Dr. Cynthia Wesley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 10th, 2016
This doctor talkyd me into having a surgery done that I had been told by family to jave a second opinion on before going straight to surgery. On the morning of my surgery, Dr. Wesley was almost 2 hours late. I had to call her medical office just to have her paged to find where she was. Almost 30 minutes later, she made a quick appearance in my room, and only told me about how long the surgery would take (she said no more than 30 minutes). I was in surgery for almost 2 hours! After my surgery, Dr. Wesley just disappeared. She never came to check in on me or anything. A few days after my surgery, I began to have major pains and other issues at surgery site. I contacted her office and the receptionist had told me that they were completely booked up and that Dr. Wesley tells all of her post op patients to go to the ER if they begin to have problems bad enough to be seen (Seriously!) I had problems all tbe way up until my post op appointment. I waited in the waiting room for almost an hour before being called back. Once put in a room, I was told to fully strip down and put on a gown, so I did. After maybe 30 minutes of waiting, Dr. Wesley came into my room, only maybe 3 steps into the room. She told me she didn't know why they had me undress and that I was "good to go". I asked her was she not supposed to check the surgery site and she said no, that she was sure I was fine...even after all the calls I had made to her leading up to this point. She handed me a pamphlet on birth control and walked out of the room. That was it. I have been having problems since then, and have contacted her office several times and they always say they are booked up for the next few weeks and refer me to the local hospital. I have been to the ER 3 times since then and have still not figured out why I am still bleeding and having pain. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. She is sweet, but does not take her job seriously and definitely lacks concern for her patients!!

March 9th, 2016
Poor Bedside Manner
She seemed very short-tempered and almost annoyed. I knew a lot about my condition but she continually told me that I didn't.

February 1st, 2016
terrible doctor
Wait time up to 4 hours, came in to the exam room bringing her lunch with her, laughing and making fun of patients with the office staff within earshot of other patients.. Very unprofessional...

November 12th, 2014
Caring, takes time to explain, I really like her.
I can't believe some of the negative reviews below and I have to wonder if they were all not written by the same person. I am nearly 60 years old and have had several health issues over the years and have seen many doctors, many specialists. This woman was one of the most concerned, understanding, caring doctors I've ever dealt with. She has helped me immensely with my issues and always explains things well, to my understanding. Always a smile, too. I know a smile isn't about how good a doctor she is but it makes me feel more at ease. I have had 4 or 5 gynecologists in my lifetime and I will say if given my choice between any of them today, I'd stick with Dr. Wesley.

June 4th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I was very happy with Dr. Wesley and pleasantly surprised that the wait time was so short. She spent a lot of time with me, followed up promptly and answered all my questions until I was satisfied and comfortable with the procedure. I have recommended her to my friends and family.

May 3rd, 2013
Great Doctor! She made me feel like my health was the most important thing to her.

April 17th, 2013
Would refer every female in my family
Dr. Wesley made my experience very comforting. I am 39, considered high risk due to my previous pregnancy and was very concerned about the outcome of my labor however; Dr. Wesley and her staff were absolutely excellent. I've seen some of the reviews listed and can only think they must have dealt with a different doctor because I was absolutely pleased with she and her staff. Dr. Wesley's knowledge and thoroughness allowed my husband and I to feel as though there was nothing to be concerned about. Our beautiful baby girl is now going on 1 and she is healthy and happy.

April 15th, 2013
Mother of patient
Dr. Wesley we first gyn that my daughter had eve rsaen. Dr. Wesley took the time to explan the procedure and gave her information to help her problem. We liked the way she broke things down so she coud understand everything fully. I wish there were more female dotors like her.

April 11th, 2013
Wonderful doctor
Dr. Wesley is a wonderful physician. She took care of me during my high risk pregnancy. She made me feel so comfortable by taking the time to explain everything. I love her!

May 17th, 2010
Pathetic Doctor
This woman is by far the worst in her field. She misdiagnosed me, I am almost positive, as she did several others. Every young woman my age in her office was there for the same procedure. She refused to go into detail with me about the procedure she was going to perform and had her Nurse speak to me. I was told it would be impossible to conceive, imagine my surprise two years later when a new Physician tells me that I should have absolutely no problems conceiving and I DO NOT have the HPV cancer strain as she told me and the multiple biopsies she performed could not prove. Please don't ever see this Doctor. She's practicing now in Statesville, North Carolina. Ladies, spare yourselves the physical and emotional turmoil!

May 13th, 2009
Should not be in her field
This woman has no personality. She is very quick and short with you. Makes you feel so just awful! Is not reliable.I could go into details and say more, "just don't want to go there." Please reconsider before using her.

March 10th, 2009
Missed!
I enjoyed the years that Dr. Wesley was my OB/GYN she did a great job and she is terribly missed. Always willing to listen and had a very caring staff. She was great during my pregnancy, delivery and after.