Damon D Tanton, MD
Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
400 Celebration Pl
Celebration, Kissimmee, FL 34747
407-303-4855
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Awesome Dr.  |  show details
by A. B. on Jul 15th, 2013

I have no idea what these people are complaining about. I have been seeing him for over a year and I have no complaints. Lab work and your symptoms are what he goes on..hello? What kind of Dr. is he again? He takes his time talking with me and listens when I explain things so that we both are working on my health. I have not see anyone else in the office but him and he has been great and helping me get my health back on target. I would recommend him to anyone, even my kids.

|  Maybe a Great Doctor, but you can hardly see him.  |  show details
by Alicia on May 2nd, 2013

trying to make an appoinment with him it is imposible. Receptionist skills in the phone AWFUL, you can tell without looking at her, her attitude.Sorry, you lost me as a patient, good luck!!!!!!

|  Arrogant and impatient  |  show details
by Donna Greer on Apr 29th, 2013

I saw Dr. Tanton on 3 occasions as he was referred by my ObGyn. Having had a poor experience with a previous Endo, I came prepared to discuss AND participate in my treatment. Dr. Tanton was resistant to hearing my feedback from my personal research. Instead of treating my symptoms, he insisted on operating solely on lab work.. I expressed a desire to push my labs to 'optimal' for me vs. a pre-defined arbitrary range. He viewed my questions as "aggressive" and "argumentative" when I was simply trying to understand and collaborate with what is, after all, MY HEALTH. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired and he comes off as an arrogant pompous know-it-all that has no desire but to pontificate on his textbook knowledge vs. being open minded to what the patient has to say. He may be trained and educated, but he'd do well to grow up a bit too. I would in no way refer him to my worst enemy, let alone my friends and family.

by Mary on Feb 11th, 2013

Doctor is OK, not more. Office stuff - awful.

|  Totally uncaring  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

Completely misdiagnosied my illness, he should really stick to weight loss and leave endocrinology to the experts! And forget about his PA, totally incompent! It's amazing to me he has not been sued repeatedly for mal practice

|  very good physician, variable staff  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

Dr. Tanton himself is quite personable and very approachable, and is a fine clinician as his is ARNP Mary Craft. The reception team had proven a nightmare in the past where calls remained on hold forever if you were lucky enough to get through at all (it rang incessantly). Things seem far better now. Make sure to get everything done at your visit as their rules about this were strict.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

I have heard so many wonderful things about the doctor. I just wish he accepted medicade.

|  new patient  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

When I go to the DOCTORS I want to see a DOCTOR not a P.A.

Jan 6th, 2012

Dr. Does not see you even if you make appointment w. doctor. End up seeing nurse.

Oct 19th, 2011

Dr. Tanton barely sees patients anymore; everyone goes to the NP Mary Craft. She has no knowledge of thyroid disease and leaves patients w/less information than they had before they saw her. Dr. Tanton also denies any correlation between thyroid disease and any other problems a patient has that other doctors admit are related. Nurses at the office are unfriendly, and getting in touch w/someone at the office by phone is impossible.

|  Dr. Tanton and Staff  |  show details
by Dawn on Sep 12th, 2011

I have to say both he and his P.A are very efficient and very nice. I felt very confident in all the things they shared with me. My follow up visit with P.A was excellent. She made me feel like I was one of the family. I have corresponded with her on a couple occasions and felt she answered all my questions that I needed to have answered. Thank You for excellent service.

|  Very competent doctor!  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

After 3 years with the same Endicronolgist (I'm very hardheaded in changing doctors)I finally knew my problem my problem was more serious than my doctor cared to know. So I finally contacted Dr. Tanton's office and was positively surprised about his analytical and knowledgeable check up, listening with respect and also answering my questions in a very courteous and professional manner. I feel completely confident having him as my endocrinologist.

|  WOW what a nightmare - and the Office Staff is INCOMPETENT  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

I would have rated this Doctor higher except his office staff have been incompetent in accurately and correctly billing my insurance carrier. Additionally you can never get anyone to answer the phone because it just rolls over into voicemail. The billing practices are questionable so please review in detail the exact charges for you visit before you leave, otherwise you may come back for a follow up visit and have a huge bill waiting for you! What the Doctor can improve on is his interaction with the patient... he comes in, sits down and does not face you so you are looking at his side or his back the entire time while he takes notes. Then he hands you off to the nurse who brings you all your med scripts. Way too quick, and impersonal for the money he bills my insurance. You can get better customer service at the local McDonald's; imagine that. Again, ask for a detailed billing report so you know EXACTLY what you are being charged for, as most insurance carriers only will cover what is considered REASONABLE and CUSTOMARY, and I can tell you this is the only one of my Doctors who seems to have extremely high billings thus you will eat the difference. The office staff needs to be relieved and new blood brought in as they are just incompetent beyond belief. Sorry, but this Doctor is not a Demi-God as others may lead you to believe.

Jun 2nd, 2011

Dr Tanton took off medication that was for a common side effect in which I didn't have. He then perscribed a medication that has fixed most of my problems with few side effects.

|  Great Doctor - Way too Busy  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

The poor ratings are based upon the fact he is way to busy to get an appointment within a reasonable time-frame. I have had to wait up to 3 months to get in to see him, and when I have called his after-hours service, the turnaround time for call back is over 1 hour and requires multiple calls to the service to get a response. His patient load is excessive so I feel this is the reason it is difficult to get timely appointments. Then he breezes in and in 5-10 minutes he is done with me. 9 of those minutes are spend with his back to me as he writes info in the medical chart. I just feel he needs to partner with another MD to help him so that we get more prompt service. You would think I would go to another Doctor, but Damon is very sharp and knows his field so it is hard to find another Doctor with his knowledge.

|  NEW PATIENT  |  show details
by A new, and now permanent, patient on Apr 13th, 2011

After 15yrs of doctoring, FINALLY one who took all the pieces of the puzzle, not just a few, and found the right diagnosis. I now have hope, something I've not had for years. He was so kind and understood all that I have been through. If you have an endocrine problem, go see him. Believe me, you won't be sorry. He listens. He really listens. Listening is something not too many docs are willing to do. But this doc does. Thank you Dr. Tanton for giving me hope. I now look forward to tomorrow.

Feb 9th, 2011

Great Doctor and staff. Very informative and on time!

Jan 20th, 2011

Dr. Tanton is a caring human being, as well as a caring professional. He sits, and listens to my concerns, and answers my questions thoroughly. He is also extremely knowledgeable, and up to date on current research in his field. I would recommend him to anyone.

by Vicky P. on Apr 14th, 2010

The best Doctor I have ever seen

|  highly recommended  |  show details
by AAZ on Dec 10th, 2009

In one sentence, the BEST doctor in every way. He's got a clean office, professional curteous and friendly staff. He pays attention to every detail, listens to the patient with keen interest, is open to comments and suggestions, gives u a lot of time and has a lot of knowledge.

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
by David Lyons on Mar 24th, 2009

Dr Tanton is one of the most caring and professional doctors I have ever seen. He takes the time to get to know you and your condition and genuinely cares to help you to stay healthy. He listens and is interested in your opinion and unlike many other doctors he wants what's best for you not what's easiest to accomplish. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Tanton to anyone who has a condition that falls into his specialty.