Daisy Deganuza Is this you?

Dr. Deganuza

Posted on September 24th, 2016

I was very saddened by the news that Dr. Deganuza passed away. She was an excellent doctor and very compassionate. Will miss her dearly.

she will be missed

Posted on August 25th, 2016

I was a patient of Dr De Ganuza's for 12 years. She CARED. Something I've rarely found in the medical world. I always took first appt because the wait was unbearable otherwise. Her staff is appalling and when she passed away they were not helpful in the least. She will be missed in my life and in my heart. RIP

She will be missed

Posted on June 20th, 2016

I was shocked and saddened to hear of Dr. DeGanuza's passing . I have been her patient for 16 years. She has been with me through all my ups and downs. Even though she was only my prescribing doctor she always took time to talk to me about what was happening in my life, always asked about my family, my health, my hobbies. I may have spent a long time in the waiting room when I had an appointment - but that knew that meant she was taking all the time she thought necessary with each of her patients. She was a special, caring person and I will miss her very much. Vaya con Dios, Dr. D.

Posted on November 25th, 2013

If you are not religious, she will eventually try to shove her religion down your throat. She is also not LGBT friendly at all - actually recommended that I talk to a priest when I came out to her. When I politely told her that I would rather not talk to a religious authority about it, she continued to pressure me. It was like she lost all respect for me once I came out to her. On top of this, she constantly consults pamphlets in order to answer any and all questions, seeming to have very little knowledge about medications or diagnoses. I don't like to interfere with someone's profession, which is why I didn't report her bigotry, but I really do not want others to go through what I did, which is why I am writing this review now.

Not accepting new patients?!?!

Posted on September 30th, 2013

I suffer from SEVERE social anxiety so it has taken me almost two years to finally make an appointment with a psychiatrist. I'd been trying to get her office on the phone for a while and when I finally do they tell me that she is not accepting new patients! She might want to let insurance companies know that (and set up the phone extension to let people know that) so that prospective patients won't call and have to deal with rude receptionists. I was finally ready and that was discouraging and a waste of time.

Not the best Dr. I've seen

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

My first appointment was terrible. She had an opinion about every personal aspect of my life despite the fact that she didn't know me at all. She made almost no eye contact. Her diagnosis was good (in part because I came in with a diagnosis already from a counselor) and the meds she prescribed me worked well for few weeks. My 3rd appointment was rescheduled 3 times. I explained her staff that I was having a hard time with the side effects of the medications and that I couldn't wait another 3 weeks to see her. They couldn't care less.

Posted on July 23rd, 2012

This place was horrible! When i called to make an appointment the receptionist was VERY rude to me. She told me that i would have to wait until the end of the month, because that is when they had an opening. I made the appointment and when i went in I had to wait for over 20 minutes. When i went up to the receptionist to ask how much longer it was going to be, she told me not more than 5 minutes and i could reschedule if i wanted. 15 minutes went by and i was still waiting. I went back up to her and asked for a refund since i had to pay my copay before seeing the therapist. She gave me a refund, and said Sorry. I did not reschedule and will not go back there, EVER!!

A Very Compassionate and Knowledgeable Doctor

Posted on February 7th, 2012

This doctor is so caring, gets to know you as a person and knows what she is doing. She will even help find a doctor for you in another profession if you need one. You do have to wait some time in the office to see her, but I will wait an hour for her, she's worth it. Trying to get through to get an appointment is impossible and the office staff is very un-friendly to you, downright rude! Why doesn't the doctors address this issue?

Very caring doctor, but you will wait...and wait...

Posted on September 22nd, 2011

Dr. DeGanuza is one of the most caring and compassionate doctor's I've ever been too. She spends as much time with you as need, and treats you almost like a friend...asks about your hobbies, family, job, etc. She makes you feel very comfortable and is absolutely one of the most lovely people you will meet. She's an extremely knowledgable doctor, and I have nothing but complete trust in her. However....you will wait to see her. You can usually get appointments within the same week, but I have never waited less than 1.5 hours in her waiting room. Honestly, I have waited up to 3 hours more than once! While it is definitely a drawback, it certainly shows that she is a doctor worth waiting for.

over it

Posted on July 18th, 2011

The wait time in this office is horrible!!! and to get someone to answer the phone to set an app. you have to call 20 times a day!! Its so aggrivating, Im looking for a new doctor!!

Posted on January 5th, 2011

The only less than perfect grade that I would give Dr. Deganuza is waiting time. However, I have found that the time waiting to see an excellent physician tends to be inversely proportional to the amount of time and attention they give each patient. The caring physicians, like Dr. Deganuza won't rush you out the door after the time allocated on the schedule is up.

Posted on March 22nd, 2017