Dr. Cynthia Comella Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia Comella?

Never Again/Irresponsible

Posted on September 16th, 2017

Dr. Comella is in Chicago, and my fiancée lives in PA. I brought him to her because he needed a better treatment plan for his restless leg syndrome. I am a patient at Rush myself and have always had superior treatment, but Dr. Comella's treatment of him was the worst I have ever seen. She prescribed him a drug that she said would require a special "exception" letter from the insurance company, meaning that the insurer would initially reject the claim, but then approve the claim when the letter was received. Long story short, the appointment with Dr. Comella was during the last week in July. After several phone calls by us and by the pharmacy throughout August to Comella's office, and getting various "reasons" as to why this hadn't yet been handled, I finally turned to Rush Patient Relations. I had to call them FIVE times to get Dr. Comella to send the letter -- finally getting the job accomplished the second week in SEPTEMBER! Nearly seven weeks of waiting for her to complete the task! Unacceptable and unprofessional behavior from a physician, and yes, the buck stops with her, even if her office staff neglected to tell her she needed to follow through with a patient. We are still stunned by the lack of followup. I could not recommend her to anyone. She is too busy to have patients.

Not good

Posted on August 3rd, 2016

Not sure if this doctor is burnt out (having been a neurologist for 35 years) but there was no patient care. The wait time to see Dr. Comella is 6 months and when I finally was in to see her, I felt as though I was on a time limit. I as rushed and didn't feel like she was really listening to me. She seemed more concerned about watching the clock and making sure her next patient appointment was one time. Not only do I see her for Parkinson's but I also have a Cardiologist who I see for A-fib. You think she would want to reach out to my Cardiologist before prescribing me with drugs that, down the line, I found out are counter reacting with my heart medication. There is no communication between doctors. I will be changing doctors immediately.

Amazing doctor!!

Posted on November 19th, 2013

Thank you doesn’t come close to describing my gratitude for all she has done for me. Not only are you an outstanding doctor, but you are a wonderful person

Waited 5 months for appointment

Posted on July 13th, 2012

Dr Comella was indeed a very good doctor, but getting to see her was a nightmare. On another front, she was very conservative with a condition I had and I eventually had to find a doctor who was willing to take a few more risks.

Posted on April 27th, 2010

Dr. Comella is from the minute you meet her a complete joy she immediately made me feel I had a partner to help me survivemy parkinsons she did not say walk and i'll watch she took my arm and walked WITH me...I knew I was with an angel.

Doctor Comella is known nationally for her excellence in Parkinson's Disease.

Posted on April 19th, 2009

Exceptional care and attention

Posted on December 16th, 2008

Sometimes the doctors at big medical centers , because of the large number of patients they see, are outstanding clinicians and researchers, but can lack in human side of patient care. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH DR. COMELLA. She knows her patients and will talk with you as long as you need. She managed my PD for the first 9 years until I moved. Always a smile, yet she is also brutally honest and will not rosy the picture. Also she doesnt respond to every complaint with a new pill, but will suggest other ways to address constipation or sleep problems, for example. love her!!

Posted on March 27th, 2008

Hard to get in to but worth the wait.Listens and willing to try different treatments. Gave us hope.

Posted on May 21st, 2017