inactive

Dale J Giolas MD Patient Reviews

November 8th, 2016
unethical practice
This doctor knowing that his license was possibly going to be suspended, called me in for an earlier appointment under the pretense that he would be on vacation and then wrote me a prescription that he knew would probably not be able to be filled. He did not give his patients any advanced notice and we found out when we called his office after the script was denied. Basically he wanted to charge for one more appointment to pay for legal fees.

September 13th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor all around
I've been seeing Dr. Giolas for a number of years now and have nothing but good things to say about him. He's an excellent doctor, who I absolutely credit for helping me overcome my own battle with addiction. I wouldn't have been able to without his help and advise. I highly recommend him to anyone needing help In their own battle with addiction.

September 2nd, 2016
Dr. Giolas
Hello to all existing & yes...future patients of Dr. Giolas!!! I'm a patient! I've been with Dr. Giolas for about eight years. He provides care for me, family & extended family as needed. Dr. "G" (as we refer to him) is a thorough provider of mental health services, including addiction issues for some members of the family. He takes his time to assess our needs, explain treatment plans to our understanding & interviews other family members when it adds value. There are mental health issues generationlly in my family & many other families with the same needs out there. So please hear...I've spent decades caring for family members with various levels of mental health issues. My experience with psychiatry, the doctors & insurance has had its challenges! (We all know that is an under-statement.) NOT with Dr "G"! We are experiencing the most successful outcomes on many levels of care in our family. I'm currently unaware of the issues surrounding Dr. G at this time! However, I am confidently standing by Dr. Giolas along with others until his return! Upon Dr. Giolas's return, do not hesitate to invite him into your care and/or your family's care! You will see the difference this man makes! Take care everyone!

August 29th, 2016
License Suspended
Terribly unproffesional. Got hus license suspended for unknown reasons, decided to not call any of hus patients to tell them. Patients had to find out for themselves when they tried to refill their vital prescription. His DEA number is revoked so no one can get the meds they needed. He completely screwed everyone over. Please avoid at all costs!!!!

July 12th, 2016
Caring and wise Doctor of Psychiatry
Correctly Diagnosed me and 3 of my children as having ADHD. Worked with me over the past 18 years to evaluate new medications as they were developed and came on to the market. Dr Giolas worked with my kids to maximize their high school and college performance. Resulting in successful careers in finance for one and doctorate degrees for the other two. I find Dr Giolas to be a very caring and wise medical practitioner.

July 7th, 2016
Great Dr. Very easy to talk to. Asks many questions to understand my symptoms. Highly recommend Dr. Giolas.

April 7th, 2016
Giolus helped me turn my life around during a time when I had lost hope. He truly cared about my well being and I truly felt cared for.

January 6th, 2015
I've been seeing Dr. Giolas since 2000 & he's been the best.

August 29th, 2014
victim of Dr Giolas egotistical attitude
I have never been treated rudely by a Dr in my life. This was not my first or second visit with Dr Giolas either. He started out our appointment by him wrongfully accusing me of buying and selling illegal drugs. After denying his accusation he goes back to his computer to find that it was a different patient. He never looked at me to apologize. Then I was accused of being too slow. His attitude the entire appointment was completely unprofessional. I came to him seeking help. He is straightforward. His bedside manners are as cold as ice. Not the kind of Dr you need when you are trying so hard to change. Another review shows he had a relationship with a patient. They later married had kids and a divorce. If dr Giolas gives you his cell phone he will tell you to erase it because his girlfriend does not like those calls. To anyone looking for a caring doctor that will treat you like a human and not a drug addict who just crawled out of the rock it's been under. This is not funny. When you are looking for help to change I know how you feel and I wish you the best. I never thought as a kid that I want to be an addict. May you find the peace you have been looking for. Unfortunately Dr Giolas was nothing but a set back for me.

May 6th, 2013
Great Psychiatrist
Dr. Giolas has been my Doctor for 3 years...and through an unbelievable amount of difficult issues, he has always been attentive, available, sympathetic, and very very clear/direct about what it takes to improve my medical situation. He's extremely knowledgable, and puts alot of emphasis on the importance of open and honest communication. He's a straight-shooter and I'm thankful he's my doctor.

March 25th, 2013
THE BEST HEAD DOCTOR EVER!!!
I have a lot of problems, I mean a lot... too many physical and mental issues; Chronic pain, depression, agoraphobia, ADD, and another condition I recently and finally faced, accepted, diagnosed, and being treated for. My life has been a nightmare the past decade. I've seen 3 psychiatrists, 4 psychologist, a social worker since I was 15. I was never treated like a patient with the majority of them. And when it came to medications, I was over treated for one thing but not for the other. I gave up. Decided not to see any head doctors anymore, ESPECIALLY PSYCHIATRISTS. Later last year, my PM doctor felt like I needed to be evaluated for continued treatment because I was having trouble dealing with pain to the point where I became depressed; no sleep, focus, ambition, emotion...heck, no purpose at all. I was a shut in. Lost friends. The way I acted made me less desirable to be around. The phone stopped ringing, unless it was a debt collector calling because I actually had NO AMBITION to scribble down a check, lick the envelope, put a stamp on the flipside, write the addresses, and actually walk 20 lousy feet to the mail box...I couldn't even go outside for a few seconds to use the mail box! And didn't know why. Not only were my relationships with my family and friends disintegrated by each day, but so did my job after 5 long years. So I thank fate for me having this agonizing, physical, and absolutly dreadful pain from problems I was born with because my PM Doc referred me to this great man, Dr. Dale Giolas. After my first appointment I left extremely confused. I really didn't know that a psychiatrist had the ability to talk to a patient about anything else besides medications and medical history. I guess I was misled by the three prior... Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised... Keep in mind this was only supposed to be a evaluation for my other doctor. But him and his "all powerful gatekeeper" Judy were so welcoming, down to earth people I actually felt happy and hopeful for the first time in over a decade after a thirty minute non rushed appointment. What I like about Dr Giolas is his character. He does not B.S. at all which is quite refreshing especially when it comes to doctors. I am explained in detail what my options are along with the benefits and the risks of different medicines. I never feel pressured to take medication "A" over medicine "B," he knows my job situation and he works within my budget to best treat me. I had an issue with a medication; couldn't sleep for a few days straight, I called him and left a voicemail telling him about my sleeping problem. He called me back 5 minutes later. And personally scheduled me an appointment that afternoon. What kind of a doctor is he??? He is a great one!!! I've seen Dr Giolas for more than 6 months, and my outlook on life in general has changed completely. I feel hope. I know this condition that I have will never go away, but I have every reason to be optimistic. All because of a small and caring group of people in my life; my family, my friends, and my psychiatrist Dr Giolas whom I consider to be not just a "head doctor," but also a very important tool, resource, and advocate.

August 31st, 2012
Smart and speedy
Dr. Giolas is great! He is honest, upbeat, intuitive, knowledgeable, patient, and caring. I really appreciate his use of relayhealth.com to set up appointments and ask questions. He is always quick to respond. He is a lifesaver!