inactive

Dale Giolas MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Barrington, IL

November 8th, 2016
unethical practice
This doctor knowing that his license was possibly going to be suspended, called me in for an earlier appointment under the pretense that he would be on vacation and then wrote me a prescription that he knew would probably not be able to be filled. He did not give his patients any advanced notice and we found out when we called his office after the script was denied. Basically he wanted to charge for one more appointment to pay for legal fees.

August 29th, 2016
License Suspended
Terribly unproffesional. Got hus license suspended for unknown reasons, decided to not call any of hus patients to tell them. Patients had to find out for themselves when they tried to refill their vital prescription. His DEA number is revoked so no one can get the meds they needed. He completely screwed everyone over. Please avoid at all costs!!!!

July 7th, 2016
Great Dr. Very easy to talk to. Asks many questions to understand my symptoms. Highly recommend Dr. Giolas.

April 7th, 2016
Giolus helped me turn my life around during a time when I had lost hope. He truly cared about my well being and I truly felt cared for.

August 31st, 2012
Smart and speedy
Dr. Giolas is great! He is honest, upbeat, intuitive, knowledgeable, patient, and caring. I really appreciate his use of relayhealth.com to set up appointments and ask questions. He is always quick to respond. He is a lifesaver!

May 16th, 2011
Decent But this doctor is leading you down a path of forever medicated and this is no way to live. I recommend getting a second evaluation of his psychoactive medical treatments on a regular schedule . I think he is a good doctor to begin with you can trust and is just lacking a refined approach to the personal patient needs and giving a broad treatment and never looking back to look at where the patient is and adjusting the treatment. It is very diffucult to find a good Doc on all levels Giolas needs top refine his approach with long term clients . I also think the Health Care BIZ is a big part of this negative situation.

November 22nd, 2010
Avoid!
Dale Giolas was my psychiatrist from the age of 13 to 20. I first started seeing him following a traumatic incident. He misdiagnosed my PTSD as rapid cycling bipolar disorder. Over the next 7 years he prescribed over 25 different psychiatric medications. Sometimes I was taking as many as 7 drugs at once. I gained 140 pounds during the period of time that he was my psychiatrist and I was totally disabled by the last two years. Thanks to the help of a competent psychiatrist that I started seeing when I was 22, I am now completely off of psychiatric medication and my body has started to recover from the massive amounts of drugs Dale Giolas prescribed to me. Avoid this psychiatrist at all costs!

November 9th, 2010
DR. Giolas really helped me
I was in like a 2 year slump after meeting with DR. G I WAS PRESCRIBED A MEDICATION THAT REALLY WORKS FOR ME I AM NOW WORKING FORTY HOURS A WEEK HAVE NO MORE ANXIETY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY AM TRULY HAPPY WITH LIFE AND MY SELF

October 4th, 2010
great doctor
Saved my life.........many times

February 13th, 2010
Saved my life and my mothers
Dr. Giolas and Judy are the most compassinate people in the field of psyciatry and addiction bar none. I have been the best and most expensive impatiant rehab facilities and they were fantastic expiriences. But I was going every 6 months for 4 years straight I used Hazelden as a spin cycle. Dale giolas is a brilliant man, not only does he use the Minnesota Model of 12 step but he also forms a non bias team with you I have 2 years bc of Dr.

December 30th, 2009
He has been and is currently the best Doctor for Psychiatry that I have ever seen.