE THAT I ENCOUNTERED ABOUT A YEAR AGO, THE WAY SHE ANSWERED THE LINES WAS SO RUDE, NEVER FOLLOWED UP WITH ME REGARDING MY MESSAGES, AND WHEN I WOULD ASK IF SHE HAD GIVEN THE DOCTOR MY MESSAGE SHE WOULD RESPONED IN A WAY AS IF SHE WAS IRRITATED, WELL I JUST SAW DOCOTOR FAN THIS LAST MONTH OF APRIL AND I SEE THAT HIS STAFF HAS CHANGED AND THE GIRLS TAKING CARE OF HIS OFFICE ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB! THEY ARE RESPECTFUL, PATIENT AND ARE ON TOP OF THINGS EVERY DAY, YOU WOULD THINK THAT TWO YOUNG LADIES WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THIS OFFICE ON THEIR OWN SINCE HE IS SOO IMPACTED WITH PATIENTS BUT THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND ARE VERY GOOD ON RETURNING PHONE CALLS TO PATIENTS. I AM GLAD DR. PHAN HAS CHANGED HIS STAFF AND I HOPE HE KEEPS IT JUST THEY WAY IT IS.

Apr 25th, 2011

Dr. Phan is thorough, intellectually and compassionately engaged in his patient's well-being. Both my husband and I have been Dr. Phan's patients and are grateful for the timely and accurate treatment we received from him.

Apr 21st, 2011

I have been seeing Doctor Phan and have had a pleasant experience. Still working to finalize my health concerns. Need to take a few more test. Will keep you updated. Lots of experience and ease of interaction.

|  DR. PHAN IS AMAZING  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

Dr. Phan is extremely competent and knowledgable in his field. I would highly recommend this doctor. My only complaint is his office staff. If ever there was an unprofessional, unreliable, discourteous, and simply uncaring group of young ladies, these young ladies are it. It took months to get information to and from Dr. Phan. They are there to assist him, however good luck if any of your messages ever reach him. I heard of a patient who waited 2 months to get a referral for a CT Scan! I have had similar problems with the constant overturn of staff for the last 5 years. There are people's lives at stake and many of us are cancer patients. I truly wish Dr. Phan would take a good long look at who he has "representing him" at the front desk. He once had an assistant named Judy who was simply amazing. She was so courteous. I am glad my first contact with Dr. Phan was with her. Since she left, his staff's demeanor and professionalism have gone down the drain. I am multilingual and I have heard their vulgar and crass discussions and am appalled that they talk this way in front of waiting patients! I know of several doctors who praise Dr. Phan but have the hardest time getting information through his staff. Truly tragic. PLEASE DR. PHAN, GET BETTER ASSISTANTS!

|  DR. PHAN WAS THE LAST MINUTE DOCTOR IN A CRISIS  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

18 DAYS OF SEPARATE SURGERIES IN THE HOSPITAL BY DR. PHAN.#3 WITH BEFORE AND RECOVERY TIME. HE IS COMPASSIONATE, EXCELLENT, ON TIME, AND I TRUST HIM 100% .FOR ME TO SAY THIS AFTER OTHER CONNFUSIONS AND WRONG LAB, LOST KIDNEY STONE TESTS, STRONG EGOS, I FIND HIM TO BE SO UNIQUE. I AM IN OC, HAVING LIVED IN HAWAII,HIS EXPERTISE AND DEMEANOR ARE WISE AND CALM. I HAVE HAD INFECTIONS FOR SO LONG I CANNOT REMEMBER AND HE IS REMOVING ALL THE KIDNEY STONES. LAST WEEK WHEN HE FINISHED WITH THE LEFT KIDNEY, IN THE RECOVERY THE FLOOD WAS A SURGE OF YEARS OF BACK UP. IT WAS LIKE HAVING A BABY. I WAS HAVING A REACTION QUICKLY AND TORODOL, BENADRYL WAS GIVEN AND I PASSED EVERYTHING.HARD TO EXPLAIN UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD A BABY, AND TO BE KEPT IN A SAFE PLACE WHERE HE WAS RIGHT THERE.ONE NIGHT WE DELAYED SURGERY FOR A GOOD REASON. I AM HAPPY TO HAVE HIM AND REFER HIS PRACTICE OF SURGERY.HE IS SOO SAFE AND DRINK THAT WATER TOO. I USED TO WORK FOR DOCTORS AND NOT ALL DESERVE GOOD REVIEWS. IHOPE THIS HELPS.THIS IS 11/15/2010 SO IT IS VERY CURRENT. GOOD LUCK...

by Maureen Piccirillo on Aug 26th, 2010

Highly recommended! Has been a surgeon for over 17 years and is the best in his field. Bedside manner is excellent, soft spoken.

Jun 24th, 2010

Dr. Phan seems to be a caring and honest Doctor. He knows what he's doing and is experienced in his field.HOWEVER, his staff is sooo rude, uncaring, unprofessional and does not follow up as promised. They get irritated when you have questions. I can not believe the doctor would hire these girls. The most unpleasant medical office staff I have ever encountered. They should not be dealing with patients or in any customer service environment.

|  Exceptionally Qualified & Caring Urologist  |  show details
by Patient in Newport Coast, California on May 10th, 2010

Resolved a major bladder/prostate problem after another prominent urologist failed to accomplish after over a year of treatment. Dr. Phan is an outstanding, careful surgeon, diagnostician and general urology physician. His office staff is efficient, courteous and friendly.

|  TERRIBLE OFFICE STAFFS  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2010

So difficult to get to Doctor. Office staffs are not efficient, poor communication, never call back to let patient know about patient request (ex: lab report, question to the doctor , referral follow up), repeatly answer "we 'll call you back " but never did. No caring or sympathy for patient (from staffs)Doctor is good but office staffs are very very poor

by Eileen Huntington Beach, Ca on Sep 22nd, 2009

Dr. Phan is a caring, kind, understanding doctor. I felt very safe in his hands when he operated on me to remove a kidney. He explained everything ahead of time so that their was no surprizes. I would highly recommend him.