Dr. Cynthia Shughrue Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia Shughrue?

CEO/Student

Posted on September 22nd, 2016

Dr. Cynthia L. Shughrue has been my family primary care physician for many years now. She has always provided us the absolute best care, advice and treatment during every visit and on every issue. Dr.Shughrue is very medically knowledgeable in which she treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring even while maintaining the demands of her office. I have notice that her staff is doing the best they can with overwhelming demands of her office because she is forever growing.

Super Rude Satff

Posted on March 24th, 2016

I've seen Dr Shughrue for years but I am DONE!!!! Her staff is very rude. They are not helpful over the phone or in person.

Quack and cancer phobe

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Simply the best.

Posted on July 31st, 2015

She is truly one of a kind--very talented in diagnosis, compassionate, and very attentive.

Not good at all for me

Posted on July 31st, 2014

I saw her in the early 1990s when she was practicing with Dr. Karen Gillum in Mesquite. I told her, among other things, that I had 24 ear infections in 2 years and ended up hospitalized for dehydration one year before my visit with her. She didn't care about illnesses with symptoms. All she cared about was preventive medicine: the blood pressure cuff, cancer screening, etc. She wasn't interested in keeping me out of the hospital. I was livid when I was told she required a Pap smear every 6 months. I have lived long enough to see the ACOG admit that annual Pap tests are excessive. So she went to Brazil and she's back in Dallas now! I am stunned at those of you who like her! She associates herself wit anti-aging medicine now. That's profitable quackery!

Bad news

Posted on June 11th, 2014

All she knows how to do is preventive medicine. She does not know what to do with an illness with symptoms.

Worst staff ever

Posted on April 24th, 2014

After years of going to Dr. Shughrue, I'm done! I've been putting up with Dr. Shughrue's staff for years because I felt comfortable with Dr. Shughrue and she has been wonderful. But it has gotten to the point now that I may have to seek another Dr. Due to her staff. They are slow, left me on hold again for 15 min. I cringe everytime I have to call in to get prescription refills or ask general questions. I've been on the same meds from Dr. Shughrue for years and shouldn't have to go back every 3 mos. for refills for that particular medication. They don't call or get back with you in a timely manner. Other than Pam the nurse. Rest of her staff cold, abrupt, they just don't seem to care and you're lucky if you're on hold less than 10 min. They're very prompt when making an appointment but when calling in for refills, results or general questions, it's a stressful nightmare. This happened from 2010-2013 off and on and staff had gotten better not great but better for a period but this morning I called and was frustrated again to be on hold for over 15 min. If they are busy, I can understand but they need to get back to me to let me know or get my number and "actually" call me back. Unfortunately this falls on Dr Shughrue. She needs to get caring, professional staff who genuinely cares and are better trained.

Best Doctor Ever

Posted on April 13th, 2012

I had been suffering from painful cramping for years. After being referred to Dr. Shughre by the emergency physician at Presbyterian, she diagnosed me in the first 5 minutes on her examining table. She made me very comfortable and displayed true compassion and concern. She is very knowledgeable and just an all around great doctor. I would also like to mention her Assistant Pam. Pam eased by nerves by talking and being very down to earth. I would reccommend Dr. Shughrue's office to any one. She's the BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!

Does not get back to me

Posted on February 28th, 2012

It's been a month and a half since getting several tests done and nobody has contacted me with results. I contacted the office and was simply told they'd look into the matter. I've had similar tests done with other doctors and it took less than two weeks to get back to me. Along with other things, I don't get the impression that they are particularly concerned with my health.

Dr. Shughrue & nurses are fantastic. Cold reception staff/s.

Posted on December 5th, 2011

I've thought about changing doctors about 90% of the time because of the reception staff. In person or by phone, they are abrupt, cold & unprofessional in my opinion. Dr. Shughrue & the 2 nurses are the only reason I keep going back for now.

Wonderful Doctor, TERRIBLE staff

Posted on August 6th, 2011

This is the first time I have ever done an Internet review of anything, but I think this deserves to be said. First of all, I think Dr. Shughrue is a fantastic doctor...she spends so much time with you and makes you feel very comfortable. She's very knowledgeable and seems to really care and listen. That being said, I will probably never go back because every time I've scheduled an appointment, I've had a TERRIBLE time with the rest of the staff. Never have I seen such an incompetent staff in my life. Her assistant is nice, but she performed (what appeared to be) a routine test many times, getting it wrong each time, and Dr. Shughrue had to come in and administer it correctly. Then, it took me 25 minutes just to check out after my appointment because the lady at the desk had no idea what she was doing. I went to do lab work, and the lady at the front had put in the wrong tests for the lab to perform! Unreal! I called a couple of days later to get my lab results and then cancelled my follow up appointment because I felt very frustrated with the staff and the appointment didn't seem necessary since I had my lab results, yet the office staff never actually "cancelled" it and I had to call once again and cancel the appointment the day before. I think this is all very unfortunate because Dr. Shughrue is amazing, but it's too frustrating as a patient to have to deal with her staff, so I'll need to find a new doctor.

Posted on October 21st, 2010

Dr. Shughrue is probably my all time favorite primary care physician...and I have a good track record for selecting excellent health care. She is smart, kind and humble. She is thorough and refers to a specialist only when it makes sense. She knows her medicine and knows her limits. Her Nurse Practitioner, Pam, deserves a mention. They function very well as a compassionate, effective and professional team. This practice is top notch!