Pediatricians

Childrens Health Associates II LLC Virtua Health Voorhees In
101 Carnie Blvd
Voorhees, NJ 08043
856-325-3000
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

|  My 9 year old son needed stitches for the first time! The outcome was horrific!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

On February 23, 2011 my 9 year old son ran into a glass door and cut his wrist. We were in Westville at the time and thought we were doing right by our son when we brought him all the way to Virtua Hospital in Voorhees thinking he would get better care there. Had the cut been bleeding profusely we would have went to the nearest emergency room. Everyone that we came in contact with for the most part was very helpful and profession and caring. Until the Doctor herself, Dr. Cynthia Masso, came into the room. She was extremely impatient with my son who has OCD and anxiety, which spiked with the situation because he was anticipating getting stitches for the first time. At that time he hadn't gotten upset or cried yet but was very nervous and his anxiety level was building. When the doctor came in he was more nervous and was asking her many questions to the point where I couldn't get a word in at all. The doctor's responses to my son's questions were not kid friendly at all. After a few minutes she we could tell that she was getting frustrated with all of the questions and I was trying to get my son's attention so I could calm him down when she continued to talk to him as if he was the adult making all of the decisions. She then proceeded to hide a needle behind her back and her and the nurse held my son down and was about to inject him with a numbing agent. The needle was spotted by my son but not my husband and I. When my son was struggling to get away the doctor looked at my husband and asked him to hold him down.This all happened very quickly and we were confused as to why our son was being held down at all considering she had not gotton permission to proceed with giving my child any kind of injection. At this point, all of the conversating that had gone on was between her and my 9 year instead of my husband and I. I was furious! She may have made I contact with me maybe once. When my son began to get upset and cry as he was being held down I was trying to get his attention and the doctor continued to talk over me to my son. Only I know how to calm my child down and she didn't even give me a chance. At that point the doctor was talking over us, my son was hysterical, my husband was talking over the doctor trying to say god knows what because it was chaos. So I had to yell "Everybody shut up!" in order for it to stop. It was madness! Well the doctor didn't like that too much and threw down everything she had in her hands and with the cockiest attitude said "I'll be back later" and walked away. At that point I was shaking, my son was having a complete anxiety attack to where he couldn't breath, and my husband was trying to be the calm one considering I was 8 months pregnant at the time and I was about to lose my cool. Needless to say, after trying to calm my son down without success because things had escalated to his breaking point, we packed up and left. I did however let the nurse know that we wanted to leave and she said we could just go. Of course we could just go! If they discharged him properly than that means that they are responsible for anything that happens with his cut arm. That doctor should've been responsible no matter what in my opinion. But instead of going nuts at 8 months pregnant I had to place a complaint with the hospital the next morning after having to drive to another hospital where my son got wonderful care. My son will never forget his very first hospital experience thanks to this doctor and neither will I. Nor will I forgive her for what she had put us through that night. As if watching my child run through a glass door and cut his arm wasn't enough drama. I do not recommend anyone taking their child to this woman, EVER! Her bed side manner wasn't evern appropriate for an adult let alone a CHILD!