Dr. Cyrus Ghavam MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 13 reviews

February 4th, 2017
Dr. Ghavam is a good doctor I am also a worker comp patient too I had one doctor that wanted me to have a mri done I also had worker comp doctor that refused the mri I was hurting so bad that they had to send me to Dr. Ghavam so Dr. Ghavam looked at the exrays
He told my mom that I have a slip disk in my lower back he doesn't want me to have spine surgery he had me to start physical therapy Dr. Ghavam is going to be real please with my back

February 4th, 2017
Dr. Ghavam is good doctor
I am also a work component patient when I first Injuried my lower back at work I had one doctor that wanted me to have a mri done but work component doctor refused the mri I was hurting so bad that they had to send me to Dr. Ghavam he told my mom that I have a slip disk in my lower back and he does want me to have spine surgery he send me to physical therapy

February 22nd, 2016
My husband had ACDF surgery. His pain has not been adequately addressed. Post-surgery problems have not been treated. Phone calls are not always promptly returned. We are very frustrated

December 16th, 2015
Poor Judsgment!! Waist of my Time
Dr. Ghavam said I had nothing wrong with my back or the discs in my neck. I have a report from another workman comp Dr. state I had a bulging discs at L5 and had me do a block. He also stated that my problem with my neck was due to age. I have discs on top of disc.in my neck per other doctors and MRI. The workman comp nurse didn't even show up for the appointment.. There are people that saw me get injured on the job..I had another Dr. state I need to have my discs in my neck fused to relieve the pain. . The doctor worked for the workman comp company and was more or less told what to say to me by the workman comp company. They pay him. I Never believed I or any person should be treated this way. Tell your friend and family I could never recommend him after this visit. I believe in God and god healing hand but have not been lucky of his help to date this date. The Dr. Must!! This was a total waist of my time and waited almost 4 weeks for the appointment. There is so much more to the story and sorry for rambling. But when you hurt everyday due to a work related injury you would thing the Dr. oath of practice would want to help people. The medical review board needs to look into my case and probably many others.. I call it mal practice. But that's just me. It's time to let a Judge and Jury make the decision of what is the right thing to do. My father told me long ago, right is right and wrong is wrong.. Right wind more time than not.

May 22nd, 2015
Dr. Ghavam was very inconsistent in my diagnosis, treatment ,etc. He would give his opinion on one visit and the next visit he would tell me something totally different. I was a workers comp case and he always talked to the case worker more than he did me about my injury. He would look at her when he was speaking instead of looking at me. It was as if she was the patient instead of me.

April 23rd, 2015
Good surgeon
I would like to remove the review below because it was posted out of frustration and, although true, it doesn't reflect the full picture. They could work on communication with rehab they send you to. There is a disconnect there that should be fixed. Other than that, he is a good surgeon and doctor. Very knowledgable when he has all the information to work with. :)

March 18th, 2015
Pin the tail on the diagnosis
Disorganized. Stayed with him for way too long. He has given me 4 different diagnoses/recommendations from the same set of slides. Good thing one of us is paying attention!

January 23rd, 2014
Run-Don't walk away!
Had I had a choice or even read the reviews prior to my experiences with this doctor I would have avoided him at all costs. I too am a Workers Comp patient, I have had a MAJOR surgery and it has been 7 months since the surgery. I STILL have severe back and leg pain, sometimes worse than before the surgery. He prescribes pain medications which do not touch the pain, because IT IS NERVE PAIN. He has not referred me to a neurologist but has sent me back to work 4 hours a day, which is close to impossible to do. Somehow when you sit, twist, turn, walk around it really makes your pain worse and guess what-you make mistakes! I have NEVER been able to speak with him on the phone. My medications are not refillable but I was told to take a weaker pain med during the day and a stronger one at night to allow me to sleep. What a crock! I wake up every hour or so because of the leg and back pain. I am very dissatisfied with the physician and his staff! I agree he is in the back pocket of the Workers Comp company. I actually get more assistance from my workers comp company-NOT THE NURSE they send to the appointments with me. She is as bad as Dr Ghavam. I have started taking my boyfriend-who just happens to be an attorney (they don't know that) with me to all of my appointments. I have had so much PT that my strength even surprises the therapy employees. I mean really 4 hours of PT a day for 2 weeks when you already feel like the wrath of God! Give me a break. I have done everything they asked me to do because of the WC situation, otherwise I would never see him again!.

July 29th, 2013
Never again
I wouldn't send my enemies to this Dr. I read some good reviews before seeing him, but I don't know whom they are using as a comparison.

July 18th, 2013
Highly recommended
Dr Ghavam is very courteous, takes time to answer all questions. He is also highly esteemed by his partners and by the hospital surgical teams with whom he works. I feel confidant that he has considered the most effective and conservative treatment available you my particular needs. I can highly recommend Dr Ghavam .

March 14th, 2011
Avoid The Orthopedic Center like the plague!!!
Dr was caught in an outright lie to a Workmans Comp patient (I have a recording of the office visit) or is not intelligent enough to know leg weakness IS related to back problem (Radiculopathy)! He is very snippy and short, ignoring the patient's concerns and questions! So a doctor who is in Workman's Comp's back pocket who is their "yes man" or who is so ignorant in his field that he endangers his patients...what a choice!! All we know is we've been royally "TOC'd" (our new slang for getting screwed by arrogant SOB's at The Orthopedic Center!!)!!

October 13th, 2010
overall
My overall experience was plasant. From the staff to the Dr.,Doctor Ghavam was sincere when listening to all my symptoms,and answering any question I had.I would recommmend this practice to friends and family. I will be going back for follow up in three months.