Ophthalmologist, Physician and EyeSurgeon
3570 College St
Ste 100
Beaumont, TX 77701
409-833-9797
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Diabetic Eye Doctor  |  show details
by Jacques Gagne' on May 22nd, 2013

I highly reccomend Dr Luviano for any patients sufering from Diabetes. He has a great knowledge of how the disease affects the eyes and is good at explaining this to the patient.

May 18th, 2013

Dr. Louviano did cataract surgery on both of my mother-in-law's eyes. He is very thorough in his examinations. He is easy to talk to and takes his time to answer all questions we may have. Recently found out my mom and dad also are patients of Dr. Louviano.

|  What A Doctor !!!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

This Dr. is a good guy, he has great bed side manners , his patient with the patients is Loving and dearing.His office staff is courtesy and professional all the time . The wait time is not long at all. I'm Happy he is my Doctor.

|  great doc  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

He is a great doctor he is very nice i have no problems with him at all.

|  Caring, awesome Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

Both my husband and I get our eye exams done by Dr. Luviano. He takes the time to check us out for symptoms related to diabetes and neurological problems. We are pleased with his professional, caring manner.

Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Luviano is very thorough and very personable. He explains everything and does not rush you. His staff also does a great job. I would recommend him if asked about an Ophthalmologist.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I have had two appointments with Dr. Luviano and they have been very professional and pleasureable. I would recommend him and his team of very professional staff.

|  Second Opinion  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2011

I was forced to him the doctor for second opinion by my grandchildren. Dr luviano, explained things very well and I dont have glaucoma or macular degeneration. I can sleep better now. He will follow me for both diseases because they are rampant in my family, especially my twin sister

|  My son, a flight surgeon in the Air Force, suggested I see him  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

I been seeing the same ophthalmologist for over 20 years. My son did some research and asked me to switch. I was so glad that I did. He found some diabetes damage. He called my diabetes doctor so they could do a continues glucose monitor test. My A1c was good, but he suspected my sugar was high at other times and causing the damage. After adjusting the time I inject insulin, my sugars got stable and my diabetes eye damage got better. My endocrinologist recommends him too. He also said become my vision is good enough for me I dont have to have cataract surgery. He wanted my diabetes to be controlled to see if vision got better. I think it did, but the numbers did not change I still see 20/40, good enough to renew my license. I dont care if doctor is nice, what i care if they are smart enough to help find solutions. this young doctor reminds me of my son, eager to fix his patients. I am glad I have a doctor in the family to research who I see. I wanted to share with you these news so you too can get help so you too can benefit like I did. I rather die than loose my sight.

|  dad had a stroke  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

dr luviano found a blind spot from stroke in his brain. he is very nice.

|  Patient and Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Michael G on Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr Damien Luviano, MD is a very caring and attentive doctor. I have visited him on several occasions. He does not write on the chart when he talks to me. He listens and answers all my questions. I have never felt rushed in his office. He is an eye doctor, but we discuss blood pressure, diabetes, and my horrible weight problem at each visit. His smile does brighten up the room. I have made my children ages 50 and 58 see him, and they are equally impressed. Yes, I am old.

Mar 15th, 2011

my eyes were wandering for 61 yrs. i was working at a hospital and surgeeon who dr. consulted couldnt use the insurance because it was out of network. i would have to go to dr. in houston. after retiring from that institution,and obtaining another insurance plan,DR.asked dr. ren who agreed to do it. now my ayes are straight. surgery went well and he followed up afterwaed. HES very concerned that his pts do well.i would recommend him to anyone as an excellelent dr.

|  Could not see  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

dr Luviano helped my grandmother. She was blind for years. She was scared to have surgery. After surgery she was able to see. She lives him. She is no longer depressed and does not need help with pills and chores. I wish we had done it earlier. She was afraid of pain. She had zero pain during or after surgery. Never took a pain pill for cataract surgery. People that had surgery don't wait long in lobby. This is good so I can get ti work.

|  mr carl b lewis  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

you are a God sent man and I pray that you continue doing God's will...Thank you and God Bless!!!

|  Diabetes exam. Saved me money on glasses  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2011

dr luviano examined me for diabetes damage. He found none. He even looked up my labs prior to seeing me! I wanted a new prescription. For first time I found out my reading and distance glasses are over the counter. I no longer have to buy expensive prescriptions. I wish I would have been told that before. More importantly I wish I was not told to change prescriptions every year. He did tell me he is not an eyeglass doctor but understands it well because he teaches optics to other eye doctors. I am happy to know over counter glasses won't hurt my eyes.