Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist, Dentist

Virginia Oral & Facial Surgery
11545 A Nuckols Rd
Glen Allen, VA 23059
804-673-8061
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Worse Experience Ever.  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2014

When the dentist told me it was time to get my bottom two wisdom teeth out and she recommended Dr. Watson, I didn't give it a second thought. I went into my initial consultation with high hopes that he was going to be a good oral surgeon (especially since my dentist recommended him). The consultation went great and he seemed like a great surgeon who was invested in his patients. Little did I know that was not the case, at all. He took out my wisdom teeth and didn't sew up my holes and didn't give me antibiotics to start off. I then got a dry socket in one of my holes two days later and I went back in to see him. He misdiagnosed me and said it was an infection and gave me antibiotics. For the next FOUR days, I was in the worse pain of my life. No drugs of any sort would relive an OUNCE of the pain I was experiencing and everyone kept telling me that it was a dry socket. I looked up online what a dry socket was and all the symptoms matched up perfectly- I knew it was a dry socket. I called the office, the nurse and the doctor-on-call, and everyone kept telling me to just wait it out and that it would get better. They were wrong. I finally went back in there and TOLD Dr. Watson it was a dry socket and he finally packed my hole. Within 10 minutes, I felt like a human being again. His intolerance to listen to his patients and take in to account that we are telling the truth, caused me so much pain and misery. It is not worth your well-being being placed into the hands of a doctor who does not listen to his patients.

|  Well trained and Great personality  |  show details
by Seasoned patient on Jan 27th, 2013

I must admit, I was a bit nervous when I saw the "young-looking" face walk in the room saying, "hello, I'm Dr. Watson". Apparently, Dr. Watson was used to this, because in the midst of the consultation he cracked a joke about his boyish looks. Had me in stitches,,,and I found out he is older than he looks. I was impressed at his down-to-earth demeanor and bedside manner. I felt comfortable that he cared and knew exactly what he was doing. I have had many doctors in the past and I must say it is a joy to have a doctor take a humanistic approach. Also, his staff is spectacular and the office is modern with all the bells and whistles. He performed my procedure without a glitch and off I went. Took no time at all. To my surprise THE DOCTOR called me that night to check on me! Wow! I would recommend Dr. Watson to anyone. Very well trained and a genuinely nice person as well.

|  broke my jaw!!  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

he broke my jaw DONT GO!!

|  Happy, Honest, and Professional  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

My experience at Dr. Watson's office was excellent from the time I walked in the door. The receptionists were very bubbly and profession, the office was well-kept modern, and comfortable. I did not wait long in the lobby or for the doctor in the evaluation room. Dr. Watson had

|  show details
by a senior patient on Oct 1st, 2010

and up and coming young doctor

|  You need to read this first!!!!  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2010

Okay so Dr. Watson is not a bad person and that is not why I am writing a review. My jaw was broken during a wisdom tooth extraction, which was blamed on my OI. But I have been told by my clinical geneticist that I have the blue scalars and that is it I do not break my bones easily at all. In fact him braking my jaw was only my second brake in my life, which the first was when I was 11 and I fell in wet grass and my foot went the other way so that was unavoidable. So I know that this brake had NOTHING to do with it because I am not affected by OI with brittle bones and neither are my children. Not to mention my jaw healed off which I kept trying to tell him and he ignored until 4 weeks later and finally decided "ok she's right I better fix this" so he had re-shut my mouth again which could have been avoided if he listened to me. Well then after that I had a lot of pain so I called him in tears and told him and he said "you have to get used to your mouth being shut again" well I tried and could not take it so I called again and said "the pain was too much and I think that the wires need to be tightened" He replied "I know that you are trying to DICTATE your care" so I started crying more and got off the phone took the bands off and the next day I saw Dr. Wadowsky and told what I thought the problem was and he said "yes your right" and then he tightened them gave me some pain meds and sent me on my way. Well I did not even need the pain meds at all because all the pain was gone once the wires were tightened. So if Dr. Watson would have listened to me that would not have had to happen. So now I see Dr. Wadowsky who I adore!! I truly feel that if I saw him from the beginning this would not have happened. Plus the oral surgeon that I saw before Dr. Watson actually advised against taking out that wisdom tooth because it was so far into my jaw that he thought my jaw would break so I should have listened to him!!! He was right!! Well let me say that Dr. Watson is not a bad person and I do feel that he is a good Dr. he just needs to listen to his patients more. If from the first visit he listened more to me he would not have decided to take that tooth out at all because I said to him "I want you to take out only what is 0 necessary right now" Plus the office charged me $1500 and offered me nothing back to take a little responsibility. I mean it was just all my fault and yo would think that as a Dr. or business that you would feel at least partly responsible and offer a discount of some kind but they offered nothing. And to make everything worse I got my medical records and the NASTY comment that was made to me while I was in pain and trying was conveniently left out. Funny huh?? The nurses were amazing though, and always so good with my kids and actually so was Dr. Watson and he was caring too he just did not listen. So I hope this helps..I have a Bio degree and I just took the MCAT and got a 34 so I am not completely ignorant so please make the best decision for you and understand that I am simply trying to let people know my story not down anyone. Please excuse the typos I am in a hurry. Good luck to all!!!

|  show details
Oct 22nd, 2009

Well trained doctor. Very honest and down to earth approach.