Dr. Dain Brooks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 5 reviews

October 16th, 2016
OK, but nt going back
There are two reasons I will look for another doctor to do my other eye cataract operation. First, the result of my current operation is about 20-25 vision. Better than I had but not 20-20. I still need glasses to see distance well. I was NOT guaranteed 20-20- but expected it. I am disappointed and am in fear of another 20-25 or worse next time. I think Dr. Brooks' response was maybe we can do better next time... The other issue is office visit time. I have an appt. at 8 am. Get taken to an exam room about 8:45. Sit there until 9. Then asst. comes in and checks eyes or runs test. Then I go to another smaller waiting room for another 20 to 30 minutes. Then moved to another exam room for 15 or 20 minutes until doctor appears. He looks at my eye, talks a little, and wants to schedule me for the other eye. I loose the better part of 2 hours for a 5 minute visit with doctor. I am sure this is very convenient for him, not so much for me. Also, be aware that when you schedule surgery here, they will send you next door to a private looking pharmacy for some very expensive eye drops. Wonder why I can't get them at Walgreens. Cannot say surgery was bad or in error, but no 20-20 and you should have hours to burn to conform to doctor's busy schedule. I am going to find better choice.

November 2nd, 2015
What a place! They wouldn't even take an appointment.

October 15th, 2013
Sigh of relief.
I was about 53, I was told that I had cataracts. I have had a lazy eye since birth. I saw 4 different Ophthalmologists and none of them would even think about performing surgery on my "good" eye. I had given up hope of getting even my "good" eye corrected. The next year, I saw Dr. Brooks at BAMC IN San Antonio, Texas. When he realized that I was aware of the risks, he told me that he would perform the cataract surgery in each eye. Even with Epilepsy, the surgeries came off without a hitch. Dr. Brooks made me feel so confident in his abilities, I was able to feel at ease during the procedures. Everyone should feel confident in his abilities and care. .

April 26th, 2013
Attorney
I went in for a cataract evaluation, After seeing so many other Dr's who made you feel like you are a money sign. This office has the best atmosphere and friendly employees you can tell the employees are happy to work there this to me is a great first impression. The time the staff spent with me was so helpful, they are so well informed. This all helped in my decision to have this surgery I am now one Happy camper I can see with no problems and it was a fast recovery. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND

April 15th, 2013
The Eye Surgeon in DFW that Pilots trust their eyes too
As a corporate pilot I depend on my eyesight for both mine and my passenger’s safety in all kinds of weather and lighting conditions. When it came time for me to have a lens replacement I wanted and needed the best possible performance lens in order for me to continue in my profession. After a great deal of searching and visiting the offices of 3 other eye surgeons in the DFW area I was given the recommendation of visiting Dr. Dain Brooks at Brooks Eye Associates from Dr. Danny Malone at Vision Source (see their review for a great general eye doctor). There are several factors that made Dr. Brooks the clear choice for me. At so many of the other facilities I went to felt as though I was stepping into a Crystalens infomercial. I was a number to them and it was a question of how they could pitch me on a particular implant. I am not saying Crystalens is not a good product but is it good for what I want to do? There was little to no discussion on what other options would be available in other multi-focal or accommodating lens or how they would perform based on what I was looking for. Dr. Brooks is unique in the DFW area in that his experience as a military doctor provided him the opportunity to gain vast experience with ALL the intraocular lens implants available on the market today. He took the time…and I mean serious time… (we probably discussed it for the better part of an hour in person) to evaluate all the options, discuss my lifestyle desires and really work through what would be the best for my long term happiness. I felt that we had thoroughly discussed all of the options until I was satisfied and I had realistic expectations of the end result. The surgery went very well and his attention to detail is second to none. You leave feeling that there was no better possible outcome than what you have done which it very comforting. The results were frankly stunning – I am back to 20/20 near and far and back to flying again due in no small part to the talent of Dr. Brooks, his staff and the ability to use the right implant for the right application. The amazing thing is all of this time, talent, and personal attention was over $1000 less than what I had been quoted for the same procedure at a several other local facilities. If you are fed up with arriving at the doctor’s office to be greeted by a sign in sheet with a big sign saying “do not open the glass” then this is the place for you. The attitude that you find with Dr. Brooks extends to his entire staff. Everyone at Brooks Eye Associates goes above and beyond to be helpful and responsive. If I send an email to them I get a response in hours not days or weeks. I had a change in my schedule and they went out of their way to accommodate me and fit me in. I wish I could say that this level of customer service and customer focus is common but it is not so it needs to be recognized. If you are seeking not only one of the best eye surgeons in the metroplex but one of the best customer service experiences look no further than Brooks Eye Associates.