A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cynthia Shappell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Cynthia Shappell is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shappell
Ragweed Allergy Patient Education Guide For information on how to diagnose and treat ragweed allergies, read Vitals' ragweed allergy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shappell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cynthia Shappell, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shappell graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Dr. Shappell has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Cynthia Maria Shappell MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Cynthia M. Shappell practice?
- Dr. Cynthia Shappell has 1 office location.
Dr. Cynthia Shappell practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near Springfield, VA.
See Springfield Psychiatrists.