Dr. Cylburn Soden Sr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cylburn Soden Sr?

July 29th, 2016

He was constantly typing into a laptop instead of engaging me, the patient. His office called asking me to pay more money, although I have employer-provided insurance and had paid my copay. Awful office hours--closed for lunch. NOT PAYMENT FOCUSED!

November 16th, 2013

I'm totally pleased with Dr. Soden

OK - I'm going to disagree with most of you. I've been going to Dr. Soden for a number of years. First time was for a suspicious spot on my back, which he removed. I go back once a year for check-ups, and this year I had to have two more "things" removed from my legs. I have always found him to be old-style gentlemanly, polite and willing to listen to my qualms. The staff has been nice, humorous, and friendly - though harried like all doctor's offices. The only thing I will give you - is yes, frequently the waits are long (though not always), and this is an experience I've had in plenty of other doctor's offices. But I especially need to comment about my last visit - which I was late for by an hour and a half! Completely nuts on my part, getting the hours mixed up. He'd seen his last patient for the day and they were closed. (Well, staff was still there to do whatever they do after patients are gone). He came out and asked what happened. When I explained my incompetence - he said well - go have some lunch, come back in 40 minutes, and we will do the procedure then. He wound up staying 2 hours extra to do the surgery, during which time he was pleasant, conversational, and seemed to have good rapport with his assistant nurse. I don't know of any other doctor that would do this!

April 2nd, 2013

Great

Great service, took great care of my condition.

March 28th, 2013

Recommended

Dr. Soden was recommended by a cousin for whom he (Soden, Sr.) resolved a very difficult issue. I came in after my current dermatologist could not res ...

March 9th, 2013

Care

Very pleased with my service and care. I will return!!!

February 20th, 2013

Good

This is the best my face has been in 20 years+, and I really feel good about the comments I get from my family and friends everywhere I go. And I than ...

October 4th, 2012

Superb

I waited a year with pains and sores on my hands and after seeing Dr. Soden, Jr. I was diagnosed with Psoriasis and within 1 week, I am a new person. ...

July 25th, 2012

Superb

I feel like I had the best treatment. Very thorough. Very thoughtful.

November 2nd, 2011

Anonymous

I have only been seeing Dr. Soden for a few months, but my Grandmother has been a patient for at least 15 years. He is always very pleasant and very helpful. In addition to my dermatological appointments, I have also received laser treatments from his office. I am very pleased overall.

February 26th, 2010

This man is a Fraud. He needs his license revoked.

I just reported him to BBB and filed a thorough complaint against him. I encourage anyone else to do the same. Apparently he is a notorious name here. Not only did he disregard anything I had to say, this man gave me false and misleading information regarding his pre-diagnoses on my skin condition. He insinuated that I had an STD, "herpes", that I may have "contracted from previous partners."In fact it was shingles, otherwise known as "herpes zoster", the scientific term for the chicken pox. I was having a re-emergence of my chicken pox virus--which he FALSELY informed me was probably contracted from sexual partners from the past. WHAT?Neither herpes zoster nor herpes simplex 1--which he was convinced it was--are STD's. They are not to ever be confused for genital herpes, the STD.This creaton then proceeds to take photos of my rash [no release form, just asked "if it would be alright?" I said sure, thinking of course I would get a copy of these pictures.I then asked him for the photographs. He said to have my doctor call him for it.My doctor called in for the pictures along with the notes. He never returned their phone calls.Then, when my doctor's office informed me that they still had not received anything, I went myself to the clinic to retrieve the ohotographs, which he told his nurses he would have ready for me to pick up by COB.When I finally hunted him down in front of the secretary--with no help from the secretary who told me she would have him talk to me and then said nothing as he walked past-- he told me that the photos were on his camera and that he does not print them. I told them to then send them electronically. He said to me that he'l do it when he uploads all of his pictures off of his camera, essentially "when he gets to it, he will."I then asked him of my blood test results, which LabCorps informed me had already been sent to him the day prior --and the secretary informed me that they would only call if it was "bad news". Well, upon asking Cylburn, he tells me that they were indeed shingles, or the zoster virus--the one we all knew it was. Now, correct me if I am wrong but that is not good news either. By medical ethic, I should have received a call as soon as they have a confirmation of infection on a blood test.Now not only did he supply me with misleading and inaccurate information, but he is literally withholding the pictures of my own skin. I definitely filed that complaint at BBB and referred them to this website of customer reviews. He is inexplicably horrendous. And he won't get off his laptop--barely even looked up at me as he walked into the appointment, and asked me "Why are you here?"

July 18th, 2016