Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  my time is valuable too  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2014

nightmare!!!!. For one thing I think it is tacky that a doctor charges for medical excuses for work I had to pay $5 for one for my employer. Yet when I went to pick up a prescription I was made to stand there 10 minutes while the staff all avoided my gaze. nobody there to help at all. When reception told me the lady who was at the front desk might be on with the people from insurance and it might be a while, I told her Maybe I should charge this doctors office for my lost time. Last time going there.

Sep 11th, 2013

On my most recent visit, she had a student shadowing her who I asked not to be present before they entered. Somehow that information wasn't communicated to her. She also recited 100% incorrect information about my previous visits to me. I don't recommend.

|  AVOID THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

The only good thing I have to say about this doctor is that the staff (besides her) is courteous and prompt. My first consultation with her was great. The second time I visited her with my husband (for infertility), and she was in a bad mood, rude, and short with us when we asked questions. She casually diagnosed me with PCOS after she had already told me that I didn't have it. When I questioned her on this, she said, "Oh yeah, I looked over your information again and think you have it." My husband left the office fuming, but I told him to give her another chance. Our subsequent interactions with her were much like that visit: terrible bedside manner. I called one time to get ultrasound tests results, and Dr. Sokolowski told the nurse to tell me that she was busy because she had too many patients, and she'd get back to me when she had time. She is old school and doesn't stay updated on new medical findings. If you are having fertility issues, you will be prescribed clomid and told to call her on day 35 of your cycle if you're not pregnant. That's it. Not blood test or ultrasound monitoring. My sister-in-law was asking her OB-GYN questions for me, because no one in the family trusted what my doctor was saying. If you are the least bit type A, avoid this doctor. I put up with this for way too long and mainly because it was an inconvenience to switch. Take my advice, and don't go here in the first place.

|  Go elsewhere.  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2013

Dr Sokolowski would be better suited to be a mortician than an obstetrician. I started out with her for my first pregnancy because I didn’t want a group. Although I thought her mannerisms were a little cold at first I brushed it off and didn’t think too much about it. This all changed when I was greeted in the delivery room by an irritated doctor who acted like I was bothering her at 6am to deliver my baby. After a grueling and complicated labor she stitched me up without any local. I had to reschedule my 6 wk follow up last minute because my baby was sick and I had no one to watch her and didn’t want to take her out of the house. I explained this to the receptionist and I was still charged a cancellation fee! When I called the office to find out why they charged me since that was the only appt I ever missed she told me “we don’t accept not having a baby sitter as a valid excuse to miss an appointment”. My jaw dropped to the floor. After telling the doctor to her face what I thought of her and her staff I moved to College Heights where I could be happier.

|  Fights for her patients :)  |  show details
by MeghannCarl on Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. S is wonderful. She listened to my concerns, and answered all my questions. I had to have her paged a couple of times on weekends with concerns, and she always got back to me quickly. I have had both my children using Dr. S, and would recommend her to everyone. She fought for me and stood up for what I wanted.

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2012

I first started my journey with Dr. Sokolowski about 6 years ago when my husband and I decided to start a family. We wanted only one doctor and she came highly recommended by a friend. Dr. Sokolowski saw us through as far as she could in the process to help us get pregnant, but she eventually had to recommend us to a fertility specialist because we could not get pregnant. After one successful round of IVF, I was back under the care of Dr. Sokolowski for the remainder of my pregnancy. I had a difficult, high risk twin pregnancy, and Dr. Sokolowski never steered me wrong. I was even put on bed rest in the hospital from week 30 until the babies were born at 34 weeks. Dr. Sokolowski was there every day to check on me. Dr. Sokolowski just delivered my third baby via csection again, and I've trusted her every step of the way again. As this will be my last baby, I can honestly say I will miss seeing Dr. Sokolowski more than once a year for my annual visit. She has the kind of bedside manner and complete passion for her patients that I wish more doctors possessed. So you might wait a little longer in her office to be seen, but I promise that the wait is worth the attention and care you will receive.

Oct 25th, 2012

Overall experiences have been wonderful I always feel as though I can share my feelings, concerns, and questions with Dr. Sokolowski. She always makes time for me and I never feel rushed with her. She has delivered my son (4yrs old now) and is going to deliver my next in a couple of days. She really listened to me as far as what I wanted my birth plan to look like and tried to implement it while keeping the safety of my child and me as her primary concern. I highly recommend Dr. Sokolowski as a OB or Gynecologist.

|  Patient  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I really like her! She hasn't delivered my baby yet, but I always see the same nurse, the same receptionist and the same doctor at every appointment and she is very caring and compassionate.

May 7th, 2012

I don't know why all the terrible reviews - but I found this doctor because she was recommended through a referral center to handle high-risk pregnancies, and she has done a great job working with me and I'm now back to low-risk and progressing nicely thanks to her. She's always very friendly, I never have to wait very long (maybe 10 minutes after appt time, never as long as some of these bad reviews say), and the staff there is lovely, especially the receptionist, who always remembers who I am on the phone. Before I even went there, they answered many of my questions over the phone, and called frequently to check how I was doing.

|  Long Wait & NO SERVICE, BUT SHE FINES YOU  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

Came here for my first visit. No patients at all waiting and yet we waited for over 60 minutes. Asked several times to be seen and then gave up - well after the appointment time passed. Next Iam are told to pay a fine for leaving without being seen. Next I get a lawyer letter to threaten me for not paying the penality bill for NO SERVICE and then I need to pay her lawyer for his time too. Is this the care patients want from their doctor? This is ethical behavior by a practicaing medical doctor? She does not keep her appointments with patients and then bills them for not waiting for her to arrive whenever she wishes to see them. Is this the doctor YOU want to have on your side???????

Jan 22nd, 2012

After an hour of waiting I asked Dr. Sokolowski if I could reschedule. I was told that I would be charged if I left. I waited 1.5 hours. This is not unusual.

|  Mandy  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2012

I have really mixed feelings with this doctor. She delivered a healthy baby for me, but she went against the birthplan which we mutually agreed to, without my consent. During my last check up before delivery while she was checking how dilated I was, she said: "I'm going to do something and then I will tell you after what I did." What she did was go against my birthplan and swept my membranes. I have serious concerns with this doctor's communication skills, or lack there of, and her going directly against a patient's wishes. Be aware of this should you decide to use this doctor and have her agree to not perform any procedure without your consent.

|  Best Most Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

Dr Sokolowski,Is wonderful she is very caring and has an amazing disposition. She always puts your needs first and has your best interest at heart.God Bless Dr. Sokolowski

|  Front office staff gives Dr. S a bad name....  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

I was sorry to have to move away from my GYN. I even drove back and forth (2-1/2 hours 1 way) to see him for a while after we had moved. Finally I made the decision to find a new doctor. My first impression of the office started off on the wrong foot with a very unprofessional phone call to make my appointment in which the scheduler was seemingly annoyed with my questions. After arriving at the office, I had a very long wait (emergencies happen, that I do understand) but I was very patient...and have been on my subsequent 4 visits to this practice. Dr. S. was pretty great. I liked her immediately. She doesn't sugar coat things and is willing to listen and give her best advice. Then, to check out with the front office staff, again, not the best experience in the world...but I can live with that if I have a good doctor. My last appointment (2 weeks ago), I laid on the exam table for OVER AN HOUR with just my little drape to cover my nakedness. It was freezing and not one time did someone come in to check on me. I do understand that things come up and babies come unexpectedly, but, the least they could do is send the nurse in and let me know what is going on. I had set my mind to leave if I wasn't attended to within 5 minutes. In summary, I think Dr. S is a great doctor; a good doctor who lacks the capability of hiring a professional and competent front office staff.

|  No compassion  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

We found Dr. Sokolowski on an LGBT-friendly website, and decided to give her a try. At first she was nice, but we were very disappointed at how she handles her business. Sadly, we had to terminate our pregnancy because of complications, and while Dr. Sokolowski was aware of this, she still charged us for a missed appointment that had been scheduled before we knew we had to terminate. I called her office and explained to them that we were very sorry for not canceling the appointment and that we were very emotionally drained from having to terminate the pregnancy. Instead of waving the missed-appointment fee, or even saying she was sorry that we lost the baby, she turned us over to a collections agency. Of course we paid the bill, but I'm very disappointed in Dr. Sokolowski's lack of compassion. Not once did we hear from her after we found out we had to terminate the pregnancy. I would expect much more compassion from an OB, and we won't be going to Dr. Sokolowski again. We've found a much better group of OB's in the area.

|  CHANGE FOR THE BETTER  |  show details
by JUDI on Nov 15th, 2009

BECASUE OF A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH ANOTHER DR I DECIDED TO CHANGE ASKED SOME OF MY FRIENDS WHO THEY GO TO THEY RECOMMENDED DR. S., SO I GAVE HER A CALL AND HAD AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE NEXT WEEK. AFTER MEETING DR S., AND HER STAFF I DECIDED SHE WAS THE GREATEST, THANKS DR S.