Dr. Cynthia Spellman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia Spellman?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia Spellman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 2nd, 2017

Total Privacy

My needs were cared for in total privacy, not even staff just the Doctor. Top quality care. I got back 80% from my insurance.

May 24th, 2017

Unethical, dishonest, and a liar

Unfortunately, Aetna PPO only repays $104 of the $200 per session charged by this psychiatrist. Aetna states that $104 is the "going rate for this geographical area." Also, this psychiatrist took one whole session (which I paid for) analyzing how hurt she was about a brief text I sent when she texted me asking when our next appointment was. I wrote something like "next wed." And she spent 60 minutes telling me how aghast she was. Why is she texting instead of checking her calendar anyway? Most people wouldn't even respond. Multiple times, she took texts or even calls during my appointment from patients "in need." But on my last appointment ever, the day before I was to have major surgery, I needed to use the bathroom, was locked out of her office. She didn't open her office until 20 minutes after my appointment. I had left to go find a bathroom.  She hadn't even noticed my texts asking to be let in to use her bathroom.   Her insistence on patients paying for a minimum of 4 sessions at a time is a grievous burden. Most people cannot manage $800 at a time. She continually mentioned she thought I was well-off and couldn't I just "stop working." I could tell she had no idea who I was and what my situation was. She is a "truther" and goes on tangents about the government and how big brother is watching and that the Newtown shooting and the Boston Marathon bombing were staged and actors played the roles. The biggest problem for me was that after going to her for almost two years, I never learned any tools to handle my issue.  We never discussed techniques, approaches, etc. She would just repeat back to me whatever I said, in question form. I think she is a kind person but ineffective, at least for me anyway. I was hurt by her leaving me out in the cold 20 minutes past my appointment, in need of a bathroom, having come straight from work. I was exhausted.  It was the final straw. But the 2 times she charged my credit card without my permission really threw me over the edge. The first time, I changed from once a week to twice a week, she told me weeks later she had charged me the $100 difference for the rate, without my permission. After leaving me out in the cold 20 minutes past my appointment time, she charged my checkcard she kept on file.  This was so scary to me that I stopped all my credit cards, unsure who had done what. When I found out it was she, I felt very betrayed. I could go on and on, but this was my experience.

September 4th, 2012

Excellent Psychiatrist

Very thorough, very caring, offers great value in her monthly package plan.

October 5th, 2011

Dr Spellman is a brilliant psychiatrist who has mastered the art and science of the mind. She is also a relentless detective and never gives up on her quest to find the source of your symptoms. In addition, her peaceful demeanor is healing and calming. For these and many other reasons, I can highly recommend doctor Spellman,

May 15th, 2011

I took a discounted series with her

I am really impressed with how thorough this Doctor is. She has a plan of 4-weekly sessions at a discount and I took that because I will get the help I truly need now at an affordable rate.

May 13th, 2011

The best Doctor I have ever had!

Really wonderful, compassionate, caring. She spent a lot of time with me and was very careful about my overall medical condition, other medicines that I take and possible interactions with medicine she might prescribe. She is very thorough and very intelligent; like I said, she is the best Doctor I have ever gone to in my life.

May 10th, 2011

superb professional

Dr. Spellman is an excellent psychiatrist who spends a lot of time with me (55 minute sessions), offers discount packages which makes her fee very affordable, and she genuinely cares about me and my well-being.She is very cautious and thorough and very conservative with medicine.

January 28th, 2010

she works with you creatively; art, science, and the Spiritual... it really works!

dr. spellman combines empathy with real diagnostic ability; she has skills and knowledge enough to teach psychotherapy if she wanted to do that. dr. spellman's diagnosis of my own biochemical condition has been helpful, indeed, and it is an indication of her skill that many others I previously consulted were unable to give me this correct diagnosis. Dr. Spellman is able to help shut off the patients' turmoil from the past, especially using psychotherapy and listening skill, and Dr. Spellman is also able to help patients start over using their gifts responsibly.

May 24th, 2017