Dale A Matthews, MD
6862 Elm St
Ste 600
Mc Lean, VA 22101
703-992-0649
Locations and availability (1)

|  Former patient  |  show details
by Melissa Taylor on Feb 5th, 2014

Dr. Matthews was my internist. He's very conscientious and listens intently to his patients, Whatever ailment he diagnoses you're guaranteed a physician who will give you the full scope of his expertise.as well as treat you with dignity.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Kathleen Corcoran on Nov 18th, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Matthews. I have sent friends and colleagues to him, because he is not only an excellent internist, but he is compassionate, personable, respectful and unfailingly kind. He also has a great sense of humor which helps when people are sick and feeling vulnerable. His genuine concern for his patients is obvious in his manner of care. He has the respect of patients and colleagues, alike. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Matthews as my primary care physician. If I ever had to hear bad news about my health, he's the one I'd want to hear it from.

|  Dr. Matthews is Simply the Best  |  show details
by Wanda Hayes on May 9th, 2013

Simply the best -Doctor I have ever been to in 56 years of life. Dr. Matthews is caring, compassionate and knows his patients, Other Dr.'s have so much respect for Dr. Matthews at the mere mention of his name. I trust his diagnosis as well as any specialist he has referred me to. I was scheduled to have a Cardiac catheterization and I was so fearful, sitting in Dr. Matthews office I expressed my fear and tears came to my eyes (and I don't cry that easy) but Dr. Matthews reminded me the God did not give us the spirit of fear and to pray. I appreciated that so much as he went on to say He was praying for me as well. I know this is selfish of me but I pray he never retires.

|  A wonderful doctor  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Matthews. He is a caring, warm, very personable doctor and gentleman. What impressed me the most about Dr. Matthew's is relationship with his patients. He greets every patient by name in the waiting room, not a physician's assistant. Every visit starts in his office It is only after having having a full conversation, during which he catches up with the patient from his last visit and then understanding the patient's current situation, do he and the patient move to the examination room. If I lived in the McLean/Tyson's/Vienna area, I would continue to be his patient.

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Amazing bedside manner

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

My husband and I have been seeing members of the Washington Internists Group for over 30 years. As one doctor in the group would retire we would move to the next. We started seeing Dr. Matthews about 10 years ago, and have found him to be one of the best of what has always been a good group practice. He has now moved his practice to McLean, which is inconvenient as we live close to downtown DC, but we decided to follow him to his new practice because we're more than satisfied with his care.

|  Expensive/No Follow Up  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

After the exam, I got the results of my blood test by email. I wrote back with a question about a reading that wasn't covered in his email, but that would vbe relevant to my pre-diabetic condition. He never repsonded. For a doctor as expensive as he is, who does not take insurance, this is particularly unacceptable.

Doctor's Response

I am very sorry to hear about this problem. Please provide more specifics. I do not recall the situation and am very surprised that you did not get an answer to your question. I would be glad to respond to the concern now if you would like.

|  Absolutely the best doctor I've ever had!!!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Matthews. He's everything you want in an internist and his office is extremely nice. Whenever I have an urgent matter, his office always manages to squeeze me in. Dr. Matthews is not only professional and really good at what he does, but he is seriously one of the nicest doctors I've had the pleasure of being a patient of.

|  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

Have seen him 2 times Thought he was very good Husband has had a couple of visits and liked him also. He has a very good and kind way with his patients. The office staff is excellent from the manager on down the line. The lab help couldnt be any better.