Dr. Dale Anderson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 28th, 2016
As an attorney I often recommend Dr Dale for young people when I see a need and he has always been caring and effective with his unique brand of cognitive therapy

July 23rd, 2015
Choose someone else.
First of all, expect to wait over an hour in their waiting area after your scheduled appointment time. Expect to awkwardly sit in a room with this man while he spends the majority of the time writing, reading and typing on the computer. If you forget to fill out the questionnaire, expect him to belittle you (even though he makes you wait over an hour past your appointment time!). When telling him of the side effects of any medications he's prescribed to you, expect him to act as if you were lying. Expect to be bait and switched if you are paying cash. Expect to be given a handout on breathing exercises that one surely has already tried numerous times before consulting the help of a professional. Now, this was my first experience with this type of speciality so I thought maybe this was supposed to be typical? After I obtained health insurance, I changed doctors. Upon visiting the new doctor, I found the experience completely different. I walked out confident that she understood my problem and it was being addressed. I only waited 10 minutes to get in, was talked to and respected as a person and the appointment went a lot quicker with more being done.

February 19th, 2015
a keeper
empathetic, engaging, informed, listens, retains, perceptive, open, interesting, flexible in charting results based treatment

July 30th, 2014
Good doctor but not for me
I WOULD RANK HIM 3.5 BUT THAT'S NOT AN OPTION. Yes, you will wait at your appointment time - be prepared. No, won't like your parking options. Yes, you'll fill out paperwork at each visit for assessment purposes (Ask him about it! I did and appreciated the quantitative analysis involved...) But overall, you'll be treated by a great guy, concerned, involved physician that knows his stuff....not much gets by him. And he will spend as much time with you as needed when it's YOUR turn. Also, he's NOT a "pill pusher:" I found the opposite to be true.. He's so into CBT for depression/anxiety, I nearly wanted to gag him every time he mentioned it! Other treatments/therapy modes are necessary for different folk. That's the one thing I'd want him to really and truly know... After seeing him for a few months, it just became apparent he wasn't "the one" for me. But that's fine. This isn't my first rodeo and like a music teacher, personal trainer, or beautician/barber so it is with doctors or counselors -- we gel with some better than others; there is no "one size fits all." Especially in psychiatry. But I was impressed by Anderson's follow up and how easy appointments were to schedule. He didn't prescribe and send me off for a visit three months down the line. He knew I was in crisis and saw me every month. I appreciated this as I was a new patient - how could he know how I was doing if he didn't see me? Also, he gave me words that helped me believe and know the onslaught of "allthatish" (my word, not his!) I was experiencing wasn't normal; my depression and anxiety colored my worldview and could be changed. Yessss! But ultimately, he wasn't the one to see that through.

October 7th, 2013
Very satisfied
One of the most thorough doctors I've encountered in the diagnosing process. He spent plenty of time carefully examining my issues to reach a clear course of treatment, which has already immensely improved my quality of life. He listens to concerns and feedback on follow up visits and works with you accordingly. These are all the things I expect in a good doctor and I am very grateful I've found them in Dr. A.

July 22nd, 2013
Patient
My theory to all these negative posts is that there is no "one size fits all" therapist. My experience, and i have been with him a couple months is that he was the most thorough doc i'd ever seen (seen about 5). First visit must have been an hr+. It seemed to me like the man wanted to genuinely help me. Fast forward a couple months his solution to my issues has worked plain and simple. So thank you Dr. Andersen. As for you guys who get annoyed when a Dr. Is late, let me tell you, they are busy and are constantly thinking even when they aren't working. Cut the guy some slack, or if your annoyed, stop bad-mouthing him on the internet and tell him yourself and see if he fixes it. And for the person waiting in line after me. Thanks for letting him know what is going on with me. I say he is a good dr. He has improved my life as good docs do.

March 29th, 2013
Baffling
I really don't know how this guy stays in business. Perpetually late, complete lack of compassion for his patients, and more interested in pills than talking.

February 18th, 2013
Wrong patient
After having to change my appointment 4 times, because he was so late he was still very late. Like my time doesn't matter. I filled out all the forms he has you fill out every visit. Without making any eye contact the entire vist, he proceeded to tell me how much worse I was. I thought I was doing quite well. Only when it was time for me to leave, he handed me my prescription. The name on the script was a totaly different pt. He didn't know who he been talking to. That was very disturbing. Maybe if he had looked at me once, he would have known who I was. But I really doubt that. Very cold.

September 7th, 2012
Awful
Just awful. This man lacks any sympathy.

June 10th, 2009
Always very concerned and helpful, will give you all the time you need.