Dr. Cynthia Mullen MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Walnut Creek, CA

October 9th, 2014
Very professional and pleasant doctor
She is a very professional and very nice doctor who made us feel very at ease with the procedures that my teen daughter had to undergo. She explained symptoms and diagnosis very clearly and followed up with a phone call to our surprise. My daughter had both a colonoscopy and endoscopy performed, which my daughter was not nervous about at all since the Dr. made her feel very comfortable. She liked her bedside manners and humor too. I would highly recommend her and sad to see her go out of state.

May 28th, 2013
DO NOT SEE THIS DR.
Ms. Mullen should not be a doctor. She recklessly uses PPIs when the person doesn't have a problem. PPIs caused Gallbladder failure in 11 weeks, pancreatitis, and severe intestinal inflammation. Been battling GI issues for almost 3 years. Now, infections and severe depletions and key vitamins and minerals I am dealing with. High 80 mg dose of PPIs in just 11 weeks, messed up my acid control system. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. She will play Russian Roulette with your life. Remember your GUT is 70-80 percent of your immune system. You NEED ACID you live and eat and break down your food into vitamins and minerals. PPIs cause severe pain, nausea, and other serious issues.
Doctor's Response

I would like to reply to your posting, though it is difficult to really do this well. Unfortunately, comments are made anonymously. I, therefore, cannot really know who you are, what your circumstances are, or if I have ever even been your doctor. What I can say is that I work very hard to do more than just treat medical problems. I spend a lot of time educating and empowering people as well. Fortunately for the millions of Americans who take these kinds of medications, the statistics that you post here are not accurate. However, I encourage you to follow up with your doctor. Take care, and be well.

March 31st, 2011
VP & Chief Compliance Officer
This is the best GI doctor and I would know as I have unfortunately been to a few with my stomache issues. Dr. Mullins is polite, engaging and very nurturing on top of being a brilliant physician. She has my full trust and respect.

February 2nd, 2011
A great doctor
She is really nice, intelligent and professional. I feel very comfortable with her.

February 1st, 2011
A really nice and well educated physician
Very good bedside manner, and showed a lot of care and took time with me. Really nice personality in general, and I also liked her humerous side...not just all business, a REAL person that truly cares about her patients.

November 10th, 2010
Great job with my colonoscopy. Made the whole process as pleasant as possible. (It is still a colonoscopy after all.)One of the nicest doctors I've run into to boot.

August 19th, 2010
Dr. Mullen was very knowledgable, but more importantly she explained everything to me and made me feel very comfortable. I happened upon her by chance, but I'm so glad I did!

May 4th, 2010
Dewberry
She actually listens and isn't a pill/treatment pusher. I do not have to worry about being experimented on. The fact that she is from this country is also very refreshing.

August 3rd, 2009
ladyjane
she made me feel so comfortable. i felt like she was truly listening to me and helped me deal with a difficult issue wheras other doctors just blew me off. i was very impressed. sad to see that she is leaving internal medicine for gi on the mainland