Dr. Cynthia Santiago MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 26th, 2016
Excellent Physican and Staff
When my husband and I moved back to Long Island from North Carolina, we were looking for a PCP. Both my husband and I are very grateful that we found Dr. Santiago. She is the most compassionate PCP I have ever met. She truly cares about her patients and goes above and beyond for them. She is very direct which is great, because you know what is going on and she will get to the bottom of any problems you may have. She is very persistent in making sure that you follow up with your appointments. I would highly recommend Dr. Santiago to anyone!!!! As far as her staff is concerned, they are absolutely wonderful and very professional!!!

August 25th, 2016
Very good doctor. Expect for you do do your part in managing your health and advises you how to do that.

May 19th, 2016
Satan/ bi polar
one of the worst doctors to ever practice . Horrible bedside manners , will not fill prescriptions. And loves to criticize.

February 3rd, 2016
Not really accepting new
I tried to call and make an appointment for a check up since i just moved and needed a new Doctor but they told me they would only be able to give me an appointment 2 months away. You should not bother with this Doctor.

November 1st, 2015
Dr Santiago is by far one of the best doctors I have ever been too! She is straight-forward and thorough. She honestly cares about her patients and their life. The wait time at her office is not long at all (unless there is an emergency, which we all know happens in life). I will recommend her to any of my family and friends. She makes it comfortable havin to go to the doctor.

September 29th, 2015
Love
Love Dr. Santiago and the staff. I have never found the wait to be more than 5-10 minutes. I think Dr Santiago is very thorough and has a wonderful sense of humor as well as the nurse who works there. I don't understand the neg reviews, if you want a best friend, join a book club to find one. This is a doctor. Clean, small, beautiful office. Records always ready when asked for And calls returned. Recommended.

May 4th, 2015
You get there, you wait for a minimum 30 minutes before the NURSE calls you in and brings you to an examination room where you will spend even more time waiting for Dr. Santiago. She gets there, doesn't really look at you unless you ask a question which is when she gives you an "are you kidding me" sort of look. Impatient. Dismissive. Terrible bedside manner. Will try to prescribe you unnecessary medications. God forbid you have to have your own medical records released to another office. Her office will charge you 75 cents per PAGE. Which is ABSURD. Any other modern day office uses an encrypted database through which they can send medical records. Instead, this office still uses fax machines.

November 4th, 2014
terrible
My vitals were taken by the office nurse..then she turned around and told me she doest trust anyone...(i'm confused) This dr. does not practice being a primary care giver , and does the bare minimal . Instead she is stand offish, and has horrible table side manners. She is not professional by any means. Instead of treating the patient she interferes in other maters that are not her concern . She brought me to tears at my last examination because my blood pressure was high and then told me that she would hate to loose me as a patient.. ( I would hate to loose the great insurance payouts too) . She cause d a huge rift between by partner and I who was at the examination were we stopped talking to each other and are separating. Thanks Doc!

May 26th, 2014
Horrible doctor!
This is a horrible doctor with poor bedside manners. She appears to care more about charging for multiple tests and lab work (some that are unnecessary) than about giving her patients the slightest time and attention. If a patient asks her questions, she seems bothered and acts as if her valuable time has been wasted. Meanwhile, I have spent more time waiting for her than she has ever spent with me one on one. Her office is located in an area that has been under construction for what seems like eternity, and so there has always been traffic on my commute there. The staff can be courteous if they want to be, but most of the times they are indifferent or rude - just like the doctor. If you are looking for a caring doctor who would give you the time of day, don't go to this one.

January 3rd, 2012
Excellent
I must say that Dr. Santiago is great. I just started going to her and she shows a lot of care and concern on a patient. I haven't been to the doctors in about 2 years and she is making sure that I get all of my testing taken care of. The staff at the office is very nice as well. I will also have my husband go see her.

January 6th, 2011
Dave
Very professional but doesn't take any crap from anybody. She has a great bedside manner and is always a sympathetic listener. Staff was very accomodating when I was there,but the occasional rude patient with unreasonable demands is usually dealt with accordingly.

October 28th, 2010
Great Doctor.
DR. Santiago is an execellent doctor. She listens and she is very caring to her patients. She is pretty punctual never realy waited past 5 minutes at her office.