A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cynthia Shappell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Cynthia Shappell is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cynthia Shappell, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shappell graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Dr. Shappell has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Cynthia Maria Shappell MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Cynthia M. Shappell practice?
- Dr. Cynthia Shappell has 1 office location.
Dr. Cynthia Shappell practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near Springfield, VA.
See Springfield Psychiatrists.