A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cynthia Chiu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cynthia Chiu, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Marfan Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Chiu graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Chiu has 2 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chiu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Cynthia S. Chiu practice?
Dr. Cynthia Chiu practices Ophthalmology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See San Francisco Ophthalmologists.