Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Cookingham
Dr. Cynthia Cookingham, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clarkston, MI. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology, Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology, Clinical Pathology and Cytopathology. Dr. Cookingham is affiliated with West Branch Regional Medical Center, St Joseph Mercy / Oakland and Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Cookingham has the following 5 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our...
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases....
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists...
Dr. Cynthia Cookingham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clarkston, MI.
Dr. Michael Stachecki
Internal Medicine, Pediatrics
Clarkston, MI 0.01 mi26
Dr. Duane Harrison
Allergy and Immunology, Pediatrics
Clarkston, MI 0.01 mi40
Dr. Lee Baylis
Allergy and Immunology, Internal Medicine
Clarkston, MI 0.06 mi24