Dr. Daljit Bal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 7th, 2016
Excellent
Dr Bal is great. I've seen his twice, super bed side manner. Everyone on his staff is wonderful. I was in and out for a procedure in less than 30 minutes. Fantastic. Go see him.

September 16th, 2016
Arrived 15 minutes early but was taken right on time. Colonoscopy was quick and staff was very easy to work with. Have no reservations about using this doctor again!

May 24th, 2016
Horrible Exp.
I went to Dr Bal for an Endocope. I had had one b4 so I knew what I should expect. I passed out when they tryed to put the IV in, for over 2 minutes, woke up sweating, my daughter told them I was too sick for the procedure, they wheeled me in anyway, woke up in terrible pain i had not had b4 would up in the ER had a UTI, Kidney stone, had thrown up many times. Did call the Dr they told me to go to the ER, this was Friday, it is now Tuesday have not heard a thing from the office.

May 1st, 2016
Office Staff not Professional
I will not continue to go to this office.The office staff is not professional.I requested a prescription refill from my pharmacy.The Dr needed to be contacted so pharmacy contacted the office through fax and phone.Dr. Bals office never responded.I called numerous times and every time I called, I had to explain what was going on because there weren’t notes on calls from me or pharmacy.This went on for 2 weeks.I got frustrated and told the staff member who answered the phone that I was frustrated and that something needed to happen.I was transferred to someone else to be told that a pre authorization claim needed to be submitted to my insurance.This was the first time I heard this.Rachel (staff member that takes care of claims) would submit the claim and I would be contacted within a week.A week passes and nothing.I contacted my insurance after a couple of days and they said a claim was never put in and if it was it would show right away.I called Rachel back and she argued with me that she had put in the claim.I called my insurance back and they assured me there was nothing in and if Rachel should call and get this taken care of because as of then there was nothing being processed.I called Rachel back and she said she had already done her part and I needed to wait.I explained to her nothing was being processed and if I could call the claim in, I would have done so but this was something they needed to take care of. In a frustrated tone, Rachel said she had already put the claim through and rushed me off the phone.I called my insurance back and explained how this was frustrating.The insurance member put me on hold and said she was not supposed to but she was going to call Rachel.Within 5 minutes the claim was put through BY MY INSURANCE.My insurance had got a hold of Rachel and she had no choice but to talk to my insurance and get the claim in.I have left at least 5 messages for the office manager- Mrs. Bal- to speak about this issue and no response as of now.This happened about 2 months ago.I would not recommend going to this Dr because of the office staff

March 3rd, 2016
He took the time to write several letters to my insurance company fighting to get my treatmet for Hep C approved. He worked very hard for me and I am so appreciative..I am cured!!!

November 3rd, 2015
Billing Issues....
Overall Dr. Bal was alright at discussing and listening to my issues, and his new PA Lashawn is much better than those in the past he had, but I would recommend due to the insurance and billing issues I've had. I asked for the medical codes for both the colonoscopy and endoscopy I had done to check with my insurances to see what would be covered, yet on the day of when I arrived for my colonoscopy (after fasting and using laxatives for a day and a half) that the anesthesiology may not be covered by my insurance..Well I was not about to fast and take laxatives again so I got the stuff done. I was not informed of this prior to my procedure at all and received a bill later on for over $500. Some of which my insurance was able to help pay for. In addition, I received a bill from a Cohen Dermatopathology place that I suppose did the pathology tests on the biopsies taken, which also was not fully covered by my insurance for $150. I was not informed of either of these things prior to my colonoscopy and endoscopy, even though I tried to be as informed as possible by asking for the medical coding that would be charged for these procedures. Not informing patients of these charges feels more like fraud than receiving medical assistance so it was very disappointing to get these bills months after my procedures. If you do go here, make sure to ask about all of the procedures being done including how they will bill the anesthesia and the pathology reports for biopsies, and be sure to get ALL procedures that will be billed and their medical codes, I thought I had done so but unfortunately I was not informed by their staff of these other procedures that get billed outside of Dr. Bal's office. I've spoken to their billing staff about this this and if you go and discuss this with them maybe they will improve over time, but for now I'd recommend other GI offices until they fix these billing/insurance issues.

May 26th, 2015
Can't rate the staff, computer system was down and any difficulty was not their fault. Dr. was so organized with my treatment. I felt like I was in the best hands possible. He is not a pill pusher, he strives to find the cause and then treat it.

January 21st, 2015
Dr Bal is one of the worst GI docs in the valley. He barely took 5 minutes with me and then billed by insurance $500. I called the office inregards to the bill and dealt with his wife who was so rude. Stay away from this clinic...

July 1st, 2014
I went to see Dr Bal after seeing three other gastroenterologists. The others could not help me with the correct diagnosis. Dr. Bal listened and did the correct tests to solve my problem quickly. I loved his staff and the fact that he did procedures right in his office s I did not have to go to a hospital. Thanks dr. Bal!

July 1st, 2014
dr bal is a very caring physician who helped my mother through a horrible time. He has great bedside manner and is very professional. Right from the time i entered the pffice till our procedure was completed in his office, the staff and dr bal guided us through. highly recommend this doctor!

April 23rd, 2014
Horrible experience
Dr. Bal was condescending and made me feel like I was wasting his time. He ordered a test to be done and referred me to another specialist. His office staff does not return calls to patients, insurance companies and to other physicians offices. Due to the staff not following up on my upcoming test, it was put off nearly 3 weeks and the new specialist had to step in and was able to get it done within a day. It was like once he referred me to someone else, his patient care and the staff's patient care went out the door.

January 22nd, 2011
bedside manner
Overall it was a waste of time