Dr. Curtis Armstrong DO Patient Reviews

• Bad

April 21st, 2017
Very bad person

July 26th, 2015
How DARE that nurse suspect drug seeking. This man is an animal!
The woman who identified herself as a nurse is a disgrace. How DARE she say that the people who gave Armstrong a bad review were drug seekers. I did not, nor have I ever, done a drug in my life. I went to the ER at Grand Strand (when he was still there, he has since left) in a terrible state. As one reviewer said, without even examining the patient, or looking at records, he accused me of exactly the same thing...drug seeking etc. His first question, "How many ERs have you visited today in your search for drugs?" I am 70 years old. He is disrespectful, crazy with the power of being a doctor, and a point to be made.... In his former life he was a policeman. Perhaps they should have given him a few more psychologicals...he needs them! I put my clothes on, got up to leave and he screamed at me across the ER, "Oh, you're better now. I thought you were Soooo sick." I just yelled back, "I am sick, sick of you." and then I went directly to administration to report him. Yes, I was still sick. I went to another hospital. I called my son to pick me up and was crying and told him what happened. Forget litigious. My son, a strapping young man and protective of his mother, was running into the hallway to get me and confront Armstrong. I had to beg him not to confront him as I didn't want my son to be harmed. I call this man STRONGARM, not Armstrong. When I go to the ER I ask who the doctor is. Last time I said to the nurse, "If Armstrong is my doctor I do NOT wish to see him." The male nurse said to me, "Oh he left and I certainly don't miss him." This man should lose his license. I do not trust him and, in the wake of all the shootings due to crazy people, I would watch this one. He's an angry loose cannon. Anyone who employs him is not in their right mind either. If he should wind up in a suit, for any reason, I would be the first one to appear in court to testify as to his character, or lack of it. I think of what he did every time I see his name. I have yet to forget, will never forget and if I were in an accident on the street and saw his face looming above me I would refuse his help and swear that I had already died and gone to h^^l...as should he!!!

April 4th, 2014
My 95 year old father went to the ER today and was treated (very rudely) by Curtis Armstrong. It is beyond me why such a reputable hospital would employ such a rude, insensitive Dr. When we mentioned that we had gone to Urgent Care he even remarked that he wouldn't take his dog there. Most professional Drs. would not "bad mouth" our doctors. When we asked for a scan of my father's VERY swollen stomach to rule out bleeding, his reply was "So what if he has blood in his stomach, you can't do anything about it!" If you go to Grand Strand be sure to ask who will be treating you and choose someone other than Curtis Armstrong!!

March 18th, 2014
Refused to help
My wife has had some serious health problems over the past year. She may have suffered a stroke a few weeks ago. She woke up this morning barely able to walk, crying in pain. She is only 32. Her neurologist told her to go to the Grand Strand ER for an MRI. Dr Armstrong yelled at her and called her a liar. He told her to see a psychiatrist, not an ER because nothing is wrong with her and she is just looking for drugs. He said to stop wasting his time, because there were people there with real problems. He made these accusations without even examining her or looking through her medical history. He is the most uncompassionate doctor I have ever heard of.

March 1st, 2013
Dr. Armstrong is an ER physician, and as a nurse when i had to visit him, the ER was very busy. He was very straight to the point, outstanding care, and did his job. I suspect the others who rated this doctor were probably 1. Drug seekers or; 2. Frequent the ER as their source of primary care.

May 15th, 2011
This is a bogus report!
Dr Armstrong is an ER doctor. There IS no 5 min wait time (as the author stated),there is no appt., he is bereft of bedside manner and couldn't fake one. No one would EVER leave a good review about him unless they are related. I went to this site to review him as I was furious after seeing him and wanted to warn everyone. You are doing a great diservice to the public if you don't get verification of those that are grading doctors. He is the worst of the worst and I have never, nor do I ever want to, met a doctor like him.I was in the ER a few months ago and found he was the physician assigned to me. I asked for another doctor, they told me there was no other doctor, my primary physician came in and admitted me. Even in a dire emergency I would refuse treatment from him. I tell everyone I can tell about him as I am telling the absolute truth and am not worried about repercussions.

February 22nd, 2011
Great doc
Great doc

December 12th, 2010
Sad experience with a terrible physician
If I were litigious this neanderthal would be the first one I would file suit against. He has the most abysmal bedside manner, he is rude, crude, socially unacceptable and that's when he is working in the ER.It is a fact that if I were to see this doctor coming to treat me I would have to beg for anyone else available...housekeeping would be preferable.I have had a terrible experience with him and, if my luck holds, I will die at home rather than be taken care of by this person who should NEVER, EVER have been given the title doctor. An indepth psychologial exam should be given before a person is qualified to receive the title MD.

April 21st, 2017