A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cynthia Sortwell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Cynthia Sortwell is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sortwell
Overuse Injury in Youths Patient Education Learn about the most common overuse injuries that youths face when participating in sports, and how to minimize the risk of injury when participating in these types of activities by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sortwell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cynthia Sortwell, MD is board certified in Pediatrics, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Dental Implants
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sortwell graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Sortwell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Barbara Bush Children's Hospital
- Maine Medical Center - Brighton Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Cynthia G Sortwell MD is a female Pediatrician, has 32 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Cynthia G. Sortwell practice?
- Dr. Cynthia Sortwell has 2 office locations.
Dr. Cynthia Sortwell practices Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Portland, ME.
See Portland Pediatricians and Portland Psychiatrists.