Overall Review

2.8

March 1st, 2016
Bad Doctor
Rarely do I write a review for a physician as I feel it's called medical "practice" for a reason, but I feel this merited any potential patient getting full disclosure on what to expect with this doctor. For sake of time I will start In reverse and say that I finally was diagnosed with severe acid reflux that I've apparently had my whole life (I'm 41), given the proper medicine (a widely prescribed high dose reflux med), and my life has changed tremendously for the better because of it. Unfortunately Dr. Whitebloom was not the one who even came close to this diagnosis after being referred to him by an ear, nose, and throat doctor. My pulmonologist figured this out and we were both dumbfounded how Dr. Whitebloom whiffed on a diagnosis of I would imagine he would give to 80% of his patients. The pulmonologist's response was that everyone has a bad day, but I feel this bad day could have been avoided. Dr. Whitebloom was sent an MRI of my internal organs to which he focused an unusual and unnecessary amount of time. He focused on a scar on my liver that I acquired playing college football. I explained to him that doctors at the time of this injury told me I would have this scar the rest of my life and causes no harm (it will always look that way on an MRI). I tried explaining this to him to get him on the right path, but he felt the need to call the radiologist to talk it through with him. After confirming that was not the culprit, he dismissed the rest of the visit saying he couldn't help me. I had developed a severe cough from the reflux, my weight had dropped substantially and I was seeing different specialist doctors for 6 months (had to wait 1 month to see him). I was not resting properly and my business was suffering. Another month went by and I went back to the pulmonologist who was dumbfounded that this doctor did not do more extensive probing or testing for ACID REFLUX that at that time was ruining my life. (This condition had been prescribed as asthma 25 years ago). How did the pulmonologist know? He simply said try this reflux medication and see if it helps. Why this did not occur to a doctor who designates this as his specialty is beyond me. If you want a doctor who genuinely wants to get to the bottom of what your ailment is, please avoid this one at all costs. If I can spare someone the unnecessary agony of what I went through, writing this review will be well worth it.

March 19th, 2015
Wonderful Dr.

October 15th, 2012
I've had good experiences with Dr Whitebloom and his staff,he put me right at ease with my concerns