Overall Review

3.1

May 15th, 2015
angry mother
This doctor was horrible. I was sent to her with my 4 year old daughter, my daughter sat on the floor in the back of the room While I was in a chair & Cynthia Rooney was behind her desk. Not once did she talk to my daughter or even get up from her desk to look at her. I told her about the symptoms that my daughter had which included shaking of body especially in her hands, how she didn't crawl or roll over. Never pulled herself up & didn't take her first steps till after two years old also the sleeping problems she was having each involved her waking up at least 15 times a night screaming. After all this she told me "people shake some more then others. Your daughter is fine." I ended up getting second opinion, which that doctor had us do an overnight study. That included hooking her up to a machine that had wires connected to her head. We also did an MRI. after one night injured in hospital they came to me and told me but she was having over 20 seizures in an 8 hour sleeping. They also informed me that she had a stroke. They were not sure when she had the stroke they said she could have had it during birth in utero or shortly after she has tremors throughout her body. This was after Cynthia Rooney dismissed my daughter and her symptoms. I would never go back to see her and I would never recommend her she should be ashamed to call herself a doctor.

August 28th, 2013
Yikes!
My girl had suffered progressively worsening headaches and arthritic symptoms for four years. We went to see Rooney and she basically gave her a field sobriety test and told me there was nothing wrong with her and that I needed to stop feeding into this behavior before I emotionally crippled my girl. My girl was clutching her blanket as she always has when hurt or sick,and Rooney told her to snap out of it. My girl asked me why the dr didn't belive she was really sick. I never went back.Went elsewhere and my daughter was diagnosed w Lymes disease!She was so rude to both of us..it was surreal!!!

November 16th, 2012
Physician burnout?
She spoke over us. Asked a question and did not allow us to answer. She used intimidating body language. This was our second unfortunate experience with her. It was so bad we got up and left in the midst. I will never return.

May 29th, 2012
Dr. Rooney is a great doctor. She took the time to answer all my questions and explained everything regarding my sons learning disability. I left the appt. for my son with reading material to further inform me as well as resources should I need another specialist.

July 13th, 2010
I visited Dr. Rooney for my 14 month old son. She was a very caring Doctor who knew what she was doing. My son just loved her. She was quite funny too and knew how to handle a crying child at a Doctor's office