Dr. Curtis Williams MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Oklahoma City, OK

3.3

September 4th, 2016
So Far, So Good
This was the first visit and Dr. Williams was very nice and spent time listening to me and asking questions concerning my health. Will know more after a couple more visits.

July 20th, 2016
Dr. Williams treats you like lower class if you are not white and privledged. He had many smart remarks when I visited with him but very few answers. I do not see how the hospital lets this go on.

January 14th, 2014
Note the two 4 star ratings were the same week of 2010, one of his good weeks. Confrontation with patients accompanied with little smart remarks are not the reason for a doctor visit. My doctor was the senior at the group and retired, I received Williams when my previous one had to leave when I had a scheduled appt. In the beginning approx. ten yrs. ago, he was polite but the last two yrs. he has changed. Displays a 'little man syndrome' and no one wants to argue with a doctor you have used for years. The comments concerning his nurse is right on and requires speaking firm with her and not allowing her degrading nature toward you. I referred people to him in the beginning that was a mistake, he loves gossip. Noticed he needs to be red-lined for writing pain pill scripts to people who had surgeries in other hospitals and have been refused refills for several years by their surgeons. He has changed drastically, I too am leaving the Med Plaza. The use of computers is a requirement due to the inner circle, not his fault. The group books 6-8 patients per hour, therefore, there is a wait. I am still waiting on the labs report on the last blood tests over a month ago. They just are not taking care of business and patients receive the blunt of their actions.

May 8th, 2013
Doctor Not My Job
Be prepared to wait, once you're inside the examination room. Don't be surprised if three or more pharmacy reps show up causing a long wait even longer. Plan on about two hours for your doctor visit. He is one of those so busy writing on his computer that he's very distracted, so distracted he apparently hears very little of what you have to tell him. Worse, he's "Doctor Not My Job", deciding any doctoring the nurse can't do should be handled by a specialist. He's good at listening to your heart and lungs, however. His nurse has a different mood for patients from day to day. Once she acted friendly.

February 15th, 2013
Had higher expectations
I was initially very excited to see Dr. Williams. He came recommended by a specialist that I have gone to for years, and who I have much respect for. I have several medical problems and would like to find someone who can actually care enough to address them. I have never been so poorly treated by a doctor. He does not listen, pay attention, or give you time to talk, since he is so busy typing in the computer. And as a result, he did not get half of what I was saying correct, but it is what it is. Due to my insurance, I cannot change at this time, but when I can, I will find someone else. I have no doubt he is intelligent, but he has absolutely no people skills whatsoever. I am happy for those of you who he has helped, but with me, I guess there is something about me that just rubs him the wrong way. As for his nurses, so far I have not had any problems with them. They are a little slow getting information to you but I imagine they have more on their plate than they can handle with the doctor and the patients. I am curious to know what they think of working for him...

August 19th, 2011
Great ability, great with insurance issues, very focused and very smart!
Has been the best doctor I have had and I am 57 years old. He spend the time and asks lots of questions and finds the solutions. The icing on the cake is his ability to dot the i's and cross the t's with insurance companies.See this doctor he will help!

November 3rd, 2010
DO NOT use this doctor
No bedside manner at all. When at dr's office he says he will call you (or have his staff call you) to set up a visit with a specialist, physical therapy or whatever the case may be. You will NEVER hear back from them! They drop the ball every time and you have to call and remind them to do their job!

July 22nd, 2010
I believe Dr. Williams to be an excellent physician. He took my medical concern seriously and diligently pursued a diagnosis. When I was hospitalized three years ago, he persistently supervised my care and I think largely deserves credit for the fact that I'm healthy today. I have found waiting times to be long at some appointments, but I think it's largely due to Dr. Williams performing rounds for hospital patients, which is not always within the doctor's control. I have always found him forth-coming with information and willing to take the time necessary to oversee my health. While I have never written a doctor review, I wrote this one because I find Dr. Williams to be an imminently qualified doctor and I did not feel the reviews submitted fairly reflected the care one actually gets from Dr. Williams. I would never hesitate to recommend him to anyone asking for a primary care physician.

July 21st, 2010
A Very Competent Physician
When it comes to rating a physician, most patients don't have a real clue in rating those items that are important. In my experience with medical professionals over the years, I would have to rate this gentleman as an extremely good care-giver, a highly competent physician, and should be given one of the highest ratings available.

July 15th, 2009
Staff worse than doctor
Dr. Williams' nurse is rude and dismissive of my concerns. It often takes her three to four days of repeated messages to get a return phone call. For example, I recently had lab work done, was contacted on a Friday by the nurse and told to report the following Monday for an ultrasound to check my liver. I am still waiting for a return phone call to find out the results of the test. This nurse once snapped "You're not listening!" when I asked a question. I like Dr. Williams but his nurse should be fired.

October 24th, 2008
No Insurance-No Medical Care--No Exceptions!
I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Williams and the first thing I was asked was what insurance group I was with. When I said, none, I was told he doesn't take any patients who don't have insurance.I offered to PRE-PAY for my visit and was told NO!NO INSURANCE - NO MEDICAL CARE -- NO EXCEPTIONS!What does that say about the care you will receive from a doctor who only cares about MONEY!!!