General Practitioner, Internist, Pediatrician
9776 San Jose Blvd
Ste 1
Jacksonville, FL 32257
904-268-6725
Locations and availability (4)

|  show details
by Sherry McCance on May 26th, 2009

I have 3 children and have been with Dr. Zimmerman for 17+ years. My first child was premature, weighed 3 lbs, 1 oz, had a cleft palate and required a feeding tube when he was born 19 years ago. We visited several doctors offices to see which would be the best fit for a child with special needs and Dr. Zimmerman and his caring, friendly staff won us over right away. In any urgent situations, we are always able to see Dr. Zimmerman the same day we call or if he's not in, Dr. Susan White is always available and she is great as well. My son's teacher sent home a written recommendation that my son be prescribed Ritalin due to his disruptiveness and inability to sit still in class. We addressed our concerns with Dr. Zimmerman and instead of jumping on the Ritalin bandwagon, he suggested that we change my son's high calorie diet(due to slow weight gain) and track and monitor his behavior and weight closely before adding another medication to the list. The change in diet (along with some strict parent to child disciplining) helped school matters immensely without the need for drugs and for that I am truly grateful!Dr. Zimmerman is a gentle man, a true gentleman and a fantastic doctor. We are blessed to have found such a wonderful doctor to care for our children.