Dr. Damodara Rajasekhar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 5 reviews

September 20th, 2013
When my son was born I had a different pediatrician, and he was terrible, which is why I switched to Dr. Raja and I believe dr. raja is really a great dr. I have one child and alway freak out when anything seems out of the norm and make an appointment. When I tell the dr. what I think is wrong he will always follow up with extra tests, although I can tell he thinks it is unnecessary. Normally he is right:) but the fact that he takes my worries serious and does follow up is great. At times he is short and quick with the appointment, but it doesn't bother me at all. He is wonderful and my son is in good hands.

July 23rd, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Okay, I can see why these people who wrote these reviews might think Dr. Raja is the way they say he is. But they are dead wrong! Dr. Rajasekhar is a very quiet man, soft spoken and maybe a little bit shy. He is extremely knowledgeable and I would not take my kids anywhere else. Dr. Raja was Chief of Staff at both Victor Valley Hospital and St. Mary's Hospital in Apple Valley during two different spans of time. He does not take any chances with the health of my kids and will refer them to specialists right away if he doesn't know what is wrong. I have a special needs child who is now 17, and I would not trust the health of Cole to any other Dr like I would to Dr Rajasekhar. This Dr has returned calls to us at 2:00am, and has taken calls that late many times over the past 17 years. When my daughter needed an emergency surgery because the E.R. staff at St.Mary's sent her home with a bladder infection when she actually had a ruptured appendix, Dr. Raja came to the hospital at midnight to ensure that all the right measures were taken for her to have the best outcome as possible as she was going into septic shock. There was another time when my daughter was a older, around 15, when she was hospitalized, and Dr had come in and I had not considered what his day may have been like...being frustrated with the nursing staff and tired and stressed over the health of my daughter, I had made the comment to Dr Raja that it seemed like he didn't care. He couldn't believe I had said that. After all the years of him being my kid's Dr, and all the special care and going out of his way for us, he nearly had tears in his eyes! He stopped and made a point to tell us how much he cared and I could see just how offended he was over my comment. Dr Rajasekhar is a very quiet man, but he has so much integrity and he does, absolutely know what he is talking about. My kids are in such safe hands with Dr. Rajasekhar. When my daughter turned 18, she cried at her very last Dr. visit with him. She misses him and knows that it will be very difficult to find another Dr as caring as he is. My son only has one more year with Dr. Rajasekhar, and I am very nervous about who is going to take over his care. Dr. Rajaskhar is not like most Dr's who rush you in and out and dish out all kinds of meds to mask the symptoms, he actually tries to find the root problem, usually by sending the patient out to a specialist, which I think is the smartest thing to do. I highly recommend Dr. Rajasekhar.

March 19th, 2012
I will NEVER go back to this doctor again! Horrible. Not knowledgable and caused me MANY other problems!

May 18th, 2011
i didnt like him at all hes all about the money... thats why he just rushes thru it...

June 12th, 2010
Go to ANYONE ELSE
He must have payed for his degree's he knows nothing about pediactrics. he is very unfriendly, he is short with you. Quick to prescribe anything and everything withot fully diagnosing whats wrong. he sent my son to be admitted at the hospital then took off on vacation with out giving the hospital any direction about my son. Which is AMAZING to me, because he is the lead neonatologist at that hospital. I would recommend ANYONE else but him.