Dr. Curtis Champion MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

December 28th, 2015
Dr. Champion is an excellent Doctor. My opinion is the waiting time needs to be improved.

March 5th, 2015
Shameful!!!
I went to have a neck sprain checked and was switching MD for insurance changes that would be effective at the first of the year and though my appt was at 11:15am, I did not leave office until 6:15pm. I was in the waiting room for almost 6hrs! I was told all new pts had to have blood work, and there would be a $50 lab fee even though I have insurance. No one asked me what I came in for over phone, at check in, , but when they took me back I had a cervical xray, EKG, urine test, vision check, hearing check, breast exam and as MD was walking out of room I asked him do you want to know what I came in for? They did tell me I had to have 10 tubes of blood collected, I refused, said I was dehydrated and fasting and we NEGOTIATED down to 3-4 tubes, though they were only able to collect 3 tubes. THEN when I tried to get a copy of my records, I was told it would take one week and since I only had one visit the fee would be minimal and 3 weeks later they are now saying I can get a copy if I pay $45.00 . RUN...RUN....RUN...!

March 25th, 2013
Awsome Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Champion since the latter 80's, he is very good !! On my very first visit a Rep came in and I was sitting in the waiting room Dr Champion told him to come on back, once they were finished he came out like he had been in a fight, he took one look and me and said STICK with that doctor he is very knowlegeable, and that stuck with me, and I'm still a patient of his some 20 years later trust me its worth the wait.

November 5th, 2012
poor service
Waited in waiting room for over 3 hours before I went into back, went in for bump on head, was given xray of back, ekg, blood work, urine test was told I would be given meds for pain wasn't, Waited over a week to find out when my appointments was to see another doc. He was rude to his staff, I could hear him fuss at them an even fussed at one when in room w me.

January 16th, 2012
OMg Be prepared to wait and wait and wait..............................
I have never ever waited so long in a doctors office with an appointment!!I have spent less time in the emergency room than in this office,I had a 09:45am appt and i got out of there at about 4:50pm, the doctor is the ONLY doctor there and is doing a million things at once,he takes time with you but that's after a long long wait and by then you just want to go home.

February 16th, 2009
Great Doctor, Questionable Staff
I had my first visit with Dr. Champion last week and he was great. He spoke in layman's terms without insulting my intelligence. He was efficient and careful, not at all rushed. I'm young and haven't been to the doctor in years, but I wanted to get a physical and some blood work to get an accurate assessment of my current health status; Dr. Champion went above and beyond and identified other issues on the spot. If you want a good doctor, he's the man. However, the wait time and the professionalism of his staff could use significant improvement.

May 12th, 2008
Worth the Wait...
Dr. Champion is a great doctor and has been my Internist for 23 years. I do nothing without consulting with him. The wait time is long and I admit a little frustrating, but he takes his time with all of his patients. He makes is thorough in diagnosing you, making sure you truly understand what is wrong, and follows up to check your progress. I would(and have) recommend him to anyone because in addition to being a great doctor, he also has great referrals.