inactive

3.3
  • 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 26th, 2015
When i first met with Dr Mahood years ago he was quick to diagnose with a lipoma and promptly booked me in to remove. I was quite happy with the speed and ease of this - however, post (from immediately after surgery) is where I experienced issues. My surgery was a handful of years back to remove a lipoma from the back of my neck. When I awoke I was heavily medicated as I had apparently awoken and indicated I was in pain. The Dr only spoke to me (not my mother in the waiting room) with post op instructions - I will stress heavily medicated and do not even remember him or anything from that time. It wasn't until getting home that my mom and I noticed how poorly i was cleaned & bandaged up. My long hair (in ponytail so would not have been hard to move) was under and taped into the bandage over the stitches. My neck had blood still all over as if I hadn't been properly cleaned up following. Post surgery, I oddly received more than one phone call asking about Dr Mahood and the caller each time would hang up. I never did look into this but wish I had - at the time I just did not know what to do and had also broken my foot and had surgery so a had months ahead of recovery. Years later, (and never any post surgery check up in any capacity) it feels like i have a hole in the back of my neck as if it wasn't sown up correctly and have problems with pain in the area (even a swim suit strap is too much on my neck) I was only 19 and didnt know what steps to take, now it is likely much too late to look into.