Dr. Da Zhang MD Patient Reviews

3.4

June 17th, 2016
I couldn't be sick enough to see Dr. Zhang
I had a really terrible experience with another doctor, which was illegal on his part, he was investigated by the Medical Board, had his license revoked, leaving me with no doctor, no medication s, and no records. Long story short, I was in excruciating pain and had no where else to turn, so I went to see Dr. Zhang (as Dr. Ramsey had recently left the practice and I didn't know). I was honest with Dr. Zhang, and told him what had happened to me. He squinted his eyes, looked at me with nothing less than suspicion, and asked me what I was taking for pain. I told him I had no prescriptions due to my dr. having his license revoked for breaking the law with 6 of his patients. I couldn't have my records faxed to another pain management clinic, b/c I had no way to contact my dr. about my records.I told Dr. Zhang I was in horrific pain. I have lower lumbar stenosis and degenerative arthritis. The pain in my lower back was so terrible standing, lay down nor sitting made it ease up. I told Dr. Zhang I was taking 3 Bayer aspirin 3x a day. He said after everything I said, "That's not normal." He told me to go buy a bottle of Motrin and take 2 twice a day. Dr. Zhang was cold, non-compassionate in a way I had never experienced in my 64 years, showing no empathy, and I would never subject my dog that I love dearly, to anyone as methodical and unfeeling as Dr. Zhang. Thank God, I finally got a number to contact my old dr. and he faxed my records over to my new dr at a pain management clinic I am now a patient at. I am so grateful to say this dr. is experienced in people dealing with chronic, debilitating pain. He is kind, gentle and compassionate. I was treated so disrespectfully and in such a cold way with Dr. Zhang. Just felt it was important to report this treatment . Before I make an appt. now with any doctor, I research them in as thorough a way that I can.

November 18th, 2013
A pass you off doctor
I am changing my doctor from Zhang to another doctor for a few reasons. I have called them several times when I was sick and couldn't get an appointment. I shouldn't always have to go to patient first or an urgent care....that is absurd! When I have been able to see him for any issues he immediately sends you to a specialist.... Doesn't seem too knowledgable on most issues. Then there is no followup after he sends you to a specialist. So, he hasn't been much help when it comes to my health.

October 12th, 2013
Great partner in your health
Dr Zhang has been my doctor for the past 5 years. He has been a great partner in my health. He takes his time to get to know who his patients are and genuinely cares about you. I have to credit Dr Zhang for my improved health after turning fifty. I definitely recommend Dr Zhang and Hanbury Medical Center to my family and friends.

October 11th, 2013
Review of Excellent medical service with Dr. Da Zhang
I chose Dr. Zhang from the group of doctors at Chesapeake Family Practice. He has been my doctor for 3 years and each visit has been excellent. The changes in medication that he has recommended and prescribed have been right on the mark and have made significant improvements in my medical health.

November 15th, 2012
Decent but not Great
It's hard to describe, but I didn't feel Dr. Zhang always knew exactly what he was talking about, or that he took me completely seriously. He's definitely not a bad doctor--he helped me with a sinus infection and a hemorrhoid--but I also didn't feel confident in him either. Because of this, I changed doctors.

October 31st, 2012
Lack of Customer Focus
I have had quality care which made me quickly realize Dr. Zhang and the staff dont provide quality, customer focused care. When sick they never seem to have availabilty. They suggest goint to a clinic or hospital. I didn't feel they cared about my medical needs. I will never seek their services again!

July 11th, 2011
Great Doctor!
Dr. Zhang is a great doctor. He always listens and is very thorough. He never acts like he is in a hurry and gives me all the time I need while I am there. The ladies at the front desk are very nice and polite and I rarely wait past my appointment time.

May 4th, 2011
I feal he is interested in my health as a doctor and has a warm bedside manner easy to talk to.