Dr. Dale Whitaker MD Patient Reviews

• 11 reviews

September 7th, 2016
Smart man and great guy! Would recommend to everyone!
Took extra time. Always listened to what my questions were. Most of all did a great job on my difficult surgeries. Can't thank him enough!

December 7th, 2015
Dr. Whitaker is the BEST Orthopedic Doctor there is. He is AWESOME, KIND, and GENTLE.

August 31st, 2015
Don't use him as your surgeon.
I was afraid of having a Total Knee Replacement, but Dr. Whitaker talked me into it, even though he made a point to tell me about my weight at each visit. I did the Pre-Surgery Class, which made it sound like we would be treated like royalty after surgery. After the surgery, I saw him once a day and he didn't want to discuss pain levels and was just obnoxious. I've had trouble with the knee since (It's been over 3 years). The last time I went to him, he said he didn't know what the problem was, and there was nothing more he could do. JOI was suppose to set up yearly check-ups on the knee, it's been over 3 years, and not once has anyone from that office called.

June 30th, 2015
Do you want top shelf ?
I'm a big guy with large legs and he still took me on with the anterior method. Some doctors won't and you have to have cut mussels. Will recommend to friends and family.

April 6th, 2015
If you want the best surgeon for your replacement Dr Whitaker is the one to pick. He took the time to talk with me before I scheduled surgery. I had both of my knees replaced at the same time and he is one of the few that will do this. Both of my knees were in bad shape. I have had no problems with my knee recovery. Been a month and walking around doing great.

October 27th, 2014
almost complete disregard toward "younger crowd",and/or extremely judgmental on personal traits.

February 15th, 2014
Coudn't have cared less
He actually told me I could get a second opinion (Like I didn't know that)? and sent me on my way after PT that didn't work. I think he thought I wanted drugs. What I wanted was for him to DO HIS JOB and find out what was wrong. I finally found a good dr. who found out I needed a total hip replacement and have been fine ever since. I would not recommend him unless you are a Jacksonville Jaguar. Then he and his colleagues seem to care,

December 25th, 2013
NO WAY......
.........would I ever go back to this man. Such ARROGANCE! He was not willing to go that extra mile to help me. He was distracted and seemed suspicious I only wanted drugs which I never one time asked for. He simply did not care and dismissed me on my third visit with, "You are welcome to get a second opinion" as he walked out of the room with his back to me. I don't need HIS permission to do that. I found a wonderful dr. who has stopped my pain with minimal drugs that are watched and I will soon be off of. I am so grateful. Never would I go back to Dr. Whitaker or JOI.

December 11th, 2011
I was referred to JOI and was fortunate to be given Dr Whitaker as my attending doctor. He has always been courteous, professional and caring in my dealings with him. He answers my questions w/o making me feel rushed or that I am a bother or that he is in a hurry. I have enjoyed my association with him and his staff

September 2nd, 2011
Best Orthopatdic in Jacksonville

August 10th, 2011
This physician has a rotten bedside manner..he is flippant, arrogant, & bored with patients who aren't "NFL Playahs". Also had no concern for degree of pain patient endures -- it seems to annoy him. Would NEVER recommend this very childish "man" to ANYONE. He spends approximately 3-5 minutes with patient. Then they want $100. for that 3-5 minutes. Profit is the name of this guy's game.