Dr. Dale Hsieh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dale Hsieh?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 20th, 2016

Best Psychiatrist I've Ever Seen

He works with you to find a solution that works for you as an individual. He takes the time to explain in great detail what different types of medicines do/how they work. He responds to emails quickly and thoroughly, and has impeccable bedside manner. I hope I never have to move because I doubt I'll be able to find another psychiatrist that measures up to him. :p

October 14th, 2014

Great doctor!

I got referred to this doctor by one of my friends. I always suspected I had ADHD and Dr. Hsieh confirmed it. My life has radically changed for the better and I'm very glad I got into his practice. I see him 4 times per year and it could be any easier. He is easy to talk to, easy to get a hold off, and all together nice guy. Wouldn't goto anyone else.

May 1st, 2014

Good man

Dr. Hsieh is exactly how everyone describes him and more. He's well-spoken, down-to-earth, and extremenly knowledgeable about his profession. In particular, he's not what I would describe as an old-school psychiatrist who is determined on continuing to give you medications that you constantly complain to them about the serious side effects, only to be shrugged off, shuffled out, and scheduled for another appointment. This is not Dr. Hsieh; on my first visit, for example, he switched me to a medication (Trileptal) that to this day has been one of the best I have ever taken with very few--if any--side effects. I am feeling better by the day, yet no other doctor had ever recommended it. I was immediately impressed. He also takes his time with you and is genuinely interested in your progression both on the medication and in your personal / professional live. I used to look forward to our appointments. I also admittedly was not the easiest patient at times due to how I was feeling, and Dr. Hsieh still treated me with full respect just like he always had. If you are looking for psychiatric care in Austin (which quite frankly, seems a bit lacking overall), I highly recommend him. The process for scheduling an appointment could not be easier either. He knows his profession, his medicines, and his clients, and is an asset to the community of those in need.

May 7th, 2012

Amazing doctor

January 12th, 2012

Don't take mah doctor away !

Dr. Hsieh is one of a kind - that's for sure. He is the most down to earth doctor I've ever been to and not only does he take care of his duties as my doctor .... he makes our appt. time enjoyable... I've never had a visit where I didn't spend at least 10 minutes laughing. He's flexible, totally willing to consider your input and doesn't just dismiss your ideas, and super easy to be honest with. Best psychiatrist ever!

November 11th, 2011

Best Psychiatrist Ive ever found

July 14th, 2011

Everything you read about Dr Hsieh is true. Wouldn't go to anyone else!

December 6th, 2010

What a wonderful doctor...

Dr. Hsieh is a wonderful psychiatrist. He shows great interests in his patients. Great listener, thoughtful evaluation, empathetic. He is outgoing and is it obvious that he loves his work and cares about his patients. I highly recommend him!

October 26th, 2010

Impressed.

I've been struggling with depression for several years and my family has been on my case for sometime to get help. I finally saw Dr. Hsieh and was extremely uncomfortable at first with having to open someone and be "analyzed" however he made me feel very comfortable and helped me to understand what I was going through and gave me hope that it will get better. I no longer felt like a "crazy" person, just someone struggling with some issues and I finally have the resources to get help. Thank you Dr. Hsieh..

September 23rd, 2010

Dr. Hsieh

Dr. Hsieh is the single best Psychiatrist I've ever seen or even heard of. In fact he's the best Doctor of any kind I've had the pleasure of knowing.Dr. Hsieh was recommended to me by the Psychiatric staff at Shoal Creek Hospital in Austin. There are many Psychiatrists that they could recommend but Dr. Hsieh is on their short list and the ONE that they recommended to me.I'm 67 years old, a retired Mechanical Engineer, an Electro-Mechanical Designer and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I have seen other Psychiatrists in Austin for over 30 years and have been, by and large, disappointed with their overall quality of treatment, "bedside" manner, level of interest in me personally as well as my treatment needs.Some of the things I particularly like about Dr. Hsieh are his enthusiasm about his profession, his curiosity and optimisn about being able to help with my contion and the amount of time he is willing to spend fully understanding what is the best treatment he can recommend.When I asked his appointment clerk for a longer appointment than usual, she mentioned that Dr. Hsieh typically allows 15 to 20 minutes for followup appointments rather than the 10 to 15 minutes other Psychiatrists typically allow. This indicates to me that Dr. Hsieh is more interested in the "right answer" than the "quick answer".One of the most impressive qualities I admire in Dr. Hseih is the warm, friendly and natural human caring qualities that just seem to radiate from his personality. He is the polar opposite of the psychiatrists (and other doctors) who have a more clinical and detached manner about them. I have never felt like Dr. Hsieh was in a hurry to get through with my appointment and see his next client.From the very first time I met him and his staff I felt like I was among friends. His intake nurse is a 25 year veteran psychiatric nurse who is also on the Shoal Creek staff. She must have spent an hour with me on that first intake visit. From the moment I met her I felt a natural warmth and sincere interest that I only get from long time trusted friends. I felt completely free to share my "history" with her. Dr. Hsieh also radiates these same qualities that garner trust and friendship. They both share a passionate love for and a deep understanding of their chosen professions.My only hesitation about my honest description of Dr. Hsieh is that I fear some who read this will think that it is an exaggerated, positive impression... as if I were looking at my experiences with him through "rose colored glasses". I fear that some may tend to dismiss some of what I have written, thinking "Nobody can be that good".All I can say to people who think my impressions of Dr. Hsieh are overstated is, "I didn't believe I'd ever find a Doctor like this either." After 30 some odd years of good, mediocre and poor experiences with the Medical/Psychiatric community, I had given up hope that I'd ever find someone that is truly exceptional. But, I was proven wrong... Dr. Hsieh is just as I describe him...truly exceptional.If you dismiss my evaluation of Dr. Hsieh as being unrealistically positive, all I can say is that it will be your loss if you choose not to see him."No, Martha I can't honestly tell you that there is a Santa Clause. But I can tell you that there really are Psychiatrists like Dr. Hsieh.

September 11th, 2010

Best of the Best

Dr. Hsieh is the best of the best. He really listens to you and is careful in his thought process of diagnosing and directing your care.

September 8th, 2010

Professional, courteous and helpful

I was very pleased with Dr. Hsieh and highly reccomend him.