Dr. Dale Helman MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

April 8th, 2017
The kind of doctor you wish all your doctor's were like!
If not on time, you are seen early. Dr. Helman discusses the medical issues with you, not talking down to you or in an out to the next patient

March 7th, 2017
Very thorough.
Dr. Helman is a very thorough neurologist when it comes talking to his patients, asking questions and doing an examination. He also takes the time to explain what he is doing and what he maybe looking for. Makes sure you get the proper tests done.

July 21st, 2016
Awesome Doc

August 26th, 2015
Dr. Helman
Dr. Helman is a wonderful doctor. He is professional and he talks to you , he doesn't talk down to you like you're an idiot. He explains in terms you can understand and he is willing to answer all your questions regardless to how trite they may seem (to you). His objective is to make you well and he works with you to get those results.

August 12th, 2014
Great Doctor & Friend
Dr. Dale is a great Doctor. He is always helpful and goes that extra mile to help his Patients.

November 13th, 2013
Fantastic Doctor who explains things well
Dr. Helman is an amazing Doctor. He spends time with Patients and explains things, so the person can understand. He is very caring and wants only what is best for the Patient.

March 5th, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Helman
My PCP referred me to Dr. Helman and my husband and I were very pleased with Dr.Helman himself as well as his staff. The girls at the front desk were very courteous and accomodating. In fact, they even looked up and printed out information on the internet for me that was not related to my office visit. I have had 2 appointments at the Salinas office and have a third scheduled next month. I would highly recommend Dr.Helman because he is very knowledgable, caring, understanding, has a wonderful bedside manner, takes his time during my office visits and is overall a very likeable person. Although I haven't had to wait to see him for more than 10 minutes, I would wait longer. If he is running behind, it means he is spending time with another patient to make sure their needs are met; therefore,if needed, he would spend extra time with me to make sure I leave his office fully understanding my problem(s), our next course of action, and reassuring me that he is doing everything humanly possible to help me be healthy again.

May 14th, 2012
Ridiculous
First off the staff is horrible both in person and over the phone. Sometimes you think Oh I just got someone frustrated and the in office experiance will be better? well it wasn't the girls sitting at the front desk were more interested in their weekend and their cell phones then making sure that they had all the correct information, they are in such a hurry to get you away from the window or counter so they can get back to their conversation.The Doctor himself is very nice seems to be interested in whats going on but with the amount of time he spends in the room I dont see how he can even begin to understand? I brought copys of all my records and recent studies and he still ordered more? I refused because my insurance wont cover.. ?? Over all it wasnt the care I was expecting, nor do I wish to return I cooled off and called the following week to speak with a supervisor or manager and she was just as un-interested and numb to my complaints as the rest of the staff. For as Higly as this Doctor comes recomended it was a complete dissapointment and the structer at that office needs to be looked at. - dissapointed

May 1st, 2012
Very happy with the Doctor
So Dr. Helman is a wonderful person and a great doctor. I was very happy that he really seemed worried about my pain and wanted to get to the bottom of it asap! He goes through explainations very clearly and professionally. He always asks if you need any further information and makes sure that once explained you understand what is going on, what is going to happen next and plans out step by step insructions for you. I think the only thing that I was a tad bit unhappy about was getting the proper paperwork to the correct places for referrals. I feel I had to make way to many phone calls to the office to get the referrals sent. Also, the phone system is not very "patient friendly" meaning when you call the only option if you are not making an appointment is to leave a message. There is no option to speak to someone during the phone call and they do not return phone calls in a timely manner! Other than that, I would really recommend Dr. Helman only because when you do get to see him that headache it may take is worth it in the end;)

March 30th, 2012
I can't believe this doctors office and i 'm just getting started after the first visit. It took me just three weeks to get an appointment. I called yesterday and called today and still no return call. I went in to the Monterey office at 4:33 today Thursday and they were already gone left two minutes ago. They waste no time when it's time to leave. Yesterday Wednesday I went before 4:30. The doctor had an emergency and the whole office closed early. The doctor is only in the Monterey office Wednesday and Thursay. The other days are spent in Salinas. So if you have lots of time and energy to do the repeating calling and the foot work then this doctor is for you.

February 21st, 2012
I feel that the fees are to high for the services provided (maybe because I have to do all the phone and leg work that the staff normally should do). The doctor has a great personality and I hear he is good (he is yet to find the root of my problem and fix it) but his office staff is absolutely awful. They are completely unprofessional and unwilling to help or handle the task properly. Dr. H is great, his staff - I just wish they were not there

January 21st, 2012
My highest respect and praise--as long as within short time frame. But original process collapsed over following weeks to months...Poor follow-through dealing with medication procurement, multiple important forms "lost". Either problems originated with doctor, or his staff--I'm not sure whether doctor is "captain". I almost wish I had gone/trusted in someone else.