Dr. D'nese Sokolowski Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. D'nese Sokolowski?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. D'nese Sokolowski?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 30th, 2016

great choice for me!

Dr S delivered my daughter, and I was happy with my experience. I wanted to see the same doctor every visit, and to have that doctor deliver me. She was approachable, which is important to me. My pregnancy was complex, and she was thorough with all my questions.

January 25th, 2016

Horrible!!!

Not nice at all! She talked down to me because I'm a young mother, they don't do ultrasounds in the office. They send you somewhere else for the ultrasounds. Called multiple times, weeks prior to an appt, to cancel. And no one even answered their phone, and then they charged me a cancellation fee after they didn't answer. I'd never recommend them, or trust her with anything to do with my child.

July 15th, 2015

Waited 2.5 hours and was only seen for 5 minutes where she belittled my symptoms and couldn't care less.

March 13th, 2014

my time is valuable too

nightmare!!!!. For one thing I think it is tacky that a doctor charges for medical excuses for work I had to pay $5 for one for my employer. Yet when I went to pick up a prescription I was made to stand there 10 minutes while the staff all avoided my gaze. nobody there to help at all. When reception told me the lady who was at the front desk might be on with the people from insurance and it might be a while, I told her Maybe I should charge this doctors office for my lost time. Last time going there.

September 12th, 2013

On my most recent visit, she had a student shadowing her who I asked not to be present before they entered. Somehow that information wasn't communicated to her. She also recited 100% incorrect information about my previous visits to me. I don't recommend.

April 23rd, 2013

AVOID THIS DOCTOR

The only good thing I have to say about this doctor is that the staff (besides her) is courteous and prompt. My first consultation with her was great. The second time I visited her with my husband (for infertility), and she was in a bad mood, rude, and short with us when we asked questions. She casually diagnosed me with PCOS after she had already told me that I didn't have it. When I questioned her on this, she said, "Oh yeah, I looked over your information again and think you have it." My husband left the office fuming, but I told him to give her another chance. Our subsequent interactions with her were much like that visit: terrible bedside manner. I called one time to get ultrasound tests results, and Dr. Sokolowski told the nurse to tell me that she was busy because she had too many patients, and she'd get back to me when she had time. She is old school and doesn't stay updated on new medical findings. If you are having fertility issues, you will be prescribed clomid and told to call her on day 35 of your cycle if you're not pregnant. That's it. Not blood test or ultrasound monitoring. My sister-in-law was asking her OB-GYN questions for me, because no one in the family trusted what my doctor was saying. If you are the least bit type A, avoid this doctor. I put up with this for way too long and mainly because it was an inconvenience to switch. Take my advice, and don't go here in the first place.

March 7th, 2013

Go elsewhere.

Dr Sokolowski would be better suited to be a mortician than an obstetrician. I started out with her for my first pregnancy because I didn’t want a group. Although I thought her mannerisms were a little cold at first I brushed it off and didn’t think too much about it. This all changed when I was greeted in the delivery room by an irritated doctor who acted like I was bothering her at 6am to deliver my baby. After a grueling and complicated labor she stitched me up without any local. I had to reschedule my 6 wk follow up last minute because my baby was sick and I had no one to watch her and didn’t want to take her out of the house. I explained this to the receptionist and I was still charged a cancellation fee! When I called the office to find out why they charged me since that was the only appt I ever missed she told me “we don’t accept not having a baby sitter as a valid excuse to miss an appointment”. My jaw dropped to the floor. After telling the doctor to her face what I thought of her and her staff I moved to College Heights where I could be happier.

February 21st, 2013

Fights for her patients :)

Dr. S is wonderful. She listened to my concerns, and answered all my questions. I had to have her paged a couple of times on weekends with concerns, and she always got back to me quickly. I have had both my children using Dr. S, and would recommend her to everyone. She fought for me and stood up for what I wanted.

November 17th, 2012

Worth the Wait

I first started my journey with Dr. Sokolowski about 6 years ago when my husband and I decided to start a family. We wanted only one doctor and she came highly recommended by a friend. Dr. Sokolowski saw us through as far as she could in the process to help us get pregnant, but she eventually had to recommend us to a fertility specialist because we could not get pregnant. After one successful round of IVF, I was back under the care of Dr. Sokolowski for the remainder of my pregnancy. I had a difficult, high risk twin pregnancy, and Dr. Sokolowski never steered me wrong. I was even put on bed rest in the hospital from week 30 until the babies were born at 34 weeks. Dr. Sokolowski was there every day to check on me. Dr. Sokolowski just delivered my third baby via csection again, and I've trusted her every step of the way again. As this will be my last baby, I can honestly say I will miss seeing Dr. Sokolowski more than once a year for my annual visit. She has the kind of bedside manner and complete passion for her patients that I wish more doctors possessed. So you might wait a little longer in her office to be seen, but I promise that the wait is worth the attention and care you will receive.

October 25th, 2012

Overall experiences have been wonderful I always feel as though I can share my feelings, concerns, and questions with Dr. Sokolowski. She always makes time for me and I never feel rushed with her. She has delivered my son (4yrs old now) and is going to deliver my next in a couple of days. She really listened to me as far as what I wanted my birth plan to look like and tried to implement it while keeping the safety of my child and me as her primary concern. I highly recommend Dr. Sokolowski as a OB or Gynecologist.

July 20th, 2012

Patient

I really like her! She hasn't delivered my baby yet, but I always see the same nurse, the same receptionist and the same doctor at every appointment and she is very caring and compassionate.

May 7th, 2012

I don't know why all the terrible reviews - but I found this doctor because she was recommended through a referral center to handle high-risk pregnancies, and she has done a great job working with me and I'm now back to low-risk and progressing nicely thanks to her. She's always very friendly, I never have to wait very long (maybe 10 minutes after appt time, never as long as some of these bad reviews say), and the staff there is lovely, especially the receptionist, who always remembers who I am on the phone. Before I even went there, they answered many of my questions over the phone, and called frequently to check how I was doing.