Dr. Cynthia Forsthoff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

December 10th, 2015
Quick and cold
I read the reviews when I found out I was referred to her. I was hoping the reviews weren't true, but they were. I feel like I'm a bother to her. There's hardly any smiles, my time is always quick and impersonal with her.

June 14th, 2011
Verbal prognosis didn't match written report
Dr. Forsthoff reviewed my pathology report from my breast lumpectomy and concluded that I did not require radiation treatments, nor the hormone drug (dont remember name of it), then said "I consider you cured." I asked when should I have my first post op mammogram, and she said in six months. I asked if she will be the one to order it when the time comes, or should my primary doctor order it? She said my primary doctor should order it. I then asked if her if she will be writing a report and sending it to my primary doctor with that info, and she said yes. Six months later I went to my primary doctor to ask for an order to get my six month mammogram, so then he read the report from Dr Forsthoff but it didn't mention anything whatsoever about a mammogram; instead it said that I should come back in six months to see her to discuss the possibility of starting the hormone drug! That's not what she said during my first visit with her. I had to call her nurse three times to bring the discrepancy to the attention of Dr Forsthoff so that I could get her fax an order for a mammogram to my primary doctor so that I could get a check up mammogragm. I had to reiterate rather strongly that she had pronounced me "cured" yet the written report made no mention of it! Scary discrepancy! Finally got my follow up mammo and then a report was faxed over to Dr Forsthoff. I went to the exam room, then she read the new report an did an exam, and that part was fine, but as soon as she was finished she walked out of the room and I didn't even get to ask her any questions. I don't even know if I'm supposed to do the same thing in another six months.

January 31st, 2011
Spend very little time and did not follow protocol even though it was given in writing.

July 23rd, 2010
Terrible bedside manner - cold as ice, leaves you feeling as if she could care less.