Dr. Cynthia Hingtgen MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Grand Rapids, MI

3.0

June 4th, 2016
MRS.
SMOOTH TRANSITION FROM MY FL NEUROLOGIST.

January 21st, 2016
After seeing this so called Neurologist, I found her to be very condescending, not knowledgeable about NF and the effects it can cause on a person with three brain tumors. Spends maximum time of 10 minutes with us. Blows off questions and seems to have little interest in her patients. Will never see again

December 16th, 2015
Love Dr. Cindy. Down to earth, smart as a whip, takes as much time as I needed, is informed about new treatments.

August 25th, 2015
I am having weakness to the point that I drop things and cannot write well. This is the first time I have seen Dr Hingtgen, or been in the office for these symptoms. Dr Hingtgen still spent only a few minutes across the room from me and never did a physical exam. No physical exam for a neurological symptom such as weakness. Huh. How did she document our visit? While seated pt appeared weak? It doesn't seem like good practice.

April 8th, 2015
Excellent doctor

March 24th, 2015
Extremely unprofessional

March 2nd, 2015
Awful visit and big waste of time....
Where to start? She is rude and didn't give me even a minute to explain something without interrupting. My appointment was scheduled for 40 minutes. I was out within 10. I already have called my primary asking for a 2nd opinion. Everything she was saying was far from what I have heard from any doctor or med review. What a BIG waste of time. I have never felt so ignored and not listened to by a doctor before in my life. PLEASE don't see her.

November 18th, 2014
This was not a good appointment. Rude and Judgmental. Basically ran the appointment and that was the end of that. I would not recommend her.

June 9th, 2014
She is rude, told me suck it up on my headaches, she puts on a show for the residents that shadow her, 10 thumps down.

April 11th, 2014
Would Not Recommend
She bases her diagnoses and observations. Not tests. She also is very judgmental. She also wrote up a diagnoses without any proof and now my insurance company won't cover or allow for accurate testing. Very poor doctor.

December 13th, 2013
Observation instead of an actual examination
She did call me and tell me that her physical examination and statements were based on OBSERVATION not actual examination. She wrote "There is normal range of motion in the neck" and "There is no point tenderness over the spine". When I spoke with one of the nurses she stated "That is the wording she and other doctors use". There is no way that either of those statements can be taken as fact when it is only a mere observation and should be stated as such. A more accurate wording would be "It APPEARS" instead of misrepresenting the fact that she did no actual measurement of either my neck or back and she did not even once touch my body. She did no muscle testing yet claims that my sternocleimastoid and trapezius muscles were 5/5 in strength which is not true nor did she test their strength. She said there were no rashes,I have a rash on my neck. I have light sensitivity and she stated to the contrary. Statement by radiologist report shows sensitivity in T1/T2 contradicting her report.