Ophthalmologists, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
2021 Santa Monica Blvd
Ste 700E
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-829-9060
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

• Currently 3.3870967741935 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I trust Dr. Boxrud completley!  |  show details
by Andrea Gressinger on Sep 23rd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Boxrud for the past 6 years and I could not be happier with her and her staff. She's extremely knowledgeable and a true artist when it comes to the work she does. I have had dozens of treatments and one surgery and they have all exceeded my expectations. Dr. Boxrud is a lovely person with a great staff and beautiful office. I continue to recommend her on a regular basis and my friends love her as well.

|  Top notch!  |  show details
by James Bolton on Aug 22nd, 2013

From the moment I called in, to actually get my evaluation done for candidacy, I found them to be top notch.  They have state of the art equipment, and all equipment is on site.  That was a fantastic bonus.  Everyone in the company was very happy and eager to help me, as was the receptionist as well.  Dr. Boxrud was professional and demonstrated extreme competence in his field.  I am planning to have my surgery done next month.

|  My face looks amazing!!!  |  show details
by Alex Trino on Aug 8th, 2013

Saw the doc again yesterday for my followup. After a few weeks of healing, my face looks amazing! I must say this doctor, and her team have been excellent. This is my first procedure, and I haven't a doubt in my mind that if I ever needed anything else 'done' I'd be going back to the same doctor. They take a subtle approach to their work, so don't expect massive differences, just natural tweaks and 'updates'. This, for me epitomizes how surgery should be approached. A series of subtle updates over time.

|  I feel like I'm in good hands :)  |  show details
by Julia Campbell on Aug 7th, 2013

I had my first visit here with Dr. Boxrud a couple days ago. I called well over a month ago thinking it was going to take awhile to get an appointment. When I called they offered me an appointment just a week later. I had to wait because I was having my thyroid removed that week and doubted I would be up for anything let alone an appointment with an ophthalmologist.

My visit was quick and organized. When I walked in I was greeted right away and given instructions on how to register my insurance information.  I was called in from the waiting room right away and for an 8am appointment I was out of there by 8:30am. Which is nice since I do have to get to work.
 Glad this is where I chose to go! Dr. Boxrud explained everything to me and made sure I understood how I would be cared for in the future. I feel like I'm in good hands.

|  happily referred  |  show details
by Sydney Vogal on Jul 30th, 2013

my optometrist initially referred me to Dr. Boxrud for my surgery, so I was pretty open to at least having a consultation. i read a lot of the reviews before going in, and i basically felt so at ease with the staff and Dr. Boxrud, that i pretty much signed on right after the consultation. the whole staff here is very kind, patient, and comforting. the procedure was so quick, i had a hard time believing it was over.  Dr. Boxrud has performed thousands of these procedures, so you can trust her expertise.  highly recommended!

|  Better than the rest!  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

I had a great experience with Dr. Boxrud. And i have at least five friends who have had the procedure with her and another two or three who plan to. While i think a number of other doctors would have performed the procedure with great results also, i think the difference with Dr. Boxrud was the level of comfort that she provided going into the procedure. I also appreciated that Dr. Boxrud and her staff did not pressure me into making an appointment for the surgery after the consultation, but let me take my time in making my decision. And Dr. Boxrud's follow-up, including her personal call to me on the evening of the surgery, made a great difference.

|  Happy With the End Result  |  show details
by Daniel Polzin on Jul 18th, 2013

Had the luck of having a friend of mine recommend Dr. Boxrud to me to get some work done, and now I'm returning for the follow up second surgery. Very satisfied with results. Dr. is really nice, explains every step and actively encourages questions.

|  I see ME again!  |  show details
by Michelle Mounsey on Jul 6th, 2013

My upper lids had gotten so droopy & the extra skin was really bothering me. I'd look in the mirror & think these aren't my eyes. The little lift I would get from doing botox was just not enough anymore...it was time. My biggest concern with having surgery was the fear of looking done and we went over my concerns and what outcome I was looking for during the consultation. The surgery itself is only an hour & the eyelids heal so quickly I was really amazed. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with the results, it's exactly what I hoped for and more! Getting the natural look is definitely a skill that Dr. Boxrud has perfected! Nobody would ever know that I had eyelid surgery, unless I told them. My tired eyes are gone and now I have a fresh completely natural beautiful look. I'm so thankful to Dr. Boxrud for giving me my eyes back as now when I look in the mirror, I see ME again!

|  NOT A GOOD SURGEON  |  show details
by Ari on Jun 28th, 2013

Had surgery and ended up with a poor result. Some parts are overdone and some still look baggy. The office is not well run and the doctor seems very inattentive. Would not go back for another surgery to fix my appearance. My family and friends say I look odd. Always had to wait a long time in the office.

|  Amazing Doctor!!!  |  show details
by Janelle Campos on Jun 26th, 2013

Dr. Cynthia Boxrud is an amazing meticulous artist!!! Go to her! I recommend her to all my friends and anyone who asks. I had considered surgery for several years before contacting Dr. Boxrud's office, and of course, had many reservations. I am so happy with the results and can't thank Dr. Boxrud and her team enough for all the support and care they have given me. I'm 5 days post op and back at work. :-)

|  The Entire Experience Was Great  |  show details
by Jamie Gray on Jun 20th, 2013

Dr. Boxrud performed eyelid reconstruction on me and the entire experience was great. I am absolutely delighted with the results. Due to prior surgeries on my eye, I needed a surgeon who was skilled and up to date with the latest technology. Dr. Boxrud is that surgeon. Her and her staff were efficient and kind and I strongly recommend that anyone considering eyelid surgery or other eye surgery make an appointment with her.

|  You won't find better care anywhere else!  |  show details
by Darcy W. on Jun 13th, 2013

Dr Boxrud and the other staff are very knowledgable, friendly, informative, and timely. I have never had to wait in the waiting room longer than 5 to 10 minutes. They have qualified people who really take care of you and everyone remembers your name :)

|  Nothing Went Right  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I had a very poor result. Should not have waited more than an hour for the first consult. The office is not well run. My eyelids are very overdone. I had to have them redone by another doctor in West Los Angeles.

|  lost her assistant  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Boxrud by my internist and she has been my opthamologist for over a year now. I just learned that she lost her assistant Eve which makes me sad as she was very attentive and thorough. They havent replaced her yet but I hope they find someone of the same caliber. I believe Dr. Boxrud is a great phycisian but she seems aloof and distracted the times I have seen her. Her assistant complimented her well in that she would further explain things once the doctor left the exam room and once she even called to check in on me.

|  You will absolutely love Dr. Cynthia Boxrud!  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

I could not recommend a more knowledgeable, intelligent, kind & caring individual. From the moment I met her, I knew she was the Dr. for me. She performed my upper eyelid contouring procedure & I have never been happier! I was at work 5 days after surgery, never even took so much as a Tylenol & I am so incredibly happy with the results. It's hard to trust someone with your eyes. From the moment you meet her, you'll know she's the one! Christina

|  had injectables  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

went to another person......doctor fixed a big problem with my eyes....kind and warm and educated me ....took alot of time and followed up....did not charge me

Feb 13th, 2012

Great doctor, very caring. Great staff!

|  UNATTENTIVE AND LET DOWN  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

The office just remodeled as I was told by 3 different staff members, not sure that info is pertinent in my diagnosis. Her assistant brought me in right away and was very sweet. After being worked up I waited almost 25 mins to see Dr. Boxrud. During that time I heard her making phone calls planning what sounded like a vacation. Then she went on to discuss insurance, all the while with patients waiting. She seemed mediocre at best; I actually felt the assistant was more thorough and attentive. Overall not terrible but not great either.

|  A Gifted Surgeon  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2011

Dr. Cynthia Boxrud is an amazing surgeon who truly has a gift. She is definitely a sculptress who has a clear vision on how to enhance ones own natural beauty. She did my upper & lower lids 7 years ago. I was so pleased with the results. For the first time in my life I had a filler injected.She not only filled in the lines around mouth, but once again, she sculpted my face and injected the filler along my jawline and other areas of my face. The results were wonderful. It looked like I had a face lift! So you see she does have insight. Dr. Boxrud is a genuine soul who is honest and compassionate. Dr. Boxrud's staff is a unit of professional teamwork. The energy and comfort level is the best I have ever felt in any doctor's office. I do recommend Dr. Boxrud to anybody who would need her services.

|  great staff, bad doctor  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2011

I went to see this Dr. Boxrud because my motion picture internist recommended her. First of all she was sick and said so to my face. Why would u see patients if you're sniffling all over the place? I even saw her wipe her nose with her white coat - disgusting!! She also walked out of the exam room while I was mid-sentence. Was she delirious?The staff was very sweet; both Asian women in the front were extremely helpful and kind during my visit.

|  Superior Doctor and Surgeon  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Boxrud for 5 years for a variety of needs, both medical and plastic. She has operated on my eyes, face and neck. In addition, I receive laser treatments, silk peels and facial fillers. Certainly, I would not continue to go to her if I had not been thrilled with my outcomes. I can rely on her for both superior medical competence and artistry in plastic surgery.It astounds me that a reviewer has objected to her filler injections. I was so pleased with her filler injections ... with volume and placement, that I have signed up to have the more extensive fat injections! Most importantly, I was very pleased with my facelift. Dr. Boxrud had the skill to improve my appearance without making me look "fake" or "plastic" or "over-pulled". After seeing my results, my family and friends all congratulated me on finding the right surgeon ... a surgeon they now choose for themselves.Lastly, one can tell a lot about a doctor's values and skill and training by the staff he/she maintains. Br. B's staff is outstanding. Together, doctor and staff, create an intimate environment where you feel safe and trust that you are getting the very best care.Do not miss an opportunity to consult with Dr. Boxrud. Judge for yourself. She is so much in demand for a reason. I live in Los Angeles and have lots of surgeons to choose from .... I continue to choose Dr. B for good reason.

Aug 22nd, 2011

I have gone to Dr. Boxrud for many years and love her. She is so engaging and is a great diagnostician. She's a great eye doctor and great with fillers. I would't go to anyone else.

|  She and her office are the best I have ever had.  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

I have been to three other docs who could not get the undereye area done and she did it slowly carefully and with skill. She is absolutely worth the money and has the experience and skill set. She also just gave the honorary Axelrod lecture at UCLA on stem cells.

Jul 11th, 2011

She's not very good with fillers and she charged $200 more per vial than someone else i found in Brentwood. I don't think she's done many fillers frankly. She didn't "sculpt" after she injected some of the shots. The Brentwood guy would shoot and then on certain ones, massage the area to get the results. He made me look great for less money. She's sweet but don't waste your money.

|  Bad results  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

I was extremely unhappy with the results of my surgery. I paid for a lower blesphamy and I still have the wrinkles I had before. My friends cant believe how bad the results were.

|  Best eyelid surgeon in Los Angeles  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

Had eyelid surgery and stem cells with facial fat. Never did she not answer calls immediately. Most responsive staff ever and there is always water and apples for everyone. I love her staff, Eve is great and they are considerate and will always fit me in last minute if I need something. She is an expert in injections under the eyes.

|  Lousy Surgeon  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Did not do as agreed upon pre-op. Results were marginal and had to consult second surgeon about reconstruction. She failed to return my phone calls until my husband threatened legal action.

Apr 1st, 2010

Loved the Santa Monica Office. Very Professional. Really liked Hallie t

|  Just stopping in to say HELLO  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2009

Hello Dr.BoxrudHope all is good in your world.Hoping you will remember Gloria and John Holst..Me for the laser and John from MINN!..lol as he loved to speak to you about his country!It has been 15 yrs.since the Laser and to this day Doctor Boxrud,I am still told how good my face looks and for sure I had no problem telling them it was a LASER done by you.Thank You and do you still offer "FREE"consultation?I told John,one of these days I want to go see you and see what maybe is the answer for my later years..Take care...GLORIA and JOHN HOLST