Overall Review

3.2

July 28th, 2015
I felt insulted by his two minute view of my concerns. If I took time to read his YELP REVIEWS listed under RASKIN Curtis, would find another doctor.

June 13th, 2015
Dr. Raskin: Judgemental, Self righteous, disinteresed, HITLER had better BEDSIDE MANNER
I was referred to Dr Raskin by one of the leading cancer treatment dermatologists in the area. I had a condition to which none of the 7 physicians I'd seen prior could diagnose. The cancer specialist thought my rash was "very unusual" and that Dr. Raskin has a vast array of experience and great problem solving skills. I was elated! Finally my condition could be diagnosed and finally treated effectively. Firstly, Dr. Raskin opened the door and as walking into the exam room said, "you're a picker". In less than 5 seconds he had made judgement that clouded his objectivity. He told me that skin is very delicate you should never pick, scrape scrub, exfoliate, use a washcloth. He continues to lecture me that my skin condition was due to picking and irritation the skin that then further inflames and I further pick. He asked me no diagnostic questions. I brought with me a set of photographs depicting the chronological development of my symptoms and also brought a brief synapsis of my condition from initation to that day. He didn't want to see them. He stated that if my condition was different now, than it was in any of the photos, "that's of no concern to me". My mother, (I'm 44), even tried to interject and explain some of the situation. Dr. Raskin told her, "HMM.. she's an adult." Finally, shocked an amazed at his narrow mindenessd and lack of objectivity, general disinterest, we fell silent. He concluded with "Don't ever pick anything. Just leave it alone and it will go away. ( thank god some cancer patients are smarter than that.) I managed to ask if I should continue on the oral anitbiotics from the previous physician. He told me, "I've no need for you to." Desperately I asked well what con I do then? He said you could use some topical antibiotic ointment. Then as curt and as rude as His bedside manner, he left. Not, "have I answered your questions?", Do you need a prescription for the antibiotic ointment?" and definitely NOT "IFTHIS CONDITION PERSISTS BE SURE TO NOTIFY ME." It doesn't take 12 years of higher medical training to know that without obtaining all available data ( photos, examination, questioning the patient, etc..) No acceptable diagnosis or treatment can be obtained. Then again, I received neither.

June 29th, 2013
Best Doctor
Love this doctor!!!!!!!

March 6th, 2013
bestreviewintown
Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I have seen in years!!! He found my skin cancer did the surgery and saved my life. I will always be his patient.

October 3rd, 2012
Call before heading to your appt.
I've NEVER (unless I'm the first patient of the day) waited less than 20 minutes to get in to see the Dr. Usually it's more like a 35-45 minute wait and I have walked out and rescheduled after an hour before. I know that it is because he takes his time with each patient, which is the reason I go to him in the first place. You will never feel rushed or like he is not listening to you. But you need to have patience if you plan to be a patient. I call and ask how far behind he is running and then I let the staff know I'm adjusting my schedule to his... may not be a doctor, but my time is valuable too.

June 4th, 2012
Horrible Physician. Condescending, unwilling to biopsy and/or remove lesion!
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I have seen MANY MANY specialists in my life for ongoing medical conditions and most recently a severe knee injury, and I have NEVER come across a more uncaring, unwilling and outright ridiculous doctor! DO NOT GO SEE DOCTOR RASKIN!!!! My background: I have had a mole on my arm changing for several years... it got itchy, red, and started to gloss over and raise up over the skin. I let this go for almost 2 years, until my regular doctor suggested I have it biopsied/removed. So, I was referred to Dr. Raskin. I had to wait almost 5 weeks to get an appointment as a first time patient (first time dermatologist visit in my life). I got into the office, was 15 minutes early for paperwork and check-in, but still waited 25 minutes. This wasn't too bad, but not wonderful either. Once I saw the doctor, it took him no longer than 15 seconds (I'm serious) to walk through the door, look at my writing on the paper about the lesion, and look at my arm (poke it twice) and write it off completely. THIS WAS HIS STATEMENT: "It's only a scar, it's benign. These things can itch and it's completely normal for something you think is a mole to not be a mole at all"I asked:This is very bothersome and I'm concerned about it, can we biopsy it to be sure?He responded: (and I have excellent insurance, btw)"No, your insurance will not cover any sort of removal and you will have to pay for it. It's benign, just don't scratch it, touch it, or wash with anything but your hands." (he told me not to even use a washcloth!) This man does not do his job, he is a joke of a doctor! I'm planning on getting a second opinion from Doctor. Ed Becker in Walnut Creek asap. My regular doctor was EXTREMELY unhappy with Dr. Raskins UNPROFESSIONALISM. DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN A DIME OF YOUR MONEY! I wish Co-Pays were protected and returnable, because I feel like I just got SCAMMED!

September 1st, 2011
I would rather go to different doctor
Barely polite,did not listen to me attentively, misdiagnosed me,advised to stop taking medication which helped my condition and proscribed totally useless meds.Ignores your opinion.

June 30th, 2011
Just Plain Wrong
I was referred to Dr. Raskin because he was supposed to be intellectually curious - well, he isn't. If you are a reasonably intelligent person who has extensively researched your own condition, then you could possibly enjoy going to Dr. Raskin as a humerous exercise. If you enjoy being told, "no, that doesn't happen", and "you can't see that with a hand lens", and other statements indicating that you are either lieing or are a cretin, or if you enjoy having it suggested that you have mental issues when in fact you are the most mentally healthy person you know, then by all means - go see Dr. Raskin!!!

April 26th, 2011
he thinks his time is valuable but yours is not
very sisappointing! i made an appointment more than 2 weeks in advance. i live a busy life and have a hectic schedule, so i wanted to be sure i would be able to come on time. I ame to the office 20 minutes in advance, and saw the lobby crowded with at least 20 people. when i asked staff if i would be able to see the doctor on scheduled time. the response was that i would have to wait at least 40 minutes! ridiculous! i was treated as if my time did not matter at all. now i see how poor most of the revews are. i should have read them beforehand

April 20th, 2011
Kind to my daughter; horrible to me
Dr. Raskin was very kind to my daughter and accurately diagnosed the problem. He was verbally abusive to me for asking twice (to his staff)to talk to him before he saw my daughter and when he did consent to see me told me I was abusive to his staff and refused to hear what I had to say concerning my daughter.I would NEVER see this doctor. While I believe him to be an excellent physician in many ways, I would go to someone with less skill in diagnosis EVERY TIME before seeing this man. This, of course, is based on one visit and just my experience. While others seemed to have a good experience with this man, I am merely stating mine.