Dr. Cynthia Theiss Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia Theiss?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia Theiss?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

September 26th, 2016

Horrible experience

I would not recommend this doctor to any one! She is dismissive and did not seem at all interested during the session. Dr. Theiss rarely made eye contact and wrote most of the session. She handed me a prescription and excused me without explaining anything, especially since there were changes made. She did not return my call when I had questions re: the changes, not to mention the pharmacy would not fill one of them since it was written incorrectly. Do yourself a favor and find someone new that actually cares and will spend more then a few minutes with you before rushing you out.

May 21st, 2015

Stay Away

She lacks empathy. She's snarky and nasty. She advised me to stop taking antidepressants cold turkey, which let to a suicide attempt. She shouldn't be working with human beings.

June 16th, 2014

disappointed is an understatement

Do not expect much from this provider. She is happy to bill you for your appointment, but that is where her interest ends. Follow up care does not exist. If you have any issues, her voice mail will tell you to call 911 because you will not be speaking to her anytime soon. She really could care less about your duress.

October 11th, 2013

Worst! Made my kids lives miserable! Stay away!

This doctor and her nurse practitioner Gale will prescribe medicine and if the medicine doesn't work, they don't care! A simple question like can the medicine be taken at night versus morning - they can't answer that, and they avoided my calls or promised to call back but did not call back. They told me to ask the pharmacist for that simple question. My kid is not able to get up and missed a lot of school days and even missed his graduation because of the wrong medication they prescribed him, they were told about the situation but they just didn't care. For my other kid she prescribed the same medication without analyzing what is going, she said if it works with the sibling it should work with her. They ended up missing a lot of days in school. I moved them to a different psychiatrist, the new doctor removed all the medicines Dr. Theiss/Gale prescribed and both kids are now doing great in school!!! They were prescribed medications they don't need. Stay away from them. Zero star is what they deserved. When it comes to staff there's one that's nice, she's the older one.

April 12th, 2013

My time went fine

I was Dr. Kite and was very ahooy & comfortable with her, she seemed to really care about the problem. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kite/Theiss to a friend, I made my next visit asap

January 25th, 2012

Doctor needs a doctor

After my appointment with Dr Theiss I have now decided not to see a psychiatrist. I wish I had just saved my money. This psychiatrist needs a psychiatrist. Doesn't seem in the least connected with reality. She hardly looked up during our meeting and seemed to be in her own little world

November 18th, 2011

Unprofessional

I would not recommend this doctor to any one. Each visit , the first 10 minutes is spent with her asking questions answered in the previous session. Her excuse to me was well "I see a lot of patients." Medication management is what's practiced here, not healthcare. Some , but not all of her staff are courteous . I've been in a lot of medical offices over the years and this one rates the least professional.

August 4th, 2010

She did not seem at all interested during the session

Dr. Theiss rarely made eye contact during the session, writing most of the time. Asked a lot of questions for a 1/2 hour, handed me medication and excused me. I asked her when my next therapy session would be and she said to make an appointment 3 or 4 weeks from that day. For this, I was charged $300. She returned a message I left for her about the medication causing me problems by telling me to talk to the pharmacy if I have a problem with the medication. I cancelled my next appointment.

June 25th, 2010

Terrible

Extremely disappointing. She is unwilling to listen to your problems and rather makes rash judgments about you instead of listening to what your problems are. She spends very little time with you - really only about 15 minutes. Once, I had an adverse reaction to a medication she prescribed. I immediately called in her office and her secretary told me to come in. In that follow up, I saw Dr. Theiss for about 5 minutes. I was shocked that I was charged the price for a full visit given that the reason for the recent was because of Dr. Theiss's prior incompetence. Do yourself a favor and avoid her!

May 24th, 2010

I would label Dr. Theiss as average. My complaint focuses on the lack of details that she offers. She is knowledgable about mental health issues, but often times her response to many questions is that the onus is on you to experiment and find out the right dosage, the right time to take the medication, etc. I don't believe your body should be used as a test tube, and you should be given specific instructions on how to proceed with medications. Also, her office often times assigns you to the nurse practiconer without letting you know, which I find frustrating.

August 1st, 2017