Dr. Dale Matthews Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dale Matthews?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Dale Matthews?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 31st, 2015

Very Good Physician!

A kind and considerate physician who examines the patient thoroughly and takes the time to explain symptoms and cures.

August 21st, 2015

Former patient of over 10 years

Dr. Mathews is the most kind, sincere & knowledgeable doctors I've ever been a patient of. If I still lived in DC I would still be his patient. He sends handwritten follow up notes.

August 4th, 2015

Got questions? Wonder about the options? Ask Dr. Matthews.

Knowledgeable; thinks through and discusses the options; open to questions; great navigator -- serves the role of a primary care doctor in an outstanding way!

April 17th, 2015

Good Doctor!

You feel as though you are in good hands with Dr. Matthews.

February 6th, 2014

Former patient

Dr. Matthews was my internist. He's very conscientious and listens intently to his patients, Whatever ailment he diagnoses you're guaranteed a physician who will give you the full scope of his expertise.as well as treat you with dignity.

November 18th, 2013

Excellent Physician

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Matthews. I have sent friends and colleagues to him, because he is not only an excellent internist, but he is compassionate, personable, respectful and unfailingly kind. He also has a great sense of humor which helps when people are sick and feeling vulnerable. His genuine concern for his patients is obvious in his manner of care. He has the respect of patients and colleagues, alike. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Matthews as my primary care physician. If I ever had to hear bad news about my health, he's the one I'd want to hear it from.

May 9th, 2013

Dr. Matthews is Simply the Best

Simply the best -Doctor I have ever been to in 56 years of life. Dr. Matthews is caring, compassionate and knows his patients, Other Dr.'s have so much respect for Dr. Matthews at the mere mention of his name. I trust his diagnosis as well as any specialist he has referred me to. I was scheduled to have a Cardiac catheterization and I was so fearful, sitting in Dr. Matthews office I expressed my fear and tears came to my eyes (and I don't cry that easy) but Dr. Matthews reminded me the God did not give us the spirit of fear and to pray. I appreciated that so much as he went on to say He was praying for me as well. I know this is selfish of me but I pray he never retires.

October 8th, 2012

A wonderful doctor

I highly recommend Dr. Matthews. He is a caring, warm, very personable doctor and gentleman. What impressed me the most about Dr. Matthew's is relationship with his patients. He greets every patient by name in the waiting room, not a physician's assistant. Every visit starts in his office It is only after having having a full conversation, during which he catches up with the patient from his last visit and then understanding the patient's current situation, do he and the patient move to the examination room. If I lived in the McLean/Tyson's/Vienna area, I would continue to be his patient.

August 30th, 2012

Amazing bedside manner

June 26th, 2012

Great doctor

My husband and I have been seeing members of the Washington Internists Group for over 30 years. As one doctor in the group would retire we would move to the next. We started seeing Dr. Matthews about 10 years ago, and have found him to be one of the best of what has always been a good group practice. He has now moved his practice to McLean, which is inconvenient as we live close to downtown DC, but we decided to follow him to his new practice because we're more than satisfied with his care.

September 27th, 2011

Expensive/No Follow Up

After the exam, I got the results of my blood test by email. I wrote back with a question about a reading that wasn't covered in his email, but that would vbe relevant to my pre-diabetic condition. He never repsonded. For a doctor as expensive as he is, who does not take insurance, this is particularly unacceptable.

Doctor's Response

I am very sorry to hear about this problem. Please provide more specifics. I do not recall the situation and am very surprised that you did not get an answer to your question. I would be glad to respond to the concern now if you would like.

SHOW

June 20th, 2011

Absolutely the best doctor I've ever had!!!

I absolutely love Dr. Matthews. He's everything you want in an internist and his office is extremely nice. Whenever I have an urgent matter, his office always manages to squeeze me in. Dr. Matthews is not only professional and really good at what he does, but he is seriously one of the nicest doctors I've had the pleasure of being a patient of.