Dr. Cynthia Funckes MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2017
This place is horrible. Dr. Funckes' compassion, bedside manner, & professionalism was a joke. No matter what time of day I was there for my appt I'd always have to plan on waiting at least 2 hrs or more. When finally seen, appts were always rushed & done in less than 5 minutes. Or I'd arrive to an appt & I'd get "I dunno why they scheduled you for that, she's at a meeting, you're not scheduled" etc etc. I arrived to an appt one day & the desk girl said "I think she's heading out for the day, has a meeting I guess, there she is leaving now" & lo & behold, Dr's sneaking out a back door behind my back & takes off... She actually "forgot" me twice, I sat in the exam room for over an hour, the nurse freaked & told her, she came in & simply said she "forgot" she had a patient! 2nd time I was waiting for over 2 hours in an exam room (not including waiting room time) kept being told by the nurse she'd be right in, come to find out she AGAIN "forgot" she had a patient! She stood in the doorway, door open, not looking up from the laptop, Asked if I had any questions, I said I did, cut me off asked if meds were the same, I said yes, she said "ok see you in 2 weeks" & left! Is she going to "forget" to deliver babies too? Every appt. is rushed, seriously less than 5 min, she'd never look up from the laptop, practically be out the door while you're still talking, & if there were any questions/concerns it'd be shrugged off with a "yeah yeah that" response, I got no info on anything (honestly had no idea until my new Dr's ultrasound at 28 wks that I was having a healthy baby) I have anxiety/depression & tried to tell her my concern one appt about being depressed & having 3 panic attacks a week prior to an appt, she cut me off, told me to deal with it, get over it & I'll manage. You cannot simply tell a person with depression/anxiety to "get over it" I'm not suicidal but suppose I was? She just acted like it was no big deal. I was having trouble with my sciatic nerve & had questions about it, she could've cared less, gave me the "uh huh that's being pregnant" mumble... what's pathetic was the same day I went to an appt with my mom & HER oncologist gave me more advice & stretches than my own! I was finally able to leave there at 25 wks pg. Found an amazing new Dr/midwife team who have compassion, answers questions, makes time for you & all of your concerns! It's nice to have a Dr get excited right along with you over your baby & not treat you & other women like a revolving door of pregnant ladies with a get em' in get em' out attitude. My main problem now is the Harmony office are being spiteful, petty, jerks & are not wanting to send my records to my new Dr! I went to Harmony did the release paper work a week before my new Dr appt (I was 24 wks then) the desk staff was friendly to me until the girl took the paper, I was asked in a snitty tone "oh, you want it sent THERE?" I said yes, I got a sigh, & a rude "it'll be sent" reply, as I was leaving I could hear her & another girl whispering. I've even filled out additional forms at every new Dr's visit because Harmony will not send them. Now I am currently 33wks pg & they STILL refuse to send my records to my new Dr!!! Apparently this is common with Harmony & I'm not the only one who is having trouble getting their records sent to this particular Dr's office, not because Harmony is busy, it is because they've lost MANY patients to my new Dr. & they don't like it & drag their feet or just refuse... I pray no woman is having a complicated pregnancy & their records were needed asap because with Harmony being so spiteful it really goes to show how much of a "caring" practice they are, being that they are willing to chance putting a mother & baby at risk with their petty games. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!! I'd give a zero rating if I could! It was a horrible experience. I wish I had found my new Dr. much earlier!

April 18th, 2017
I am very happy , she is caring and thorough, she answers all my questions, I still see her. Even when she moved to tucson.

April 2nd, 2016
Unprofessional, Rude, Incompetent
Nightmare experience! She would spend maximum 5 minutes during visits. During the interview, she will NOT DISCUSS anything. You can barely ask any que ...

November 18th, 2015
Unbelievable! I miscarried my third child and she did the d&c. At my follow up appointment which was a week later, she enters the room and asks "so how is the baby? " I said what baby? She says "I delivered your baby in Nov 9th how is the baby?" I told her, which I shouldn't have had to, that I lost the baby. She confused me with another patient but still was a monumental mistake at such a sensitive time in my life.

August 9th, 2011
Would not recommend Tucson office..
I would not recommend visiting Dr. Funckes' Tucson office. It was easy to get an appointment but once I decided it would be best to deliver at another hospital, her office staff became very abrupt and rude. Her receptionist would not send on lab records because she "had a lot of other important things" and was very rude to me.

May 29th, 2017