Dr. Cyril Burke III MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 12 reviews

May 19th, 2016
Very Unprofessional Doctor!
This 'so-called' Doctor is by far the worst I have ever experienced! Going into the appointment I had high expectations of him because of the bragged about opinion from the receptionist / medical secretary / office manager--she covers all 3 positions!! Boy that was the furthest from the truth. He is awful, doesn't listen, speaks to you with NO compassion, absolutely no bed side manners, no thorough diagnosis or treatment plan, tells you frightening stores of diseases about other patients that does not even pertain, abruptly dismisses you. Called 4 times to get a very quick opinion, was told that he will get back to me same day, every time, never heard from him or the multi-tasking receptionist. Confused how he earned his degree. My overall rating is a negative 5. Highly, highly DO NOT recommend this 'so called' doctor!!

August 13th, 2015
Arrogant and Unhelpful
From the moment I met Dr. Burke, I knew that my whole visit would be absolutely useless. He talks at breakneck speed and his mind jumps from one thing to the next, leaving the patient utterly bewildered. He also NEVER let me finish a sentence, not one! As I was trying to explain details about what I was feeling (to answers his own questions, mind you), I felt as if I couldn't get a word in edgewise. He really knows how to make a patient feel totally invalidated. I really can't understand any positive reviews of this man. Unless a patient has a very simple case with a clear answer, I really don't know how Dr. Burke could treat anyone effectively, and more importantly, at least make them feel better for having seen them. He makes sure to proudly display all of his graduation certificates on his wall, but it seems that nothing in those degrees taught him to be a decent person in dealing with his patients. Absolutely miserable. Do not see him.

March 11th, 2015
dr. burke helped me when my primary doctor gave up. took me off the medication that was harmful with bad side effects and put me on the right meds. this retired nurse highly recommends dr. burke, his staff is very helpful and takes time to listen.

March 7th, 2015
Spent a lot of time going over my concerns and did a thorough neuro exam.

January 22nd, 2015
I would recomend Dr. Burke to friends and family.He helped me out in my time of need.What impressed me the most about him is that he truly listens to what i have to say.

November 1st, 2013
This doctor took the time to listen to me, ask appropriate questions, perform a thorough examination, and discuss with me what diagnosis might apply to me. He was careful to explain additional tests that I needed and reviewed the options for treatment. His office staff was extremely kind and caring. Overall, I had a good experience and would highly recommend Dr. Burke to anyone who has a neurological problem.

September 26th, 2011
Great Doctor
I was referred to this physician by my primary care doctor. When I called for an appointment the receptionist was personable and very helpful. The doctor was very attentive and listened to all of my concerns. I never felt rushed or like he was not listening to me. The doctor was very caring and took the time and explained various courses of treatment for my diagnoses. I will continue to treat with Dr. Burke and would recommend him to others.

May 17th, 2011
run away
Dr Burke is a terrible doctor and apparently an even more terrible person. His office is extremely unprofessional including the receptionist with multiple visible tattoos and piercings and also his young child who is allowed to run wild through the office like it is a day care, not a specialist's office. He is quick to pull you in to his office so he can suck some more money out of you while you are vulnerable for things that could have been advised by phone. Maybe he needs to leech money because he can't keep patients due to his horrible "elite" attitude, fast talking like a hustler and extreme lack of compassion. He is honestly the worst doctor I have seen and I would advise anyone else who is unwell to open the yellow pages and close your eyes and pick a name since you'd probably have better results. Since you have so much money from your poor patients, put your kid in daycare.

February 7th, 2011
OFFICE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT, THE DR WAS DOWN TO EARTH AND SOMEONE I COULD TALK TO. HE DID NOT WAIST MY TIME ASKING A LOT OF UNNCESSARY QUESTIONS. NOT A DR THATS KEEP YOU COMMING BACK JUST FOR THE MONEY FROM INSURANCE

July 21st, 2010
i don't recommend this doctor to anyonehe doesn't even know how to diagnoseepilepsy and then i went to an epileptologist and he diagnosed me withhaving epilepsy deffinately and dr.cyril burke is no epileptologist and his advise is no good. and he isn't eventruthfull. iff you want my advise stay away from him he will just waist your time and mess you up

May 24th, 2010
completely useless and disrespectful and no bedside manner, in the wrong profession.

August 8th, 2009
impatient; needs better listening skills
Impatient, a lot of times did not let the patient finish answering questions before saying "anything else?" , asking another question, or finishing my answers and sentences. This makes him hard to converse with. Did not bother to look at my file at all throughout the visit. Doubt that he had read the file before entering the exam room because he was asking questions; the answers to which would have been known to him had he read it. Although part of his follow up recommendation makes sense, I cannot see myself having an effective relationship with him. I would not recommend him to anyone; I do not understand how he could be given the "Top Doctor" award / title / recognition