Dr. Dal Sperazza MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

April 21st, 2016
Awful
Judgemental, condescension, I left the office in tears, waited for almost an hour in waiting room. Awful.

March 14th, 2016
Severe Discontinuation Syndrome Wrongfully Caused By Sperazza
The most dangerous doctor I have ever known with a cruelty of the calibur of Joseph Mengele. Sperazza abruptly stopped my medication which tumbled me terribly into a severe case of discontinuation syndrome. Her insistance that I should be able to continue my day to day life without interruption was pure negligence: I could have seriously endangered the lives of others not to mention my own life. When a medical test proved that Sperazza was WRONG for her mistreatment, she claimed that the *laboratory did not complete all of the tests* Utterly jaw-dropping!

July 9th, 2015
Definitely..... go elsewhere
Pills and more pills..... until you are numb! No cognitive therapy, no probing to get to the bottom of the matter. Every session a cookie cutter from the prior. I wish we never met "Dr. Dal Sperazza"!

May 12th, 2015
Prepare to wait a long while.
I have seen her for 14 years. I am so frustrated at this point because I never wait LESS THAN 75 minutes. That's every visit in memory for at least 5 years. She sees me every month even though I haven't changed medications in those 14 years. I'm tired of waiting at this point and we'll be looking for someone else.

November 16th, 2013
Don't Waste Your Time
Expect to wait at least half an hour before you see her and then be ready to reiterate everything that was discussed in the previous appointment. Several times, I had to tell her what medications I was taking and the dosages. Don't ever mention any side effects you're having or that you feel the medication is not working for you because she'll just dismiss it or up your dosage. I was on high doses of 4-5 different medications before I decided enough was enough and went to another doctor. I'm now on only one medication and it's working great. Lastly, if you're taking any benzodiazepines such as Klonopin or Ativan, she'll take you off of them even if you say that they're helping you . Basically, it's "her way or the highway."

October 10th, 2013
Former Patient for 3 Years
Having read all the other reviews, I can attest that they are all correct and accurate. The wait times are consistently 45-60 minutes late. She doesn't address or refer to anything that you've discussed in previous sessions---not that you can discuss too much in the 20 minutes allotted for your appointment. She takes your check (why doesn't her staff do that?) and hands you the receipt and she walks you back to the receptionist to make your next appointment and to accompany her next patient back to her office. It's an assembly line!! My primary doctor highly recommended her and was shocked, and a little annoyed, that I didnt feel she was helping me and that she was keeping me on meds with no end in sight. Needless to say, i found another doctor.

June 21st, 2012
Have patience, get your diagnosis, then find another doctor
While I find Dr. Sperazza to be a good diagnostician, her policies, appointments and billing department are not fun to deal with. A wait time for your appt. is (on average) 45-50 minutes, but I've waited as long as 2 hours for my appt. Her staff explains she sees many, many people in her day and won't rush any of them. (My guess is that with a husband who is an attorney located in the ajoining building) she needs to schedule as many appts. as possible to keep up with the Mercedes payments. Those poor people. Need a refill? Better not have tried to reschedule your previous appt. first...you'll only be given enough meds. to get you through until then. If it's a 3 day supply? It's a 3 day supply. It doesn't matter to them if the co-pay on your meds is the same for a 3 day or a 1 month. So...get diagnosed by her, then find another physician. Trust me.

March 27th, 2012
A Waste of Time
Dr. Sperazza suffers from chronic tardiness. Hopefully, your condition doesn't require immediate attention. Expect to wait a minimum of 45 minutes before being seen by the Doctor. You will be given prescriptions, but don't expect any compassion. Patients are put on an "assembly line". I wish I got a degree from the school she graduated from. She'll take your money and leave you feeling ripped off. Go elsewhere.

June 21st, 2010
Lacking goal
I began to see this psychiatrist at a time I was feeling depressed. Around 2003... This was my second battle with depression, and I knew what was in store for me. I merely picked the doctor out of the phone book. She was the first doctor that I found that was accepting new patients. The visits were pre-timed for 30 minutes. There was very little compassion, but thats not what I was looking for. She began a medication of anti-depressants. I went through a couple of different ones before I found one that worked and was with happy with it. I was having problems with sleep and given another prescription. She decided I had a hint of social anxiety and prescribed another pill. Every problem that came along I was merely given another prescription. Almost two years went by before I thought to myself, whats the game plan? My monthly visits seemed to be just me talking with no real input from her. It was more of a medication check than any sort of therapy. I was refered by a friend to another doctor, and his therapy was very against against medication. He believed medication was for a short period of time, which actually is whats recommended by all sources I found from the manufacturer and articles on the internet. His therapy was definitly more conversational and would ask questions.In conclusion, I feel that this is not a doctor that should be visited unless you are merely looking for medication. I hope this helps!

May 8th, 2009
Insufficient Time Spent with Patient
Never fail to wait in the waiting area for less than 1 hour. How can a psychiatrist be constantly behind schedule? Then, the office visit only lasts 20 minutes! How can a person possible relay any concerns/worries/frustrations in 20 minutes?! The next visit she doesn't refer to anything that was mentioned in the last visit. It's as if you're a new patient all over again. She gave me no tools to work through my problems and is determined to keep me on medications. When I complained about side effects, they fell on deaf ears. Would not recommnend her to anyone.

March 24th, 2008
Lacks compassion
This doctor is very cold and totally lacking in compassion. She doesn't diagnose problems accurately. She doesn't seem to be interested in getting to know patients either. I felt I was answeing a questionairre.